It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Queen tried to get UK poverty fund to heat palace

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
You're using 60 year old actions of a Princess that were directed by her father (the King) to show that she cares?

She actually volunteered of her own accord. Her father wanted her doing different things, but she chose to be a grease monkey.

How about a more recent event - lets say, the death of the late Princess Diana. It took her nearly a week to go on television to speak to the nation, she didn't even return from vacation to address the concerns of the public, despite pleas from the public, the media, AND the Prime Minister, Tony Blair.

Personally (and this seems to be the opinion of many I speak too) I couldn't have given a rats arse about Diana and alot of the hype about the "Peoples Princess" has been the work of the media. It was sad for the boys to lose thei mother, but Diana has been blown way out of proportion since her death. Also, how many former mothers-in-law would cry over the death of an adulterous former daughter-in-law?

Besides, the Queen stayed at Balmoral with the boys to support them privately. You're having a pop because they didn't go public with the mourning for all to see? Sick bastard.

Tell you what, next time a family member of yours passes away, please post a thread about it complete with pictures of your mourning so we can all see how upset you are. Otherwise, we'll just have to assume you don't care...

This is a much more accurate description of how much the modern Queen of England cares for her people.

So because the Queen chose to try to keep some privacy in what was a terrible time for her Grandsons, you assume she doesn't care about people? Fuzzy logic you have there. People forget she is a Grandmother who dotes on her grandchildren.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

LOL, ... probably.

As I suspect you make for the perfect peasant, blinded by the illusion of royalty. If you want to believe something, its pretty easy to justify it.

In N. Korea the people are convinced Kim is a god.

Perspective is Reality.

We can still be friends can't we ??

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

Not blinded, just telling the facts as they are, rather than distorting things to fit an agenda.

Also, do you know what a peasant is?

I do find it ironic that we can be criticised for being fond of the Queen, but the personality cult that American Presidents generate and the blind patriotism they can conjur up is glossed over. Tens of thousands will run out, wave flags and sing the national anthem, fawn over the President and his every need taken care of, despite the fact that almost every US president there ever was enjoys far lower public support than the Queen does.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by digital_desire

Originally posted by truthmagnet
I - for one - will never bow down before any earthly king

I see you are from the u.s.a.

if you don't bow, how come you elected a president that bow? huh?

I don't think there IS a single American who would ever agree that the President should bow before ANY other ruler on the planet - but of course I didn't vote for Obama nor McCain as they were both already transparent NWO bootlickers to begin with.

Ron Paul FTW!

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by truthmagnet

Just the way you do not believe that theres a single American who ought to bow before the Queen (and I agree with you. The principles which organise your society forbid any defference to title, and you ought to stick by them), I dont think theres a single Briton who really believes that the Queen or anyone in the royal family gets to make choices about what they do, who they do it with, or where they get to do it, let alone controling any say in world affairs. They have NO power, they are a symbol of our history and heritage, and of our rapidly dissapearing culture. They provide a reminder of the values of loyalty and virtue which we used to hold so dear to us, just one generation ago, that have been eroded by the revolving carousel of mistrust and ill gotten gains, that our parliment has shown us over the last fifty years.
Us keeping these people as our reminders of our past also keeps fresh in our minds the sin of colonial Britain, when we bestrode the earth and taught those we met the real meaning of warfare, thus befouling most cultures that we came across. They are both a reminder of our virtues, and a stark warning about the sins of our past.
You see a group of wealthy Royalty with all the trappings of thier title, untroubled by the plight of those beneath them. I see the best dressed prisoners ever kept, with the largest and most beautifuly constructed jail ever devised around them.
In short, theres nothing wrong with Britain maintaining a little living history, infact it is important that we do, so that we do not forget that which made us great, and so that we never repeat what made us terrible, and the bane of the Earth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join