It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DON"T LET THE LIE CONTINUE! Know the truth, Chocolate is GOOD for you!!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Remember als, chocolate comes from beans...beans are a vegetable...eat your vegetables...but seriously

- Chocolate is rich in flavonoids, which have been shown to increase blood circulation. One study even demonstrated that eating chocolate could improve brain function, possibly due to improved blood flow to the brain.

- The flavonoids in chocolate also have powerful antioxidant properties that may offer protection against degenerative diseases. Studies have shown that high levels of flavonoids in the blood are associated with a lower risk of heart disease, type 2 diabetes, asthma and certain types of cancer.

- Some research indicates that chocolate can increase good cholesterol and prevent bad cholesterol from oxidizing. Since oxidized cholesterol is linked to heart disease, you can bet your heart loves chocolate as much as your taste buds do!

- Another study found that people eating a small amount of dark chocolate on a daily basis had lower levels of a protein associated with inflammation. Other studies demonstrate that chocolate may reduce the occurrence of blood clots and can lower blood pressure. This adds up to a lower risk of stroke.

Free yourself from the powers that be...Go Eat Some Good Chocolate!!!

_javascript:icon('
')

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Chocolate doesn't taste like chocolate unless it's loaded with sugar.

There is no way I can eat straight chocolate without sugar. So this could be a problem.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
mmmm sugar.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
also onions fall under the same thing.

i cant stand american sugar chocolate.

personally i eat choc from around the world.

if you cant stand the taste take it like a pill.

you dont ave to taste it if you dont want.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciferxe

if you cant stand the taste take it like a pill.

you dont ave to taste it if you dont want.

Then what's the point? Might as well eat broccoli.

my second line

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I have heard these good things about chocolate years ago but always good to bring it up for discussion again OP, thank you. I have heard it is better to buy better quality chocolate and with as little sugar as necessary for taste. Most people eat some kind of sweets so why not get something good for you with your sugar? I went to a little sea side chocolate shop in Oregon years ago and tried the cake with 3 types of chocolate. I live on the east coast now and I would make the trip just for another piece of that cake!

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by shoulda taken the blue pi

Shoulda taken the blue pi.....

I agree.....it's an interesting area!

Here's one of my threads from the Medical Forum wherein you might find some info that complements your discussion.

Chocolate Linked to Lower Stroke and Stroke Mortality Risk

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I don't understand why American chocolate is so bad either, I was quite surprised when I first ate it, It tastes nothing like British / European Chocolate. To me it tastes a little like sweetened sick.

I have read that it's because US chocolate is made from South American beans which are more acidic then the African ones used in Europe

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Lets be honest, most people are not going to stop eating sugar, so at least we have a balance here.
American Chocolate by the way is Satan's work. (Forgive me Hershey I still like your)
But Canadian Bernard Callebaut is so GOOD.
70% cocoa is the best

EAT FOR FREEDOM
my new slogan

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
For healthy hot cocoa, add stevia drops instead of mixing with sugar.
Its so good.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
and the stevia actually stop plaque from forming.
MAN thats a TWO birds with one stone kind of advice.
That deserves a flag!!!!

Wish I could send you one!

edit on 24-9-2010 by shoulda taken the blue pi because: Can't send what i wanted to

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Ohh I'm going to try that! I had never heard of stevia before

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Go easy with the stevia when you try it, it's about 400 times sweeter than sugar. I get the liquid form, and for a cup of cocoa, I use 5 or 6 drops only. In my tea, 2 drops if herbal, 3 or 4 if black. I don't like it in coffee though.
A small bottle lasts a long time.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Remember its not an all or nothing by the way, it helps if you don't like the straight taste, to add a bit of sugar to balance it off. That way you can cut this sugar and still enjoy.

Be sure to add milk and CHOCOLATE to your coffee (Mochachino)

mmmMMMMmmmmm Chocolate

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Every now and then some stupid importer tries bringing Hersheys into Australia.
I sympathise with the poster who called American chocolate sweetened sick.

I buy organic dark chocolate with orange oil. It's beautiful, and just a square leaves you satisfied.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Orange chocolate, mint chocolate, brandy chocolate...
sigh I could go on

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
The sugar isn't. I love pure cocoa, it is very good.. I think it's my favorite drug.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
lit or non lit?

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by juniperberry

Yeah that's the truth. It's the sugar that makes it sweet and unhealthy. Here you can buy almost pure choclate from pharmacist because it's so healthy. It tastes really horrible thought. My mom eats it all the time.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

Theres a little shop in central London that sells American and Japanese sweets and a few other oddities like Finnish things that are ALL Liquorice flavoured, they are mega expansive, but Green Tea flavoured KitKats are Yummy!

I don't want to derail the thread too much, but could someone from the US tell me what in the Hell a Twinkie is made off?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join