It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun Myung Moon, Anti-Christ, Messiah, or an attempt to cause prophecy to be fulfilled?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I posted several weeks ago in reference to Sun Myung Moon. At the time I was asking if you all think he is the Anti-Christ. More news has come to light now, that just may raise a few more eyebrows this time around. This started to make the rounds on the net a week or two ago. Now it is being covered by more mainline news sources. You can find articles on Jeff Rense, and World Net Daily. Written by The Washington Post, and MSNBC etc.. Sun Myung Moon was at the Dirksen Senate Office Building on March 23rd. He was introduced by Rabbi Waldmann, at an event for Ambassadors For Peace, with several lawmakers in attendance. Moon was presented with a crown, which he followed with a speach stating it is time to recognize him as the Messiah.
The links are here:

www.gorenfeld.net...

www.omaha.com...

www.worldnetdaily.com...

If you want to read about Sun Myung Moons connections to the Bush family and North Korea, there are several articles here:

www.consortiumnews.com...

For information on Sun Myung Moons connections with the right wing evangelist leadership, political and religious. Also discusses possibility of him being the Anti-Christ. Go here:

www.cuttingedge.org...

Lastly this is a website to calculate the number of the beast. It also has a theory about how the Anti-Christ will deceive everyone, when they figure out his name equivelence is 666. A very interesting read, that I think will be worth your time. Using the English Gematria Bible Code Alphabet Key, if you add up Sun Moon, which are his first and last names, it equals 666.

In this code, A=6, B=12, c=18, ect.........
S=114, U=126, N=84, M=78, O=90,
114+126+84+78+90+90+84=666

www.geocities.com...

What about his name, and the meaning behind it? Sun Moon, which is the equivelant to Alpha Omega, or beginning and the end. Which is how God refers to himself in the Bible. Sun= the beginning of the day, and Moon= the end of the day. Beginning and end, just a coincidence?

I myself do not know for a fact that he is the Anti-Christ. One thing I am sure of, is we all should be keeping an eye out just in case. So what do you all think about the Reverand Sun Myung Moon? Is he the Anti-Christ, or is he the Messiah, or are the powers that be, purposely trying to cause Bible prophesy to be fullfilled? We all may have to answer this question for ourselves sooner than we think. If you put this together with all of the prophesies that have been fulfilled, or are on the verge of being fulfilled. I.E microchip implants ect., it has got to be at least considered. IMO, I think we are past the point of writting all of this off. What's yours opinion?

Tom Sawyer

[edit on 24-6-2004 by TomSawyer]

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Tom Sawyer,

Being a Traditional Roman Catholic (though not part of Schismatic or Sedevacantist church), I find your post most interesting. In fact, I posted a thread to my Catholic email group that was quite similar to yours!

I am into Catholic Mysticism and Prophecy. Unequivocably, all the living Catholic Prophets and visionaries are saying that someone called "Maitreya" or "Lord Maitreya" is the actual Antichrist. Only problem is, this Maitreya guy has had only two photographs taken of him. I've seen his photos, and he looks a lot like Mutada Al-Sadr. He only LOOKS like al-Sadr though. (I don't think Al-Sadr is Maitreya). Another problem is that this Maitreya guy can bilocate and can appear in different forms. So he can look like different people, supposedly. So who knows what the real person looks like. Rumor has it that Maitreya is some 38 or 39 year old Indian (India) looking fellow living in hiding in the Indian section of London.

I am thinking ... possibly ... that Sun Yun Moon could be Maitreya. After all, who would think that some old, fat, Chinese guy would be the antichrist?

Now, it gets even better! Maitreya is the leader of a religious/humanitarian organization called Share International, which takes up two floors of the UN building. Sun Yun Moon also has affiliations with the UN. Both men, Maitreya and Moon have loads and loads of cash. Very rich.

