It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dark Man

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
In my shamanic psychotropic induced travels I have encountered the "cosmic junky" looking for their daily dose of fear. I think it was Keel that described the psychic drug as "loosh" that these entities seek. They can take almost any form as they know what arouses the most sweet terror in their victims.
Bueno Suertas mono

edit on 25-9-2010 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by sum1one
does this so-called "dark man" entity you speak of have the ability to take other forms by chance? I have had experiences with dark figures, but the one I remember the most vividly (from back when I was still a young child, probably not even 10 years old yet) took the form of a "shadow cat".

Wow, I had the same experience as a teenager while in the hospital. Thought it was a dream. This very dark angular cat figure came through the window and jerked all the I.V.'s out of my arm. I was frightened to say the least, but somehow managed to get back to sleep. When I awoke the following morning, sure enough......all my I.V lines were pulled out and fluids all over the place. Fricking creepy.

On top of that, my parents did not tell me my favorite uncle died of a heart attack in that very same hospital while I was an inpatient. Strange.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Is this Operation Ivy "Take Warning" song about Darkman, about not being too egotistical, about not beating up the Darkman at night due to repressed ignorance?

"Enough is enough is enough
Why don't you just ease up
I saw another beat down last night, take warning
Who's the next to hit the ground tonight, take warning
Take warning"

....or not, perhaps not, but the album cover is a spittin' image of darkman nonetheless. Maybe the song is one about not starting brawls.

edit on 25-9-2010 by quantum_flux because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I've seen something similar several times in my life but have referred to them as shadow-men.

terrifying.

i woke up once to see this large [empty] black shadow leaning over the sleeping form of my brother. in fear (i was only a child) i gasped, my breath caught in my throat. this man-shaped shadow quickly straightened, turned and lunged at me.

I saw it several years later just walking through my house as if it were his.

i've seen it following me down a country road for almost a mile in direct sunlight

Horrible experiences.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by chinorevilla
May you share with us or with me, the antidote? Would any magick word help to drive the strangler away?

Yes there are several words that would work in combination with other processes but it would be irresponsible of me to bandie them about for people to play around with ... that's why I wanted to be sure from the OP before I gave him anything.

Woody

edit on 25-9-2010 by woodwytch because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wanderer1990
One thing I do believe is that as we progress towards 2012, more of these shadow beings are going to be seen. I believe the gap between space/time is thinning and things are really gonna get interesting, metaphysically speaking. I hope my stories were interesting to whomever!

-Light and Love

I feel the same way, as the veil gets even more transparent towards 2012 it is gonna get very interesting! Yes your stories were very interesting thank you.

Originally posted by spirit_horse
. The spirit world is real. I also died a couple of times in the hospital and my NDE also proved the life after death to me. I am no longer afraid of death, because I know it is just the body that dies and you or your spirit goes on. I feel sorry for non believers because I can't imagine going through life thinking there is nothing after death, or that God doesn't exist, however you define that. Body death in this life form is just another phase in an ongoing life or existence.

This is one reason I posted my experiences. I feel it can show people that the mystery of our existence is infinite. This will never wane as the wheel turns we are revealed more and more. It is for me proof of the afterlife.

Originally posted by woodwytch

Anyhoo, sorry for the extremely long-winded post ... hope at least some of it it relevant and helpful ... just let me know if you'd like further advise with this matter.

Woody

Hi Woody, thank you for posting in my thread, I always find you fascinating. I too am a practitioner in the craft. I have felt before it could be a thought-form but my intuition on this tells me it is not. This thing seems to be an entity all to itself and is very menacing. The blue light did seem like the auric light of healing. I don't think the light may have come from it though now that I read you post. You inadvertently I think gave me an answer to part of the puzzle. My wife is a Reiki master and an acupuncturist.

I am now wondering if this blue light was of the energy is was sucking off of my wife and when I went primeval it left in such haste its metaphoric stinger was leaking the energy it was stealing from my wife?

Tell me what you think.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

Hey there again,

The 'psychic vampire' could be a very definate possibility ... especially as your wife deals with energy in her work ... maybe this is something left behind by one of her clients (maybe it thought she would be a better source of supply so to speak).

Unless the 'blue vortex' came from one of her guides, who could have been alerted by your primal growl

You know when I read these things back to myself ... I can see how sceptics find the whole idea mad ... there is no way to put these things that could possible sound sane to a sceptic.

These things really are only truly believable after the fact

I've learned this lesson since my current case which was completely new terratory for me ... as this is for you.

As for your situation ... I'd be keen to hear what methods of protection and cleansing you use (either here on the thread or by u2u) as a practitioner of the Craft yourself you obviously know what you're doing but maybe I can see something that could be strengthened from an outside perspective ... or see where something you're doing could be tweeked ... it may just be a case of the old 'wood for the trees thing' because you're both so close to the situation.

