It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion... does it give God the shaft?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   
KSoze, you just hit the crux of this. What it is really about is human arrogence. My rule is that anyone who claims to have all the answers surely doesn't. No one does.

It is the ultimate in hubris and just plain disrespect for God for any human to claim to speak for God. I particularly find it amusing that 300 or so humans get together when a pope dies and decide who is going to be God's next representitve on Earth. I would have thought that would be up to God to decide, but like I said, I can be certain of nothing where God is concerned.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 01:57 AM
link   
yes , religion gives god the shaft. god is bigger than any modern day scientist or religionsist's definition of God. god is bigger than than the largest new version of our expanding universe.

[edit on 6/28/2004 by panchovilla]

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Amadeus, I confess to not having your knowledge regarding the various Creation theories, & I will have to make up my defincies in this area.

I was referring, of course, to only one of these - the story as told in the Book of Genesis. And using that example only, I still believe that this can co-exist with the theory of evolution - as long as the Bible story is regarded as allegorical. I hope this clears up any confusion my post may have caused.

Also I'm not an advocate of either theory - I just plain don't know.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Everything could of been created in 7 days. 7 days to God could be billions of Years to us. Time is onle persecieved through perspective and is only relative to space.

[edit on 25-6-2004 by DaTruth]

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTruth
Everything could of been created in 7 days. 7 days to God could be billions of Years to us. Time is onle persecieved through perspective and is only relative to space.

[edit on 25-6-2004 by DaTruth]

Yes of course that's a possibility.. but there are people who believe it was 7 earth days.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Heres where everything goes hay-wire...the issue of time.

Who wrote the bible? MAN. God did not sit down at his i-Mac, type us up a nice copy and Fed Ex it to the Vatican. Time is a measurement put on by man. The 7 day issue, it could be metaphorical, but it cant be said as if its in "god days" because time, days, weeks, months, hours, they are all fragments of man. Man wrote the story. Man meant it- literally or metaphorically.

This is also why I think all of the "2012" issues and the number of humans getting to heaven and the hour of this, the hour of that, 666, etc....its all man made. god didnt make up our numbers, we did! God probably has a much more interesting concept of time. How could we ever expect our system to compare to spiritual time?

7 days? Sheesh, find the man that wrote the story, its his point of view. Not Gods.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join