Now, what do I believe regarding the end times as a Catholic? I believe that the first 3.5 "years" of the Seventieth Week of Daniel has been slowly drawn out over 2000 years, from the time of the birth of the church at Pentecost until now. However, it is bordering Catholic Dogma that the second half of the Seventieth Week of Daniel will be a literal 3.5 years, called the Reign of the Antichrist, aka, the Great Tribulations, aka, The Great Chastisement. This 3.5 year reign of the Antichrist will be preceeded by a Warning, a "mini-Judgement" to bring people back to God.

The antichrist, Maitreya, it is predicted, will make his public debut and "Day of Declaration" around the same time as The Warning. (For more info, look up the Prophecies at Garabandal). You should know that a LOT of Catholic visionaries are saying that The Warning will happen in 2004 or 2005.

In light of all of this ... I see Sun Yun Moon's announcement to be very suspicious. Could he be the antichrist? Maybe. Or he could be a false antichrist, someone that Maitreya can denounce. Or maybe he is Maitreya. Or maybe hes just insane. We'll see.

Later!

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Two very interesting posts (in fact, interesting enough to get me to stop lurking and register!
).

Sun Yun Moon certainly does think he's someone special -- though I'm not convinced it's anything more than a big ego trip. Anything is possible, of course, and I'll keep an eye on what he does.

As for Maitreya, holy cow! Now that's what I call Antichrist material! (To make myself clear, I capitalize it to signify the Antichrist as opposed to regular false Christs / antichrists, as these men already are.) I'm shocked that I've never heard of the man. I found a picture for the curious:

I found quite a few sites that explore Maitreya as the Antichrist with a quick Google (search for 'maitreya antichrist'), and they're not all Catholic either (which I'm not -- I'm a Bible-based Christian, meaning I base my beliefs on that rather than a particular Christian religion or sect.)

TheLittleGrape, thanks for the heads-up on Maitreya. Just one look at the Share International site raised some big warning flags. It looks like he's already positioning himself as a messiah for the humanistic religion -- he claims to be Christ, the Jewish Messiah, a Buddha (Maitreya is the name of the the Buddha of the future), and Krishna. If he can assume an islamic identity he'd have a pretty full set. And he's right up the New Ager's alley. He appeals to the non-religious also. According to his site:

He is here to inspire us to create a new era based on sharing and justice, so that all may have the basic necessities of life: food, shelter, health care, and education.

Now who wouldn't want that? Anyone that wants to harmonize the world must be good, right?

To TheLittleGrape again, I am very much into eschatological (End Times) studies, although as I mentioned previously, I am not into catholicism and do not put much energy into studying Catholic prophecy and the like. Although, I am very impressed with what you've written. I disagree a bit with what you've mentioned, but you still have a much larger prophecy-related vocabulary than most people I know.

I believe that the entire 70th week is yet to come. Why? We are in now what is the "Age of the Gentiles," or the time of the Christian Church, a sort of parenthetical time in the midst of God's dealing with Israel (I view Daniel's 70 weeks as concerning Israel and Israel only). Now, once the Age of Gentiles completes with the Rapture (I believe in a pre-Trib rapture too), which also means the influence of the Holy Spirit is no longer there (as the Church is gone -- every believer has an indwelling of the HS), the Antichrist is free to appear and deceive the nations (though not necessarily immediately following the Rapture). The 70th week will start exactly when he offers a peace pact with Israel and allows her to rebuild to Temple. A "times, time and half a time" later (3.5) years later, after remarkable peace and fluffy-huggy happiness, he will enter the Holy of Holies and proclaim himself as God (this is called the "abomination that causes desecration"), thus royally pissing off the real God and ushering in the Great Tribulation. I'll stop here since I don't feel much like paraphrasing the entire book of Revelation (sorry for the long post, by the way). If you'd like to discuss things further, I'd love to, as I haven't found many people with similar passions as mine. Feel free to u2u or whatever.

