It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: New Laser Technology For Treatment of BPH

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
ATS Team:

Further to my previous work in the Medical Forum regarding new medical technologies with which I am involved.....

Benign prostatic hyperplasia is a problem for many men.

Here is a video of a new laser technology that can address this problem, easily & quickly.

The video shows a new-technology laser system being used transurethrally…..which is the normal approach for this procedure.

Here is an animation of where it goes, how it works, etc…

Here is a video of the actual procedure…..

The new laser technology is a significant step forward because amongst other things…..

- It makes the procedure faster…..it takes less than half the time…..just several minutes

- It minimises bleeding

- It allows access to more “hard to get at” areas

Because it is also being used for prostate work, here is a link to my Nanoknife thread:

NanoKnife: Cancer Breakthrough Without Radiation or Drugs

I think it's just brilliant to see medical technology moving forward in such a positive manner!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

edit on 24-9-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Added link

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Now just don't tell them how they go about testing to see if you need this procedure!!!

I had the "test" a few months back and I still tend to curl up in a fetal ball, crying, if I think about it too much!

Having said that, knowing that there's a quick fix for the problem is great news!

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
Now just don't tell them how they go about testing to see if you need this procedure!!!
I had the "test" a few months back and I still tend to curl up in a fetal ball, crying, if I think about it too much!

Having said that, knowing that there's a quick fix for the problem is great news!

Hefficide.....

I just added a link to my NanoKnife thread, in case you are interested.

Regarding the test.....

There's a very new non-invasive way this can now be done by MRI.

However, there is still some argument between the top Dr's as to the effectiveness of it.....imagine what it's like when I take a couple of top medical professors out for dinner to argue & discuss this prostate stuff & they start demonstrating things with their beef carpaccio!

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

edit on 24-9-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Clarification

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

hi buddy
is this instrament connected to an endoscope or is this stand alone equipment
what causes the condition ?
it looked like the tip of the laser was steerable................?
does this damage the lining as it looked to be removed
s+f keeps the info coming
like the med tech i do

xploder

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I'm sold...where do I sign up for this treatment and is there anyway I can have MMN perform it on me or at lest supervise and/or document this operation with a HD digital cam?

Spooky vids man...the first one starts off promising a great ride, but then smacks you with horror and pain...classic technique in this genre, making it a classic off the bat.

The genitals look CGI though...I'm not an expert, but I think this is faked and possibly a hoax?

Thanks for attempting to make me smarter and healthier.

MM

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Thanks....now all I can think about is...Transurethra. That and catheters....

Cool technology, though!

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

If it wasn't for all the additives in our food for the last 40 years.

we wouldn't need this kind of technology to cure us guys...

None of us should even have this condition..but..

thanks for showing us the light....hehehe

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

If it wasn't for all the additives in our food for the last 40 years. we wouldn't need this kind of technology to cure us guys...

Badd.....you Bad!

Hey.....

I wasn't really aware of the food additive link to benign prostatic hyperplasia.

Feel free to provide any info or commentary.

Cheers mate
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Mr Mask.....

I'm not an expert, but I think this is faked and possibly a hoax?

I wish this whole prostate thing was a hoax! .....but unfortunately we're all gonna get a bit of that.....

Thanks for attempting to make me smarter and healthier.

You are always most welcome.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

well..you asked for it...

read here

read here

source to quote below

More recently, other environmental estrogens have been shown to be antiandrogenic in vitro (Sohoni and Sumpter, 1998). Studies examining androgenic activity have been hampered by the finding that the only human cell line to be androgen responsive (LNCaP prostate cells) has been found to express a mutated androgen receptor that exhibits altered ligand binding affinity and activation characteristics (Kokontis et al., 1991; Veldscholte, et al., 1992). Therefore, to investigate the intriguing possibility that environmental and food contaminants may be acting as antiandrogens, an androgen-responsive reporter gene assay was developed by cotransfecting human PC-3 androgen-insensitive prostatic carcinoma cells with a human wild-type androgen receptor cDNA expression vector and a MMTV-luciferase reporter construct.

edit on 24-9-2010 by baddmove because: spelling

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

XPLodER.....

is this instrament connected to an endoscope or is this stand alone equipment

It is used via a cystoscope.

