It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican lawmaker-elect is sworn in after evading police

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Link to Los Angeles Times Article.

Reporting from Mexico City —
For days, Mexican police ringed Congress in an odd cat-and-mouse game, trying to catch Julio Cesar Godoy before he could get inside to take office as a federal deputy.

The mouse won.

On Thursday, Godoy popped up inside Congress and was quickly sworn in by the president of the Chamber of Deputies, thus gaining immunity from prosecution on 2009 drug-trafficking charges.

The hypocrisy of the Mexican Presidents recent criticisms of the US is obvious.

It would appear in Mexico there is a huge incentive for leaders of Drug Cartels to hold elected office. Once sworn in they are completely immune from the law. Imagine that.

While typing this, I just heard on the news that Mexico is building a fence on their southern border. Did I say hypocrisy? I meant HYPOCRISY!

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Well, our Congress has the same rules as Mexico.

They cannot be charged with a crime except by the Congress itself. Is that why so few go to prison?

Would not want too many being thrown up on the stand. Who was the last? Traficant?

Of course a few get caught after they are no longer in office.

As for Mexico, sounds about right. Those Mexicans are learning well. The big criminal payoffs come when you are in office.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

They cannot be charged with a crime except by the Congress itself. Is that why so few go to prison?

Are you sure about that? I thought that guy Jefferson that had that cash in his freezer was caught by an FBI sting...

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
errr....i'm really confused...are you all the one and the same people, or have you all just decided to have exactly the same avatar??
Or is my pc shagged and showing the same avatar for everyone??

Or is the words "just testing" under your name..key to this whole conversation!!!!??

(edit) ack!!! i've just seen my post have the same avatar with the words "just testing" under my name also!!! this is creepy!!

edit on 25-9-2010 by shaolin_dragon because: something creepy going on!!!

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
mexican officials are just as corrupt as our congressman

yeah mexico is being a hypocrite

a fence to keep them in or a fence to keep us out? hmmm

memory serves what about human rights violations that mexico claim the us was doing.

what about the human rights of all that drug war violence.............

congress cannont be charged for any law they pass for a little clarification.

if they break any other laws such and bribery etc they can and have been charged.

ok now that makes me confused because they write the laws

top topics

join