Finally, and on a lighter note: Can Sun Moon and Maitreya be the same person? Well maybe, since you never see them in the same picture together, right?
. (Sorry, lame joke I learned in grade school)

[edit on 6/24/2004 by Tanin]

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 06:41 AM
link   
i think he is the RAM. the goat will come later and destroy him (and probably america/ brit with it). this will be the scar on the beast. the goat horn will then collapse into 4 powers, with 1 power becomming the next nwo.

daniel 8

gadflyer.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Many will come in GOd's name and claim to be the savior, not just the anti-christ.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   
How about: "Just another nut cult leader who's starting his own religion." It may not survive the deaths of Moon and his wife.

To those of us who don't believe in Revelation (there are lots, including Christians), there's no such thing as the AntiChrist. "Pin the tail on the AC" has been a popular game throughout the ages and it keeps on going (and going and going) because the sky never opens and whomever never rushes out of it.

Revelation was a very controversial book, and not all of the people creating the Bible (because it is a created book. It didn't just show up one day, delivered by aliens or whomever. It was created in conferences over the course of a hundred years or so) agreed that it should be in there. Some thought it was blasphemous lunatic ravings.

Moon's organization is very cultic, yes. However, he's not the AC (if you must get technical, he doesn't match the qualifications in Revelation.)

And the Bible isn't the only source of truth, people.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
first off is this sun charachter related to sun tzu sun jian sun qaun sun ce and sun shang xiang.
Now maitreya is thought by some to be a genetic experiment by the goverment, in asia they are building a big statue of him, and he has a character he carries around named benjamin creme who is said to be with the illuminati and the OTO. my thoughts on maitreya and his whore creme. those men are evil personified.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Moon is a fruitloop, an ex-con (tax evader) and a green card-carrying traitor to the USA. He was busy covertly wheelin' and deelin' with North Korea back in the 90's, beefin' up the diktator's greenback supply. He should be expelled from our country, at least.

And to think I used to read his Washington Times!

Is he the anti-Christ? He wishes!

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Thank you for all of your responses thus far. We seem to have quite a few opinions on this. All except one, that Sun Myung Moon is the Messiah. So if he is the Anti-Christ, he seems to have a long way to go to convince the people that he is the Messiah. On the other hand, I don't consider people on this board to be the sheeple. So I wonder how many non informed sheep would follow him?

The Little Grape, when I posted about this last time, the Maitreya was brought up as well. I had never heard of him beforehand. After doing some reading, I came to the same conclusion as you have stated here. I do think that it is possible that Sun Myung Moon and the Maitreya could be the same person. Like you said, we'll see. Interesting none the less. Thank you for bringing this up. It's good to know, I'm not the only one that sees the possibility.

East Coast Kid, what you stated in your post, is why this is so puzzling for myself. If you do a search on Sung Myung Moon, there is alot of information on Moon, and his anti-American stance. He is far from a supporter of the United States. So why would they allow an event like this take place in the Dirksen Senate Office Building, with several law makers in attendance? I don't get it. I view Moon as an enemy of the United States as well, so this just doesn't make sense to me. For someone that has made many statements against the United States, he sure seems to have alot of influence with the powers that be. Why? Are our leaders as mis-informed as the rest of the sheeple or what?

Tom

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Byrd, if some Christians do not believe in Revelations, then that means they don't believe in the Second Coming of Christ, and the arrival of the Kingdom of God... so that kinda rules them out for being real Christians, instead of people who CLAIM to be.

As for Moon, it`s true that the guy does`nt have much of credibility or reputation worldwide, but let`s not underestimate him! The guy has billions into his bank account, is owning or support over 1000 organisations of many kinds and many positions all over the world and -as it is more commonly known- is the owner of a major US newspaper, the Washington Times. He also has proven ties with the Bush family and is extremely influent over Christian fundamentalist organisations in the US (many of these being under his control or property).

He's nothing less than the wealthiest, most influencial, cult leader or guru the world has ever known! Think of any other cult leader that got this big on the financial and political level... there are none.

I don't really know what kind of political event would draw him to make a big public appearance and dupe millions of people to his "kingdom"... we'll have to wait. I'm not telling he`s the real AC, but if you pay attention to each detail of his background, he's hands down the Bizarro Christ!!!