Cystoscopes may be rigid:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/da17bbfd7655.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e41974c32173.jpg[/atsimg]

Or flexible:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6fbd26e61de4.jpg[/atsimg]

Here is a picture of the Evolve Twister laser fiber:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/060a998ec249.jpg[/atsimg]

what causes the condition ?

This is still being discussed.

Here’s some info for you:

www.andrologyaustralia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

it looked like the tip of the laser was steerable................?

I will check on that to make sure, however I didn’t think it was steerable other than to rotate the curved distal end of the laser fiber.

does this damage the lining as it looked to be removed

To quote from one of the patient information sheets:

A catheter may be placed in your bladder at the end of the procedure. In most cases, it will be removed within 24 to 48 hours. Most patients experience rapid relief of symptoms and a dramatic improvement in urine flow. This typically occurs within 24 hours of the procedure.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

Baddmove.....

Thanks for your info!

I shall have a look at that during the weekend.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

you bet my friend!!

and again..thanks for the info!

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Well I was going to watch the vids but I think it may cause my breakfast to prematurely vacate itself through my nose, thanks to Mr Mask's vivid commentary and all.

Glad to see all this new technology popping up now, II could be needing it in 20 years time and the less things being poked in and around there the better.

edit on 24/9/10 by Chadwickus because: (reason classified)

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Having any work done on your prostate is an affront to one's dignity. Two points, though...
1) You won't get a lot of sympathy from your spouse, given the stuff they have deal with as regards naughty bits.
2) I have heard a reluctance to go though prostate exams as being 'embarrassed to death'.

I went through the 'digital' exams, and the biopsy. Nobody bought me dinner after (well, the wife has a sense of humour, and she did), but they found my cancer and fixed it.

Notice Frank Zappa hasn't released much lately?

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
ATS Team:

This video shows how the procedure can be done as a painless "walk in -> walk out" office procedure.

Brilliant stuff!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Having any work done on your prostate is an affront to one's dignity. Two points, though...
1) You won't get a lot of sympathy from your spouse, given the stuff they have deal with as regards naughty bits.
2) I have heard a reluctance to go though prostate exams as being 'embarrassed to death'.

I went through the 'digital' exams, and the biopsy. Nobody bought me dinner after (well, the wife has a sense of humour, and she did), but they found my cancer and fixed it.

Notice Frank Zappa hasn't released much lately?

Fair enough...

But notice that I did say that I had the exam done! In fact I do so annually.

For me there is a level of "inside joke" humor involved. The very first time I had this test done, I was in my mid twenties. I had a few symptoms and used an Internet search to educate myself. Well, instead of coming to the logical and correct conclusion, that I had a minor UTI, the information superhighway, and my own stupidity, led me to believe I had BPH. (Self-diagnosis, especially with the Google is a fools errand)...

Anyway I went to the local clinic - which was covered by my insurance - a "Doc in the Box" affair, where you never actually saw the same doctor more than once. When it came time for my exam, in walked the most beautiful, blond female doctor I'd ever seen. She was gorgeous. And, well...

Now my sense of humor about this subject - as well as the tears and fetal ball statement, might make more sense!

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Hefficide.....

I like this aspect.....

- Cost of equipment for finger exam.....5 cents for rubber glove

- Cost of equipment for MRI exam.....$2M & counting!

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Yo Heffmeister Again.....

When it came time for my exam, in walked the most beautiful, blond female doctor I'd ever seen. She was gorgeous.

Do some Googling for "penile ultrasound examination for penile vascular incompetence"......you might notice the scanning has to be done with the "you know what" in a state of ....umm.....errr..... alertness!

I used to employ a couple of "lady technologists" who had to do that scanning.....

Those were some funny days!

Perhaps I should start a thread about it!

Cheers mate
Maybe...maybe not

edit on 24-9-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Clarification & spelling

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
ATS Team:

Here is a video wherein several urologists speak about this technology.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join