It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's high time casual sex was regulated legally with a pre-sex form of consent!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I'm with you SaturnFX....

Look, when I was younger, I had some liaisons where I didn't practice safe sex. Luckily for me, there were no consequences (no STDs, no children, etc.).

However, had there been...then well, it would have been my fault for not practicing safety, and thinking with another part of the anatomy. We're all responsible for our own actions, and we don't need a mood-killing form (in my opinion) to try and remove that responsibility.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Yeah, each to their own.
For some it might be a mood killer, others might feel more at ease once the legalities are addressed.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
The government has NO business in my (or anyone else's) sex life! We have enough of that as it is. We don't need a government agency mucking around in our private lives. I can't believe anyone would actually consider this.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I'm not necessarily saying the government should prescibe this.
It should be volantary to be a "form man" or "form gal".
However, the social costs of casual sex might lead to an argument that the state should prescibe it (I wouldn't go that far at this stage).
If I had casual sex I would rather pay into a specific fund which provides such a legal service (actually I'm not sure any of it would be legally binding). Nevertheless I'd rather have "before" meddling than life-ruining "after" meddling.
Watching the Crime and Investigation Channel, it worries me how many innocent men go to jail on rape allegations/sexual abuse charges, simply from the testimony of one partner.
In one case a man went to jail for years, until somebody discovered that the female partner had a patern of mental illness, false allegations and stalking. Even then the system tried to cover its tracks and let him rot.
If people think it cannot happen to them, that's fine.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join