It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello I'm old but new lol

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Hi I signed up like years ago but never really posted so here I am anyhow I am trying to find out the final word on the Shuttle Program will it end this year or has it been extended a year, anyone know? I searched online but can't find a definitive answer only can find that it's Discovery's last flight.
Thanks

edit on 24-9-2010 by secretwise because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by secretwise
Hi I signed up like years ago but never really posted so here I am anyhow I am trying to find out the final word on the Shuttle Program will it end this year or has it been extended a year, anyone know? I searched online but can't find a definitive answer only can find that it's Discovery's last flight.
Thanks

edit on 24-9-2010 by secretwise because: (no reason given)

I have no idea, but wanted to say Crikey you are not joking - you're the lurker from madness!!

I'd say welcome and enjoy, but you're the cushion we've all been sitting on.. erm, in a way..

Cheers!!

(Hope someone else can answer your question tho!!)

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Well thanks mate, are you from down under?

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Explanation: Flagged!

Personal Disclosure: Welcome! 6yrs lurking! OMG! I dub thee the Lurk-King!

P.S. I'll see what I can find out about the shuttle OK!
reply to this post [top right button on this post] and that'll be another post towards your mandatory 20 posts [before you can post your own thread].

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Hi Secretwise welcome on ATS

i have a thread in my signature below concerning shuttles and astronauts
you might like it and maybe you will have your answer in it

good luck my friend

edit on 9/24/2010 by Ben81 because: flaggued

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Whoa, the 20 post rule shouldn't apply to members who have been here for 7 years. I think it's safe to say that you aren't a spammer
. As for the shuttle program, I believe it has been shelved... for good. I have not heard anything to the contrary as of late.

--airspoon

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by secretwise

Welcome aboard, nice to have you back.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Thanks for all the replies, yep just a lurker I guess I didn't realize I joined 7 years ago, wow., always reading what you all have to say, yeah I wanted to post to the Space forum but that old 20 year rule oops I meant 20 post rule prohibited me, so the STS program will be shelved for good then? Because as of July 1st on space.com NASA Delays Space Shuttle Program's End to 2011 they said that they decided to extend it for another year, then I recently read can't remember where that 3 more missions and it's done. Of course there is a reasons I am asking and it has to do with the Kill Shot Ed dames talks about, So here goes, if his remote viewing session of a massive ejecta hitting the earth is right and if it does happen during an STS mission or as he said NASA would say it was a "meteor storm" that forced it to be sent back, wouldn't that mean if the program ends this year that is would most likely have to happen during the next several missions? Assuming he is right after all once the programs ends there would be no shuttles to be placed in jeopardy to send back to earth. So assuming he is wrong wouldn't that once and for all kill any credibility he has and put to an end any speculation? Seems to me if the program is ending soon, we will have the answer to that question. Anyone else considered this? I wanted to add that NASA themselves are very concerned and they aired a show on History Channel about such a possible event, so I don't doubt the validity of the prediction.
Thanks

edit on 25-9-2010 by secretwise because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by secretwise

Stay golden Pony-boy, stay golden.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I'm in the same boat as far as being a lurker, but not nearly as long as you. How did you start your own thread with less than 20 posts? I'm trying to get their so I can make a thread of my own.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Crikey you joined up on my 40th birthday. That was centuries ago.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
the only reason for the "extension" was because the civilian commercialization of space launch has not been as spectacular as both the past & present Administrations had hoped.

the USA will still be relying on the Russians for supplying the spacestation regularly

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$4

Come on... be honest, your 18 total post began in April 2004, but since then you have started 2 Threads

i see this Screen-personna as an adjunct to your better known other account that is that of a mod or something with ATS.
what other reason could there be for being allowed to author 2 threads,
when the rules require that yo make 20 posts before a thread can be authored, published....

with so many mods on ATS, i couldn't begin to guess who you really are.

my guess for the 'abovetopsecret' author was one the 'Vallhala'--'Valhall' or something similar...
(last visit 12 Sept 2010- 'Valhall' )
this author also had an account with the nome de plume aka: "Fisherman" for about a dozen posts i came across & read
~welcome to the conspiracy cave filled with cobwebs & other snares~

edit on 25-9-2010 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
LOL I have no idea what posts you guys are referring to, if you want to believe that I'm a mod or former operative go ahead no worries, I think part of the reason I hardly posted is that I have gotten a lot of grief on other forums of being a troll and I don't really like to spend too much time debating in forums anyhow, life is just too short lol. Anyhow that's the second post now that says "Crikey" are there a lot of Aussies on here? As far as the extension I wasn't saying they did it to delay the CME I was saying that if the program was nearing it's end then the CME could be near given the parameters of the prediction. I still would like a definitive source on whether or not the program will continue or not. Ok now I see the posts I posted years ago, could it be that they were posted before the 20 post rule went into effect? Just a thought, or then again I could just be one of them LOL
Thanks

new topics

top topics

join