It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dark Man

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
My wife has had this reoccurring dream of this "Dark Man" he is just a silhouette and is always chasing her and sometimes catches her and chokes her. I used to think it was just a dream but one night she was whimpering in her sleep that woke me up. When I looked at her I could almost see him but more than that I felt him. It felt cold, clingy, dark and evil. Before I could think I heard myself in this gutteral voice I did not know I possessed and growled "Get off her!"

The next thing that happened was that it turned into this blue light, maybe almost rainbow colored and went into a vortex...like a tornado and went into the ceiling and was gone. she was as usual very frightened.

Whenever she has this nightmare it seems to almost scare her to death. I think its the only way this thing can manipulate the material world is through our thoughts and fear.

One other thing. My wife and I are both professional psychics. We own a Metaphysical bookstore and are both well versed in the mystic. I have a good handle on what this entity is, the reason I posted this is that it not an uncommon theme in many peoples dreams who are vibrationally sensitive, and I wanted to hear some of your accounts of "The Dark Man".

Thank you. LGM

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I don't have a personal story, but my friend was dating this girl not too long ago and she said this dream started after they met? So hear is the dream he told me she had. She said it starts off with her laying in bed and there is a dark figure in the corner of the room and she can see and sense that he is there, and she says there is another peron just beside her bed that is telling her that he is in the room. Kinda freaked me out when I heard this.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
does this so-called "dark man" entity you speak of have the ability to take other forms by chance? I have had experiences with dark figures, but the one I remember the most vividly (from back when I was still a young child, probably not even 10 years old yet) took the form of a "shadow cat".

my experiences - despite my parents trying their hardest to convince me was nothing more than a "nightmare", occurred while I was still wide awake and in fact having trouble sleeping. Around this same time both me and my sister also experienced a "poltergeist" - if it was just a bad dream, then how could my sister and I both have exactly the same dream at exactly the same time and remember exactly the same events...

edit on 24-9-2010 by sum1one because: added more information.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Well... first off, thanks for sharing. I can relate very much to this story. I've always had impressions/sensations in my dreams that I'm running or being chased, high tense situations, violence. This one dream, I have the impression I was smuggling/sneaking this specific woman, for whatever reason, to protect her, or attempt to. We were in an RV, it was dark, I was in very back facing front of RV, she was to my left sitting in dark... we heard a noise or got impression we had company, I walked 3/4 up the bus towards windshield, outside of which was a streetlight somewhere very close, and next thing I know, this "Dark Man" appeared in front of the window, next thing I knew, it was BEHIND me in back of bus, close to that woman, who, although I can see her silhouette, seems the Dark Man didn't know she was there... I knew I was hopeless and this demon aimed a gun at my head and shot me in my head, I felt the bullet go in...

2-3 nights ago, I had a dream about a bunch of aliens in the sky, at night... i WOKE up from dream and I was still sleeping meaning I woke up from a dream into a dream where I knew I was sleeping still but in my dream, I just woke up from this dream and I was laying in bed...and my lamp turned ON out of no-where and I felt a terrible feeling of fear and wrapped myself back up in the blankets... felt all kinds of emotions of fear and terror, and after having looked up after a long while and praying to God, the light was back off and it seemed the Dark Man was gone although I didn't SEE it, i FELT it...

my 2 cents.. hope this makes sense.. seems inability to see them, Dark Clothes, night, and chasing you gets these Dark Man's off lol...

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
i do not believe in phsycics, remote viewing, ghostes, or any of these paranormal activities, i have never seen, read, or heard anything that would convince me that these things are nothing more than peoples imaginations at best, deceptions at worse. although i would like to believe in something.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by threadkiller

then consider yourself lucky, "threadkiller"

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Interesting to say the least.

I have experience with these "shadow people" mostly because of a very personal experience that I will not share on the public boards.

Given the fact that you and your wife are both sensitives, it wouldn't be such a far-fetched idea (at least to me) that perhaps she is manifesting her fears into a physical form.

With that being said, I find these things to be quite the disgusting lot. They're nothing more than a disturbance. If your wife has any more problems with these things, I would do a general cleansing/shielding of the house. I'm assuming you know what I'm talking about and how to take care of them.

