It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bald Eagles Released From Death Grip

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Bald Eagles Released From Death Grip

CBC News

Wildlife officials on P.E.I. released two battling bald eagles that had locked their talons together on the weekend.

The eagles were discovered Saturday night on a front lawn by people arriving at a party in Long Creek, just west of Charlottetown.

"They were in distress because they were flopping trying to get apart," said Leith Stretch, one of the people who discovered the birds.

Why is this posted in Political Madness forum? I thought this was a good analogy for the current political environment( made more poignant because it's Bald Eagles...symbol of the US). Two waring parties, so intent, so focused on defeating their foe, that even faced with eminent and mutual death, continue to fight, regardless of their responsibilities. Namely us, the chicks waiting in the nest for their return, for the scrap of food they were fighting over.

Sad thing is, we have no wildlife manager to come break up the fight and restore sanity..........

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Sad - in our political process the path of expedience seems to prevail.
Unfortunately that kind of thinking leads to putting the birds out of their misery rather than trying to untangle them.

Kudos on the symbolism!

gj

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Hmmm....flags but only one response.

reply to post by ganjoa

Agree........lucky for them a wildlife manager had the patience and courage to set them free.

For those who don't know how this happens. Two eagles will engage each other over territory, resources, mates, thousands of feet in the air, then swirl down like a propeller until one concedes before they hit the ground. Basically a game of chicken. If neither relinquishes, they smash into the ground and die. These two were very lucky to get a second chance.

So what are our traditional "wildlife managers"?

War;
Got 2 going now...didn't help.

New leader;
Just elected one and seems to have had the opposite effect.

Religion;
Spewing more fear, hate, division then ever.

Great National Achievement;
Some will argue otherwise, but for me, landing on the moon was the last one. And paradoxically, I don't see another while locked in "death grip".

How do we separate the eagles?

The quiet moderate must awaken, not be distracted by either side, inject some reason and stop this insane internal battle before we hit the ground.

edit on 24-9-2010 by Connector because: sp

edit on 24-9-2010 by Connector because: add Great National achievement

new topics

join