It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad Puts 9/11 Conspiracy Theorists At Risk

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Today I read in the Chicago Sun-Times that Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, had made quite an upset at the U.N. Claiming that the United States staged the 9/11 attacks, paid a terrorist group to commit the horrible act, or that the U.S. government was infiltrated by a terrorist cell at the highest levels. The U.S. delegation got up and left during Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's speech. Later I began to think to myself, he maybe putting the 9/11 conspiracy theorists at risk. One thought going through my mind was about the U.S. gov. treating 9/11 conspiracy theorists as terrorist, or Iranian sympathizers. I could easily see our government cracking down on anyone who isn't complying with the mainstream. This scares me. I kind of wish the Iranian president didn't make those remarks, or that the U.S. delegation should have listened to his whole speech and made a come back. What do you guys think about this?

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
They already treat us like crazy, uneducated, delusional, unpatriotic lunatics. i dont think adding terrorist to that list is going to set the 9/11 movement back any further. i think the fact that the american delegates stormed out as soon as he started talking on the subject, and made such defensive comments about his speech adds a little bit of searing truth the the entire theory actually. and im not sure if you noticed, but there were some countries who applauded him as he left the podium. im glad he was clear in pointing out the different theories on 9/11 and i hope to see more world leaders follow that trend, hopefully even some that arent islamic extremists.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Ya I think that guy who shot up the pentagon and that fruitloop who shot those cops in Pgh made us into wackjobs already..

Also I dont think The Iran President didnt do anything bad.. besides there are other governments looking into the events of 9/11 anyway so him stating it makes not much difference anyway..

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
How can it get any worse?

They call them twoofers already.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I disagree that Mahmoud's speech puts conspiracy theorists at risk. Any highschool physics student can figure out that the buildings came down at virtual freefall speed. Those in denial will only get it when they are living in communal apts. under a totalitarian gov't.
Mahmoud has an intelligence apparatus that is far superior to Fox news where most of us get our intelligence or lack thereof. He is no dummy having a phd in engineering and not crazy or unpopular as MSM would want you to believe. I think his words add credibility to the truth movement's claims. Since Americans are the only people in the world that believe their own propaganda, the percentage that believe 9-11 was an inside job is higher in other countries.
I would even go further than this and state that what was most telling was the fact the US delegation walked out and nobody else did. These are all paid flunkeys that must walk the walk. It shows that they are out of touch with the public they aparently stand for. It is ironic that Bill Clinton would feign outrageous indignation when truthers screamed it was an inside job at one of his speeches. 911 did not happen under his watch so why would he appear offended unless he is part of the elite that pulled it off.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MoreFunky85

I think he certainly is putting conspiracy theorists at risk.
Eventually it becomes guilt through association. I recall that in South Africa during the Cold War (before the early 1990s) it was very hard to say one is an atheist. That was immediately conflated with being a communist and a traitor.
Now we have a new stand-off growing in the world, and conspiracy theory is becoming an increasingly crucial part of it. Perhaps one day we'll have McCarthyism for conspiracy theorists.

I think it's all a part of the manipulation. If the next terror attack has more blatant links to mind-controlled Al-Qaeda operatives than what we've had, 9/11 skeptics will look like idiotic traitors with eggs on their faces.
They won't be regarded as skeptics, but as terrorist sympathisers. The sheeple think in broad generalisations.

This idiot (or operative, more likely) is drawing boundaries and he's swept conspsiracy theorists into his side, whether they like it or not.
A very effective strategy to silence us.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I think the walking out was both childish and stupid,Ahmadinajad did not state that he personally believes 9-11 was an inside job,all he did was list the three most common theories on the event and suggest an independant investigation be held.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
At this point, all I wish to say is BRING IT ON! No matter how much they try and demonize the opposition, it only makes the opposition grow stronger, not to mention it gives them a poor conception of the opposition. As Sun Tzu says:

If he is secure at all points, be prepared for him.
If he is in superior strength, evade him.

What did the US delegates do? They evaded him.

The US administration is gobbling up their own propaganda, in thinking that 9/11 conspiracy theorists are wacky, crazy, uneducated, irrational, all it is doing is misconceiving their enemy, so that they will underestimate him. They think they are winning by ignoring Ahmadinejad, but in doing so, they only give him more room to speak his mind. As we all know from forums at ATS, if the argument was only one sided, the argument might end. But because people argue both sides of the 9/11 debate, there is less of a chance one side may appear superior. The 9/11 truth movement is actively talking about 9/11, whereas the government tried to stop the debate after the Popular Mechanics article many years ago, and the most recent NIST report on building 7 was just plain embarrassing. Even now, they have people debating 9/11 truthers on the radio, and it is giving the official story more credibility (for some die hard statists), but ignoring the debate will only allow the truthers to grow stronger.

Edit: After reviewing some of Sun Tzu's Art of War, I found another great line that fits the present day:

"There is no instance of a country having benefited
from prolonged warfare."

edit on 24-9-2010 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeanius

I always think mental retardation when I hear that word. The person who created the word must of been that.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

The only risk we truthers have is the Osers will make more of a dramatic push to make us truthers look bad. Think of that 911 "truther" shooter incident and think of a mass scale. As I have stated in the past our government think anybody but them are expendable.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53

Originally posted by Jeanius

I always think mental retardation when I hear that word. The person who created the word must of been that.

I agree.

Now instead of conspiracy nuts, we are twoofers, birthers, and tea partiers.

No more denying there's a cover-up or disputing facts, it's time to get on the attack.

Just like when someone questions israel, ignore facts and call the person names.

new topics

top topics

join