Anyway, I don't have much more to say on the topic other than I wouldn't rule out the possibility that your wife is manifesting these things with her own mind. Just a thought of course.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by America?
. She said it starts off with her laying in bed and there is a dark figure in the corner of the room and she can see and sense that he is there, and she says there is another peron just beside her bed that is telling her that he is in the room. Kinda freaked me out when I heard this.

I have heard this from clients that have had this experience. A lot of them see this entity in the corner of the room. I find it VERY interesting that your friend had someone pointing it out to her. I bet that someone is a deceased family member that has taken on Guardian duty over your friend.

Originally posted by threadkiller
i do not believe in phsycics, remote viewing, ghostes, or any of these paranormal activities, i have never seen, read, or heard anything that would convince me that these things are nothing more than peoples imaginations at best, deceptions at worse. although i would like to believe in something.

That is your path. Your souls journey may not be ready yet in this lifetime. Look to your inner voice as the start point, the one that seems to observe your thoughts and actions. Good luck.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sum1one

I think they are related but not the same. Both seem to be lower astrals. I think the enitiy you are talking about can only be seen in the Peripheral vision. The Shadow man can be seen straight on and felt.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

Yes we have cleared that home and we do protect ourselves. I dont think she is manifesting it.

Namaste

Originally posted by RadiatorOfTheLight

2-3 nights ago, I had a dream about a bunch of aliens in the sky, at night... i WOKE up from dream and I was still sleeping meaning I woke up from a dream into a dream where I knew I was sleeping still but in my dream, I just woke up from this dream and I was laying in bed...and my lamp turned ON out of no-where and I felt a terrible feeling of fear and wrapped myself back up in the blankets... felt all kinds of emotions of fear and terror, and after having looked up after a long while and praying to God, the light was back off and it seemed the Dark Man was gone although I didn't SEE it, i FELT it...

my 2 cents.. hope this makes sense.. seems inability to see them, Dark Clothes, night, and chasing you gets these Dark Man's off lol...

The alien thing...highly scary stuff. I have had horrible dreams of aliens...nothing scares me like those dreams. There is something not quite right about the alien agenda.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

I just find the whole shadow people phenomenon fascinating. I've read so many reports and worked on cases (including my own) that dealt with these things. My only question is why here, why now?

I can definitely feel an air of sentience on their part. They don't feel like just random "bugs" that people pick up from time to time. Some seem to vibrate at a higher level, while others are complete gutter trash.

I hope I didn't offend you by suggesting that perhaps your wife was manifesting it. I was only trying to rule out all possibilities. Since you obviously know your wife better than I, I'll drop that theory and propose another one.

Have you felt any sort of vortexes or energy fluctuations within your home? Maybe setting up a video recording device at night might be able to help you in figuring out exactly where this thing is coming from. It obviously has an interest in your wife, and usually when they attach themselves to someone, they're rather hard to get rid of.

Anyway, good luck with everything. If you ever need to bounce ideas off a fellow sensitive, feel free to U2U me.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Sounds like a spirit entity attachment attempt. Time for a clearing.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker1984
reply to post by LoneGunMan

Have you felt any sort of vortexes or energy fluctuations within your home? Maybe setting up a video recording device at night might be able to help you in figuring out exactly where this thing is coming from. It obviously has an interest in your wife, and usually when they attach themselves to someone, they're rather hard to get rid of.

Anyway, good luck with everything. If you ever need to bounce ideas off a fellow sensitive, feel free to U2U me.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

No offense taken.

Yes we do have a vortex/portal in this home. We know who the deceased person is that opened it and we are going to be moving from here in the spring.

You mentioned about why here and why now. I have asked the same question. I know you are aware of the awakening we are all going through. Our vibrational state is changing and I feel that these things are trying to keep that state from reaching higher vibrational levels through fear. I personally have run the full circle in metaphysics from one that belief that evil does not exist and or is just negative energy to really feel that there is an evil force in the universe. Just like the devil card in the Tarot it deals in ego, materialism, greed and self serving pleasure no matter the cost to others and the self.