Woody

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Woody what are you doing up so early/late over there on your side of the pond?

I will u2u you tomorrow if you dont mind? This old witch is getting sleepy and had a long day. I like your idea of the light being one of her guides...could very well be.

Love and light

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
reply to post by woodwytch

Woody what are you doing up so early/late over there on your side of the pond?

I will u2u you tomorrow if you dont mind? This old witch is getting sleepy and had a long day. I like your idea of the light being one of her guides...could very well be.

Love and light

It was almost 5am when I went to bed this morning ... I must learn to mean it when I say in my head 'just this last post'

I used to do that quite often when I first joined ATS ... just couldn't tear myself away ... I think 6am is the latest/earliest, I've ever been stuck here ... when there was a torrent of replies to be made on my 'Spontaneous Past-life Memories' thread

It speaks volumes for the quality of the threads that I've been frequenting this weekend.

The blue light does seem to be something seperate to the Dark Man and spirit-guide seems like a possible candidate ... it's all a process of elimination really.

Anyhoo, I'm up and at it for another day ... and I shall be popping in and out of ATS throughout the day so I look forward to your u2u.

Woody

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Woodwych
The blue light does seem to be something seperate to the Dark Man and spirit-guide seems like a possible candidate ... it's all a process of elimination really.

I would have to agree, in my experience, beings of this nature produce no light of their own, which is the purpose of their feeding off those who are still connected to "source".

There exists a theory that there are entire races, planets and solar systems of beings who have disconnected themselves from source to live eternally, but it requires the act of vampirism to maintain their pseudo-life.

We will always be stronger then the dark man if we can get around his weapon of Fear.

Blessings,

-G

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Gradius Maximus

I would have to agree with what you said about beings giving up the source to live eternal. It is because they cannot give up the ego and feel if they become one with the source when death occurs they will lose themselves.

Great concept. I too have felt this but seeing it in words help confirm.

Mankind will one day have this choice through science.

I hope we make the right one.

Namaste

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gradius Maximus

Woodwych

I would have to agree, in my experience, beings of this nature produce no light of their own, which is the purpose of their feeding off those who are still connected to "source".

There exists a theory that there are entire races, planets and solar systems of beings who have disconnected themselves from source to live eternally, but it requires the act of vampirism to maintain their pseudo-life.

We will always be stronger then the dark man if we can get around his weapon of Fear.

Blessings,

-G

Hey there Gradius Maximus,

Completely agree with what you just wrote. These kind of enities depend on fear for their very survival.

Two slightly off-topic points ...

I love your avatar ... wood from the Sacred Grove (?) ... so do you follow the Druidic path ... or like me do you just love trees (and for anyone waiting to pounce on that comment I do not just mean in a 'tree-hugging' kind of way) Although I do love that slogan 'Tree-Hugging Dirt-Worshipper' makes me smile ever time I see it.

And thank-you for breathing life back into my 'pastlife memory' thread ... it's been asleep for ages but every now and again it gets woken-up. I shall read your posts and write a full reply tomorrow ... after my extended visit to ATS yesterday I will not be late to my bed tonight

Woody

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

I love your avatar ... wood from the Sacred Grove (?) ... so do you follow the Druidic path ... or like me do you just love trees (and for anyone waiting to pounce on that comment I do not just mean in a 'tree-hugging' kind of way) Although I do love that slogan 'Tree-Hugging Dirt-Worshipper' makes me smile ever time I see it.

And thank-you for breathing life back into my 'pastlife memory' thread ... it's been asleep for ages but every now and again it gets woken-up. I shall read your posts and write a full reply tomorrow ... after my extended visit to ATS yesterday I will not be late to my bed tonight

Woody

Good evening Woody,

Thanks for the Avatar comment, I've been working with the sacred grove for nearly 2 years now. I follow a sect of shamanism which is from Northern Europa/England - we are not druids although we have many similar traditions. My love of trees runs deep indeed, the sacred grove will play a significant role for me in the days to come.

LOL, love that saying as well, although if I'm in the woods having a moment with a tree, none have dared openly say it to me. One of my favorites is the Rowan.

A pleasure writing to your thread and LGM's as well, I resonate very well with the both of you and look forward to future discussions as I am new to the ATS community.

Blessings to you both,

-G

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I keep meaning to mention something about this post. You hit it right on the head whaaa. Thank you for the contribution.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
-truthseeker

"Something does not want us to be released from our egotistical, material selves. I almost feel it getting desperate."

I'm new here, but I feel like that's THE question, truthseeker, that had me at wits end as well, until I considered what appears to be the Grand Unifying Theory: Yes, evil exists, and in regard to a previous poster: Occultists/Paranormal Experiencers--whatever you want to call them--are NOT crazy or imaging things; so who and/or what is behind ALL this? Could it be Satan? Yes, it could. Peace.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join