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 03:22 AM
link   
how many different contenders are there for the anti-christ...let's see...

maitreya
sun myung moon
prince charles
prince harry

any other takers? c'mon, round one has yet to start and we need more heat to get the bets going
!

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I'm sorry to veer off the subject a wee bit, but I just have to say this. I have studied Maitreya a lot.

The Catholic Visionaries say that we are not even to look upon the face of Maitreya. I already have though. I was curious. LOL Sorta like Eve, eh.

Anyway, there's something supernatural about Maitreya, which separates him from all the false prophets out there.

You might want to do an internet search on Maitreya+Eastwood. See what you come up with. This really brave, albeit somewhat foolish, Christian guy named "Eastwood" went to one of Benjamin Creme's lectures on Maitreya. (There's been a big lecture series). Benjamin Creme think's he's a modern-day John the Baptist. He's Maitreya's forerunner.

Anyway, Eastwood attended one of Creme's lectures a year or two ago. I think Eastwook is non-denominational, but he had lots of people from all denominations praying for him as he went.

Eastwood said that Benjamin Creme and Maitreya are opposed to all fundamentalists, especially fundamentalist (orthodox) Catholics. (That is, people just like me! LOL) Creme also doesn't like fundamentalist non-Catholics. People like us are "dangerous" to the unity of Mankind.

Also, at the end of the lecture, Eastwood said that Creme dimmed the lights of the room and looked at each one of them. When Creme looked into Eastwood's eyes, Eastwood said that Creme glowed, and turned a golden color. Eastwood also said that he felt some sort of energy coming from Creme. Eastwood said that the only thing that saved him was his mental prayer of "Jesus Christ is Lord."

Also, Maitreya can channel his messages through people, and can bilocate. There is something very scary about Maitreya.

Catholic Visionaries say that Maitreya will, at or around the time preceeding "The Warning" (of Garabandal), make his appearance on TV. He will have powers of hypnosis. My advice to all of you is not be tempted to look upon his face when he makes his public appearance at the upcoming "Day of Declaration."

The Day of Declaration is when all of Creme/Maitreya's followers come out of the closet and "declare" themselves to the Maitreya. There are a lot of closet followers out there, I suspect.

I talked to some of my Catholic buddies about whether Moon could be Maitreya, and they all said no. They say Moon is probably a false antichrist ... someone that Maitreya can point to as being the antichrist, when Maitreya really is the antichrist.

I know this all sounds like a bad sci-fi story. But it's true.

I believe the only thing blocking the rise of Maitreya is H.H. Pope John Paul II. Why? It gets even better ....

It is said that Maitreya will place his own person/agent upon the Seat of Peter. It is prophecied the next Pope will be an antipope. It is prophecied, by Garabandal, that H.H. Pope John Paul II will be the last pope of this era. It is said one more pope is to come: Peter II, Petrus Romanus. A really great pope. But in-between John Paul and Peter II (The last pope) will be an antipope that will aid the antichrist.

So ... we'll see. The prophecies of Garabandal must play out in H.H. John Paul II's lifetime. John Paul will be alive to see The Warning, and (I think) he'll be alive for The Great Miracle, to take place in the Pines of Garabandal.

Gosh ... what else? The OLD prophecies of the saints say that the real antichrist will "preach from the air" and will make the images and statues depicting Our Lord to "speak blasphemies." He will work wonders and miracles. He will make the dead rise. (The antichrist will raise people from the dead, but the "dead" will not be incarnated with human souls, but with demons from Hell). The antichrist will be declared "the little horn" and the "messiah" by Israel. He will come upon the scene suddenly. He will hypnotize people via Television. The Reign of the Antichrist, according to ALL the prophecies of the Saints will be 3.5 years, "lest those days be shortened." In the final days, the antichrist will try to ascend into heaven ... a mock Ascension. At that time the Archangel, St. Michael, with the power of God, will strike down the Antichrist and the False Prophet (the antipope) and will cast them into Hell via a big bolt of lightening. Upon being stuck by a lightning bolt sent by God, the antichrist will let out a big smell so repugnant that it will reveal his true identity.

