It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCI/TECH: Hypertrophic Child With Myostatin Mutation (Super Baby)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   
actually if his grandparents were in any way associated with the Nazi party there is a chance its the result of thier experiments

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
actually if his grandparents were in any way associated with the Nazi party there is a chance its the result of thier experiments

It's possible but unlikely, I'd say. Unless they were involved in experiments modifying latent genes back in the 30s and 40s, I don't see how this could be directly linked to Nazis.

I could be wrong, but I'd be inclined to believe that either the child's parents or grandparents would show the same trait, even to a lesser degree, if this were the case. While I don't think they've tested the rest of the family for any traces of a similar condition, I can't say for certain, as I don't have full information from the New England Journal of Medicine on this case.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
While I dont believe the Nazis were manipulating individual genes either I do know that both eugenics and selective breeding were huge parts of the Nazi "social science" As this is a naturally occuring mutation chances are its been expressed before. Perhaps his grandparents were part of a selective breeding program designed to spread this particular mutation throughout the "master race"

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I can see how it could be a possibility, even if they didn't understand the exact DNA they were breeding into the next generation, but there's no evidence of that yet. It wouldn't be surprising, but so far we have no evidence of that to go by, so I'm going to consider this as potentially a first-gen mutation in the child.

I say "yet" of course, because we haven't heard from Paul Harvey and "the rest of the story." In a few years when this kid is on all the talk shows juggling Benz buses, there might be a bigger story to come out, but for now, we can only go on the information we have.

Personally I'd prefer not to speculate until we know more about his family's actual past, rather than simply chalking it up to Nazi science gone awry. Not enough information so far. I'm sure that at some point we'll hear more about this kid.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join