It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get Robbed? = GO TO JAIL!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
and get punched in the face while having your dog shot for no reason.

ABC7 News reports:

Family members claim they called police for help Wednesday morning, but when officers arrived, they were treated like criminals and an officer shot and killed their family dog. It all unfolded in the 1100 block of Fiji Lane in Landover.

The problem started when owner Sterling Barlow’s brother pulled into the family driveway after work early Wednesday morning. The family claims two men immediately approached, armed with a gun and demanding his car. The brother managed to fight them off, ran into the house and came back out firing his gun.

“If somebody did that to your family you will retaliate the best way you know how,” said Barlow.

After a shootout with the alleged robbers, the two brothers called police. When police arrived, Barlow says things got out of hand with the officers and his innocent dog paid the tragic price.

Barlow said, “One grabs me in the head lock and starts punching me in the face.”

Clearly the problem was the man attempted to defend himself and his property on his own, instead of blinding submitting to the theives and then begging for police assistance after the fact.

Any attempt to defend yourself or your property is considered a heresy against the State. A crime for which you must be made to pay – with your dogs life.

Police are violent thugs who have no respect for you, because they don't work for you. They work for the State. They get paid by robbing you, so it is no surprise to see them take the side of thieves when it comes to defense of ones property.

link.brightcove.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I saw this, and its disgusting.

My dogs life is more valuable than any murderous PO's and I would be willing to prove that if I were forced to.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Give me a freaking break people. This was obviously a isolated incident. NO cops will not take you to jail if you get robbed. A store in another city near me was robbed,did they get punched in the face? NO. I can almost GUARANTEE we haven't heard the whole story. There is no way in hell cops will just shoot a dog because their pissed,let alone punch you in the Face.

edit on 24-9-2010 by gpena because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Such 'isolated' cases are being reported more and more frequently.

Apparently, peace officers enforcement officers are getting very intense about asserting their authority. It is not to be questioned, and certainly never to be disobeyed. For their safety...

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by gpena

You obviously haven't run into the police force in my neighborhood then.....

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jheated5
reply to post by gpena

You obviously haven't run into the police force in my neighborhood then.....

Wilkes Barre PA isnt that bad!

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

The brother managed to fight them off, ran into the house and came back out firing his gun.

and you wonder why the police might show up and be a little concerned for their safety...

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by gpena

Have you run into the police here before?

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1

Police are violent thugs who have no respect for you, because they don't work for you. They work for the State. They get paid by robbing you, so it is no surprise to see them take the side of thieves when it comes to defense of ones property.

This appears to suck ass!

Since you are always attempting to challenge us -

You state you would prefer all police to be private I believe, call them security I think.

Police are violent thugs who have no respect for you, because they don't work for you.

Well with private police, security, whichever... Wouldn't the above still be just as common, in fact if someone who hates you calls the security on you; wouldn't said security make the person who hates you a happier customer if they beat the tar out you???

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jheated5

nope. I was being sarcastic when I said there not bad there. Iv never been there

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I know wilkes barre doesn't sound like a big city like philly or anything but right now we are going through the biggest corruption scandal in this country right now lol..... It's crazy the FBI is shaking down the whole system right now 2 judges getting kickbacks for sending kids to juvenile detention was just the catalyst www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Source

So, a very small effort in research reveals a slightly different tale. Apparently, the neighbors reported the shooting. Upon arrival, police had no knowledge of the alledged car-jacking. All they knew is that there was a shots-fired situation. They arrive to find a large group of people in the street.

Now, please put yourself in this situation as the cop. I know; but bear with me. Try to see it from our side. You are the cop. You have a report of shots fired. When you arrive, you find a large group of people outside the residence where the shots were reported to have been fired. What would you assume? If you were even remotely interested in your safety, you would assume that someone in that group was armed and had already fired a weapon. Your main concern at this point is your safety. Your second priority is to control the scene to find out what was going on.

I will tell you, as a law enforcement officer, you are going to order everyone to the ground and prone them out; have them spread their arms to the sides. As the officer, you know there is a weapon involved, so yes, these commands are given at gunpoint. You are dealing with an unknown situation where there is a gun involved. You, as the officer, want to see hands. Hands kill. This is not done to humiliate or to make an arrest, this is done to verify that you are not dealing with an armed subject. This is apparently where things went wrong.

According to this article, the brothers decided they weren't going to cooperate. Why should I be on the ground? I was just car-jacked. Maybe, but the officers don't know that. All they know is someone was outside in a shootout. You have to get control of the scene before you can start to investigate. So the brothers resist and start a scuffle. Again, this is an armed situation. Then, by the dog-owner's own admission, the rotweiller gets out. Now, according to the dog owner, the dog was sitting by passively while his owner was fighting with the cops right in front of him. According to the police, the dog charged in to the fight.

I know there are many loyal dog-owners here. I am one myself. I was a K-9 handler for two years before becoming a supervisor. I find it very hard to believe that the dog ran out of the house, then decided to sit by while his owner was fighting with strangers. But what do I know? Is it reasonable to believe that the dog, a rotweiller, would come to that aid of his owner? I think so. Would this have been avoided if the brothers had done as they were told and then been able to make their story known?

This is one of the things that bothers me about these cop-bashing stories. You don't bother to get both sides. You don't put yourself in the officers shoes or even try to look at things from that side. If you can honestly look at this situation from the side of the officers on scene and still be upset, then I have nothing for you. A sad situation that could have easily been avoided. From what I read, the only people that were unreasonable were the two brothers who decided to fight with the cops.

top topics

join