After this, the Lord returns into the Eucharist in a new way. This ushers in the "Reign of the Eucharistic Child Jesus," or "The Era of Peace," or "The Second Coming." Catholics don't believe Jesus will return in his physical body, but he will return in a different form. We're all still unclear as to what this is gonna entail. I theorize that the Eucharist will glow with radiant light from heaven after the host is consecrated, and that those recieving it will recieve "super grace." My own theory though. This "super grace" will give us the ability to directly communicate with Our Lord. Again, my theory. That is to say, Jesus will remain "seated at the Right hand of the father" instead of coming down to walk amongst us literally.

He comes down literally later on ... on the Day of Judgement. (Third Coming of Jesus?)

Anyhow, I think Maitreya fits the description of the antichrist bibilically and from the prophecies of current and past Catholic Visionaries. Oh, it's also prophecied that the antichrist will die at age 55. Maitreya is about 39 or 40 right now. Moon is older. And who knows when "The Warning" really is. Also, prayer can change and tweak the timeline a bit, too.

When Pope John Paul II flees Rome, due to some sort of "revolution" that begins in France and spreads to Italy, then you know that the time is near.

And then again ... who knows. Maybe Moon is the real antichrist and Maitreya is the false antichrist. Satan is clever. We need to pray and be vigiliant.

[edit on 25-6-2004 by TheLittleGrape]

[edit on 25-6-2004 by TheLittleGrape]

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   
quote" To those of us who don't believe in Revelation (there are lots, including Christians), there's no such thing as the AntiChrist. "Pin the tail on the AC" has been a popular game throughout the ages and it keeps on going (and going and going) because the sky never opens and whomever never rushes out of it.

Revelation was a very controversial book, and not all of the people creating the Bible (because it is a created book. It didn't just show up one day, delivered by aliens or whomever. It was created in conferences over the course of a hundred years or so) agreed that it should be in there. Some thought it was blasphemous lunatic ravings."

Uh ... this isn't true. You've been misinformed. The Book of Revelations (a.k.a. Book of the Apocalypse) was written by St. John (the Apostle) when he was imprisoned on the island of Patmos. It was delivered to the Christian religious authorities in form of a letter during St. John's lifetime. It was NOT, I repeat, NOT written in Councils.

Jesus Christ himself said that there would be "antichrists." Personally, I see the Book of Revelations as being the Word of God. Period.

Think of it this way. Everything in God's universe is balanced. Just as there is a Father, a Son, and a Holy Spirit (the Triune God), there is also a "Father, Son, and Evil or False Spirit." The Evil Father is Satan. The Evil Son is the Antichrist. The False or Evil spirit is Satan's lies that are opposed to the love of God.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 07:45 AM
link   
does this guy have submarines? and has anyone heard about him selling them to N. Korea.
I read this on another message board and was just wonder weather or not it was true.
and well, if it is, and the post I read is right, that their nuclear power involved...just what is he doing with nuclear subs??
selling them N. Korea?
and, why haven't we've heard about his arrest yet...
that is of course, if this is true?

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I don't think Moon or Maitreya are the anti-christ. Just because someone fits the description of the antichrist does not mean they actually are. Byrd is right, for hundreds of years many religous zealots and theologans have played "Pin the tail on the antichrist" and this doesn't seem to be any different. I personally think the antichrist will be the person we suspect the least. Satan is a deciever, doing things slowly and subtly.

I also think denomonational phrophecy should NOT be taken as true prophecy as its not in the bible. Full stop. Religous dogma can be quite dangerous and can totally contradict the bible (eg. some catholic beliefs).

