It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The official hand-over/non-hand-over of poor abused Saddam.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   
www.sky.com...

This focus of this article is the alleged physical abuse of Saddam while in custody. I found the last few paragraphs rather interesting.

"On Tuesday, it emerged that the US will hand legal custody of Saddam and a number of other former regime figures to the interim Iraqi government as soon as local courts issue warrants for their arrest and request the transfer.

But the US will retain physical custody of Saddam and the prisoners, while giving Iraqi prosecutors and defence lawyers access to them, a US official said. "

I assumed that legal, as well as physical, custody was going to be transfered.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   

The lawyer representing Saddam Hussein claims the former Iraqi dictator has been mistreated in US custody.

lawyer Muhammed al Rushadan, who has been retained by Saddam's family, said his client had wounds on his body.

"There are fresh wounds on his body," he said, citing a Red Cross document he claims to have.

Al Rushadan also released comments from Saddam that were taken from a letter to his family.

In the note, Saddam asked his family to "say hello to everyone".

The deposed Iraqi leader wrote in the heavily censored letter, "my spirit and my morale, they are high, thanks to greatness of God".

Aww...my heart is absolutely breaking in two. Saddam gassed the Kurds, tortured his own people and set up rape-camps in Kuwait. Now he has a few scratches?? Once again, pass me some kleenex.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 01:49 AM
link   
That picture of Saddam makes him look pretty pathetic..pass me the kleenex too.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 03:41 AM
link   
There was already a thread on this.

Anyway, I too find it odd that Saddam can't be handed over physically. It could be that there is something to hide concerning Saddam. Such as his wife exclaiming when she went to visit him in prison that the man held was not her husband. Body double? Dunno, but Saddam's wife seems to think so.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 03:44 AM
link   

poor abused Saddam.

I hope you are using irony. If you are not, then I don't know what to say to you. He's caused untold pain, death and misery.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Would anybody really trust handing him over to an "Iraqi" court? They are probably his old cronies!!He'll be free in 2 seconds. We need to keep him in US custody. By the way...did they ever do DNA to make sure he IS really Saddam?

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Yes...that was irony by the way. Not saying that it does not hurt to ask in light of public opinion.

Sorry, I did a couple of searches and did not find info on this posting. I must not have picked the correct terms.

I agree that saddam should not be handed over physically, or even legally. If this is the real saddam, that one of two things would happen. Either some morbid act would be used to execute him without due process, or he would be liberated by the upheaval in that country right now. Yes, I believe that execution may be an option, but not in the same brutal mannor that our citizens, as well as others, have been executed, and propagated lately.

And about the DNA evidence: How could an accurate sample of Saddam's actual DNA be located and trusted. If the media was correct that he cosmetically created as many as 12 body doubles, it would seem that he would have taken DNA into account. I would imagine that he has supplied and planted incorrect DNA under his name in the country.

top topics

join