Something does not want us to be released from our egotistical, material selves. I almost feel it getting desperate.

Namaste my new friend

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
OP what do you think the entity is, and what do you think the vortex was? can you also inform me on what you think a pshyic is, i would like to dicuss this with you.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
I think its the only way this thing can manipulate the material world is through our thoughts and fear.

You hit the nail on the head there man! Although it's not exactly thoughts, they can only manipulate your attention and focus it on various archetypes. Strong emotions amplify this effect. You could consider it basic quantum mechanics really, your focused attention on something affects the outcome. Since they aren't part of this world and can't affect it directly, they use you as a surrogate.

I don't know if your wife has any skill in lucid dreaming or has even heard of it, but the best way to deal with any nightmare situation is to ignore it completely and keep your emotions in check.

edit on 25-9-2010 by The Cusp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
This could be a case of sleep paralyses. I have had cases where, upon partially waking up, I had hallucinations. I had seen a velociraptor, a guy with a shotgun, and thought I heard other people snoring in my room on my desk before, but it is impossible to move when that happens though. I recently have chalked it up to the fact that sound travels through the ventilation system and if somebody is snoring or watching a movie with a speaker going through the ducts, for instance, then sleep paralysis can make your mind to think something is in the room with you that you can't get away from. Rather scary experience.

I have also figured out that kids believe there is a monster in the closet whenever the AC unit kicks on and that air pressure bumps the doors. Another thing I've noticed is that heat or cold can cause knocking to occur in the walls and I think that is caused by the expansion and contraction of wood screws if you happen to have poor enough insulation in the walls.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by threadkiller

I hope I answered your first question in my last post.

What is a psychic? It is a person that has learned to listen to intuition. A person that has come by it at birth and ignored the unlearning that society has placed on us all. The former is one that had bought into what society has thought us but is learning to ignore that and listen to the inner self.

Life is such a mystery and people are not just our meatsuits. Nothing is as it appears. The dream world for the Shaman is as solid and as important as the conscious world. All beings share both worlds.

Why do we sleep? Why is it that if you miss more than three days of sleep you begin to unravel? The dream world is part of the trinity this is why we spend one third of our life in that world. Even nocturnal creatures have to sleep so it being night doesnt not explain why we sleep. I am telling you this because you are a seeker and I want to plant the seed that will grow in you. I could write volumes on just the world of dreams and have raised just a few questions that cannot be answered so you get a taste of the mystery of our existence.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by The Cusp

who are they you write about demons, extra demensional beings, e.t.s? i do not get what you are saying.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
good answer, i understood the part about going with your intuition, that makes sense, people in general seem like they have alot to unlearn. what is the difference, let say between what you do and sylvia browne, i mention her for lack of any one else i am familiar with.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Anyone seen the dark hat man.. wide brimmed hat and long horseman's coat?

This form is another variant of the dark man types that inhabit various lower realms around us.

What I find with them is they try to manipulate using Fear to insure the target person does not succeed in their tasks here this time. They can control a person quite easily, if that person is weakened and easily manipulated.. meaning not self-empowered as yet. Which is exactly what these types are trying to prevent from occuring.

So the more you Awaken the more you get Tested, in the physical world and in the non-physical ones.

I had them harrass my daughter when she was a very clear See'er and at times it attempts a return. Before then I ran into one while teaching a person how to contact and commune with the higher-self.. so I Loved it Unconditionally and thus began its own Healing back to the Light.

Prior to that it arrived in one of my friends dreams at the same moment it intereferred in my Meditation practice in preparation to Journey.. and it woke her up.. so she could see it's silhouette projected onto her bedroom curtains from the road light outside the house.

What I learned is that there are many organisations within the limited astral realms that each have various agendas in play. Many of those prefer to Avoid the Light by Choice.. but fail to adequately hide the Light that is naturally within them.. at least I can see it easily enough.

And the most effective way to deal with this Darkness is to Love it Unconditionally into the Light again. They have no Defense for this awesome 'weapon' we have inside of us.

I also think that since they force us to find our inner strengths to deal with them more effectively that they are actually helping us more than they think they are hindering us.

But that is just how I have experienced it over 35+ years so far.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join