It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amusing Story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I found this story amusing. This lady sleepwalks but somehow, it seems, she sleep drove and then walked and got stranded in a swamp???

MOULTONBOROUGH, N.H. — A 60-year-old New Hampshire woman who was found by police in a heavily wooded swamp on Tuesday said her ordeal began over the weekend and said her history of sleepwalking might explain it.

Ellin Vincenti of Tuftonboro told WMUR-TV on Wednesday that she remembers saying goodnight to her husband Saturday and said she woke up Sunday to find herself alone in her Jeep, parked on a wooded path in the nearby town of Moutonborough. She said she started walking and ended up on a small piece of land surrounded by the swamp.

Vincenti told the TV station she spent two nights there, occasionally yelling for help until nearby resident Beverly Willey heard the yells and called police.

It wasn't clear from the interview why Vincenti's husband didn't report her absence Sunday.

Story

And then her husband, on top of it all, didn't even report that his wife was missing. I was thinking, maybe he thought God was doing him a favor lol just kidding. Just thought it was a weird/amusing story.

edit on 9/24/2010 by PennKen2009 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Whenever I come across stories like this I automatically wonder if the person involved uses any of the modern sleep aids, such as Ambien or Lunesta.

I used to take Ambien, for awhile, until I woke up one morning with my ear cut in half and subsequently found, from the woman I was married to at the time, that I would take my sleep aid and stay awake for hours afterwards, acting like an idiot most of the time.

I never had any recollection of any of it.

A woman locally, here in Georgia, drove through her dentists office a few hours after having taken an Ambien - along with many more documented cases of this form of chemically induced somnambulism.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Okay I can go along with sleep walking but sleep driving!! How in the world could a person be asleep and drive - well actally she didn't drive very well if she ended up in the swamp. I wonder how much study has actually been done on sleeping walking/and or driving?

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I have heard Ambien has some side effects - your experience was not good. I take a sleep aid once and a while - 1/2 a dose and have never done anything other than sleep that I know of.

:

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
It probably affects different people differently. I know a few people that take it, they've never seen any neon butterfly but they sleep ok with it and don't do anything idiotic.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by PennKen2009
It probably affects different people differently. I know a few people that take it, they've never seen any neon butterfly but they sleep ok with it and don't do anything idiotic.

Yeah. The side effects aren't universal. Here is a link with some info. There are also several other possible explanations for the woman in the OP, including neurological and psychological causes to boot. An episode of some form of dementia comes to mind.

BTW... Love the GIR avatar!

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
My friend's mother had a UPS box delivered to her door, full of lingerie-- $500 worth, charged to her credit card. There were many duplicate items, such as 6 camisoles in the same color and style. And there was stuff she would never choose to order. She was livid. She called the company about this mistake they had made. They allowed her to return everything for a full refund. A couple of days later, when she was vacuuming, she found a mail order magazine under the bed with items circled on various pages-- the very items that had been in the UPS box. She stopped taking the Ambien right then and there, LOL!

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Or maybe......ALIENS CAME AND DROVE HER IN HER JEEP TO THE SWAMPS OMGOMGOMG

yes, I do believe in aliens but this would be highly far fetched in my opinion lol just thought I'd throw it in because you know there's someone out there that's saying "ET!!!"

top topics

join