It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CATO Institute: Individual Liberty, Free Markets, and Peace

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
The CATO Institute. An Institution created as a Standard Bearer of the Constitution. Founded in 1977, The Cato Institute is a public policy research organization — a think tank — dedicated to the principles of individual liberty, limited government, free markets and peace. Its scholars and analysts conduct independent, nonpartisan research on a wide range of policy issues.

I think that all Americans should review the resources CATO offers!

Here are some of thier recent Publications:

Health Czar: 'Zero Tolerance' for Obamacare Critics

Last August, the White House website ask all of us, "If you get an email or see something on the web about health insurance reform that seems fishy, send it to [email protected]."

These tactics sound EXACTLY like the protocol used by the JDL !

Wow, no wonder, this information was published originally by:

This article appeared in Jewish World Review on September 22, 2010

NEXT....

ObamaCare Extortion

The result is that insurance premiums will jump as much as 9 percent next year, especially in the individual and small-group markets. Some customers could see hikes of 20 percent or more.

Now those warnings are coming true. And the Obama administration wants to punish anyone who points it out.

WOW, Speak and be profiled, labeled, excluded, catagorised, branded, and then ultimately - as it's known in the shadier realms of organized crime - SILENCED.

NEXT...

What We Have Here Is a Failure to Communicate

The politicians simply do not get it. The Declaration of Independence says governments are created to secure our rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. In other words, to leave us the hell alone. That is what makes for American exceptionalism, despite President Obama's claim that all nations are exceptional. No, they are not, not in the way America is.

Politicians are REFUSING to get it is more like a better anallogy...

NEXT...

Cato Scholars Take on Obama's Health Care Program

healthcare.cato.org

Cato has stood firm in its opposition to government-mandated health coverage

But more than just showing what’s wrong with our current health care system and the plans the Obama administration has for changing it, Cato analysts are offering a comprehensive set of solutions for America’s health.

check out the website for more details!

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

Added to bookmarks.

I don't know why I have not done that before. Probably because I have enough to read but oh well. Maybe about 5-10 minutes there.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
CATO - name meaning: All Seeing

coincidence?

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier

And let me just state that that term would rightly fit them well.

I've discovered legislation on the stump in congress or the house simply because CATO reported on it...

I've even been enlightened to current politicval issues I'd never have a clue on otherwise - that is unless I was monitoring the CSPAN channels, listening to this and or that radio station, and has Three or four websites loaded lol.

CATO doesn't miss a lick.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I'm really wary of any website that claims to be "libertarian" and for individualism, free-markets, and liberty while not criticizing the state and corporations for both making the market less and lesser free. I have my suspicions about the CATO institute.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier

Actually... where exactly did you get that meaning from?

CATO Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
English Acronym CATO

(rocketry) Catastrophic at take off
(Canadian, military) Cadet Administrative and Training Order
(aviation) Catapult Assisted Take-Off

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
I'm really wary of any website that claims to be "libertarian" and for individualism, free-markets, and liberty while not criticizing the state and corporations for both making the market less and lesser free. I have my suspicions about the CATO institute.

you mean articles like these? :

The Curse of Government Failure

Old Theory of Keynesian Stimulus Comes Up against Hard New Facts

Lawless Policy: TARP as Congressional Failure

Attack of the Utility Monsters: The New Threats to Free Speech

check out these articles: Constitutional Studies

I particularly love the article on 'Reclaiming the War Power'

skepticism is healthy. Investigation is another avenue of healthy.

Here's to your health!

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

My problem with the CATO Institute is the same problem I have with a bunch of other "think tanks." The CATO institute is founded and funded by the billionnaire Koch brothers, one of which who still runs its board and directs its activities. Americans love and trust "academic think tanks" and this is one way the Koch brothers push their ideology without it appearing that it is the views of two of the richest men in the world trying to make themselves richer.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

You should be skeptical. This is not some organization working without an agenda to improve the lives of Americans. It is Koch founded, funded and directed organization pushing an extremely hard right, pro corporate fascism agenda.

www.exxonsecrets.org...

www.sierraclub.org...

www.newyorker.com...

www.observer.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

Edward H. Crane

Edward Crane is founder and president of the Cato Institute.

While it is true that CATO is part of the KOCH Enterprise, I must insert that the articles published by the people, who do not have the last Name of Koch, are well written.

Now, can you please enlighten us about Koch? What are thier fallacies? Since thier billionaires, I suppose it's on a level equal to a Vatican Diocese Reorganization.... Correct?

edit on 25-9-2010 by Heyyo_yoyo because: (no reason given)

top topics

join