Anyway, I don't think that the antichrist will reign in our lifetimes. People in every single time period (after Jesus) have said "Jesus will return soon!", and you know what, they were all wrong. Just because some things tend to indicate Christ's return doesn't mean he will come when we think he will. But, timings all up to God.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLittleGrape
quote" To those of us who don't believe in Revelation (there are lots, including Christians), there's no such thing as the AntiChrist. "Pin the tail on the AC" has been a popular game throughout the ages and it keeps on going (and going and going) because the sky never opens and whomever never rushes out of it.

Revelation was a very controversial book, and not all of the people creating the Bible (because it is a created book. It didn't just show up one day, delivered by aliens or whomever. It was created in conferences over the course of a hundred years or so) agreed that it should be in there. Some thought it was blasphemous lunatic ravings."

Uh ... this isn't true. You've been misinformed. The Book of Revelations (a.k.a. Book of the Apocalypse) was written by St. John (the Apostle) when he was imprisoned on the island of Patmos. It was delivered to the Christian religious authorities in form of a letter during St. John's lifetime. It was NOT, I repeat, NOT written in Councils.

Jesus Christ himself said that there would be "antichrists." Personally, I see the Book of Revelations as being the Word of God. Period.

I think a closer look needs to be taken at this. All my study shows that the book was written by John. Not the St. John, but another, just some guy known as John. It's commonly stated that revelations was written some time after the slaughter of the Jews and the destruction of the Temple in Jerusalem. which is something around 100AD? (not sure). Scholars also relate Ceasar and 666, something numerical about, If I remember correctly.

Now, that being said, I was raised in a very fundamentalist church (Now an active Presbyterian) and I was SCARED TO DEATH of the book of Revelations. The rational side of me now sees it more of a portent of the end of days in the Vein of Ragrarok, rather than Biblical fact (opps....oxymoronic wordplay).

Not to denegrate anyone's belief, but I;m pretty sure Revelations was NOT written by St. John.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLittleGrape

I think a closer look needs to be taken at this. All my study shows that the book was written by John. Not the St. John, but another, just some guy known as John. It's commonly stated that revelations was written some time after the slaughter of the Jews and the destruction of the Temple in Jerusalem. which is something around 100AD? (not sure). Scholars also relate Ceasar and 666, something numerical about, If I remember correctly.

Now, that being said, I was raised in a very fundamentalist church (Now an active Presbyterian) and I was SCARED TO DEATH of the book of Revelations. The rational side of me now sees it more of a portent of the end of days in the Vein of Ragrarok, rather than Biblical fact (opps....oxymoronic wordplay).

Not to denegrate anyone's belief, but I;m pretty sure Revelations was NOT written by St. John.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 07:39 AM
link   
www.prince.org...
Neil Bush brother of president George W. Bush on tour with Rev.Moon.

There are other website links connected to the one above about Rev.Moon claiming to be the Messiah.

Rev.Moon is not the anti-christ because the anti-christ energy is a negative destructive energy that posseses a person to control the population with force,war,violence this anti-christ energy entered Hitler,Stalin and similiar people,the CHRIST-ENERGY enters people to control society in a positive constructive way,this is the main energy that America has been controled by.

www.shareintl.org... type in this search box,anti-christ energy.

www.euro-tongil.org... prophecies about the reappearance of the Christ.

[edit on 19-4-2006 by Gordon2006]

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Another wannabe.

Thats all. He's just nuts. For one thing, i dont think the antichrist will announce to the world that he is here to save us.

He will perform miracles and sweetalk people into following him, from what i've heard.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
It seems every so often the world will end,I remember back in the 70's ,world will in in 1984 so all this talk I take with a grain of salt,and as far as the Maiyatra is concerned,has anyone actually verified he can transport himself from place to place?,sounds just like all the others Most people believe what they hear and should have some verification before jumping to conclusions,who is to say he doesn't have a twin,I'm very sceptical of prophets and Anthropologists,my best friend is a Anthro professor,and I dated one,they all work off speculation,when there is no guideline rules you can make your own up

top topics

<<   2 >>

join