It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who the hell are you? I'm Mr. Dalton. Hullo!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Yes indeed, I am Mr. Dalton. It's good to see that denying ignorance isn't as uncommon as it would seem when going through the daily walk of life. Let me see.. interesting topic at hand.. who am I exactly? Hmmm.. well fortunately I'm not a member of an Irish gang, unfortunately I'm not John Dalton either.. and I also wasn't the main character of Roadhouse. Who I am is an outcast in most environments I walk into.. between my general quirkiness and serious exterior, you could say I'm not always the most attractive(magnetically only) person around other people. I ask questions that others have found strange, stupid and just plain mad, but I suppose that's how High School treats a kid who asks if the History they are being tested and graded on is accurate in and of itself. Speculating that things aren't as they seem, neither are they as dense as they feel. So, why do I keep going? To be the light in the darkness. To be a bright, but small example of denying ignorance, of questioning authority and information, of thinking outside of the box whether the class requires it or not. Ignorance is thick and dreary, but it has no actual substance.. truth and aspiration for truth does.

My endeavors cannot be derailed, they cannot be corrupted and they cannot be disrupted. I'm not out to be popular or well known, in fact I find that change can and usually is generated through the work of the unknown. I tell you this now to forewarn you incase there is any doubt in the future; I am here because I want to be, because I have something to give and to gain.. I am not here to make friends or become popular. If that is the side effect of my attendance here, then so be it, but it is not my motivation or drive.

Another interesting point to make is that I'm skeptical about my own beliefs, even more about others beliefs. One could say that my way is that of challenging. However, what should be kept in mind is that I'm also not the type to need a ton of substantial evidence to believe in something and I'm not the type of person who gets their kicks by disabling other peoples beliefs. My general philosophy is that of tolerance. If I don't believe what you believe, I don't care and neither will you hopefully. I don't throw information at people and make them take it, neither do I throw it back if it's thrown at me. I have a way of going about things and I'm sure you do as well. I will respect your way, hopefully you will respect mine as well.

Since this is getting a little long, I might as well cut it short before I tell you everything.. then what fun would there be!? The unknown, the mysterious, the things we don't know.. are very alluring and wonderful things indeed.. they make life like a puzzle. Some pieces are there.. they make sense.. and other pieces you just have to use your wits to figure out! I take comfort in the notion that I indeed know nothing more than that I know nothing.. For, the less that is known, the more there is to figure out! = D

Mr. Dalton

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I'm guessing you're British...English probably.

You use the 'Pre-telephone' vernacular 'Hullo', as opposed to 'Hello', which was an invented word specifically for use when answering a telephone.

Hullo, was the formal greeting and an exclamation of surprise or intrigue of old.

So, you are either a reasonably old person, which i doubt, or you are a relatively young person, with an interest in history. Since you mention 'High school', that would suggest the latter, but it's also an Americanism, although American and British terminology can be fairly interchangeable these days i guess (see what i mean).

Whatever the case, hullo to you too, and i hope you enjoy your time here Mr. Dalton.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
That's a good insight, makes a lot of sense. Brilliant in fact, very good... I'm a junior in High School, as well. Hmm, I'm also open to any other questions... but I can't guarantee I will answer it! =P

Mr. Dalton

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Ahoy hoy! Mr Dalton

I offer a multitude of felicitations unto you and hope that your stay here may be as fruitful as the Bramble bush in Vernal season.

Welcome!

new topics

top topics

join