It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel warns IAEA it will not accept Arab-led nuclear arms proposal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

“Any approach that...singles out the State of Israel not only weakens the ability of the international community to confront (nuclear) proliferators and violators but also defeats the prospect for advancement of arms control measures in the Middle East region,” Mr. Chorev said.
The United States and its allies have urged the Arab states to withdraw the draft resolution, saying it could undermine the Egyptian-proposed 2012 conference and also send a negative signal to the revived Israeli-Palestinian peace talks.

Isra el warns IAEA it will not accept Arab-led nuclear arms proposal

So here we go with more double speak about nuclear arms... Any attempts to single out Israel are counter-productive and would harm IAEA efforts. Yet, let us see what our dear leader has to say below.

"We strongly oppose efforts to single out Israel, and will oppose actions that jeopardize Israel’s national security," Obama said, adding that "the greatest threat to proliferation in the Middle East, and to the NPT, is Iran’s failure to live up to its NPT obligations."

Obama 'strongly' opposes singling out of Israel at nuclear conference

So attempts to single out Israel are bad, but we cansingle out Iran and that's fine?

Do these people even listen to themselves? Does anyone?

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
The US really needs to sit Israel down and tell them, "Yes you will accept it or we will kick your butt just like Iraq". Israel has so many UN violations it's laughable, last time I heard they were in violation of some 54 UN mandates. I think we attacked Iraq for ignoring 1 or 2.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by damwel

I believe you are correct. I think with all of the evidence, interviews, etc. that have basically proven that Israel has hijacked out government, we can pretty vote No Confidence in our leaders.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Where's the news? I thought this issue is pretty self evident and has been talked about for quite some time.... Israel wants to be held above the standards of any other country, yet they wonder why they have enemies?

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jheated5
Where's the news? I thought this issue is pretty self evident and has been talked about for quite some time.... Israel wants to be held above the standards of any other country, yet they wonder why they have enemies?

*smirk* yeah, that is why I did not put this in Breaking News. It is a good thing to bring out the double standards as often as possible, I think.

** soap box **
And my biggest beef with this situation, also not surprising, just aggravating, is the outright and open hypocracy of our government. To say that pointing fingers is ineffectual and then follow it up with finger pointing.

The only way we *might* be able to regain control of our government is to expose these lies as early and as often as possible.
** end soap box **

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
You folks DO know that Israel is not a participant of the NNPT, right?

Just why do you think Arab countries want Israel to disarm? It's fairly obvious, isn't it?

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I used to think Israel was untouchable because nobody questioned their actions and could do no wrong..... As of nowthe human rights violations keep on building and building things aren't looking so good for them and the people are actually starting to question the unquestionable now and the anti-semetic card isn't as effective as it used to be....

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Yet again Israel trying to throw its weight around. The only reason why they'd want this stopped is because it (if successful on the League Of Arab Nations part) eliminate once and for all nuclear weapons in The Middle East leaving Israel with one less excuse to "cry wolf" as it's becoming historically known for doing as of late.

A nuke free Middle East plus Clean Energy Indepndance domestically and globally equals we do not have to keep on backing and protecting them. Yet if any other Arab nation (besides Pakistan, Iran, Saudi Arabia) was developing a nuke this would be all over the media.

Legally speaking Israel is an Arab nation and subjectable to the NNPT. Israel is apart geographically of The Middle East and Asia and is not a European Nation.

Israel knows it's losing it's grip on the noose it's had on the necks of the world for decades now and cannot stand it. They also deny having nukes and will not disclose if they do or not yet Iran has to report thiers?

The truth is revealing itself and they cannot take it. I do honestly expect that the more Israel gets backed into a corner they will become a rabid dog with drug resistant rabies and will attack the USA all to try and gain leverage and these people have the audacity to claim that they are "The Chosen Ones"?

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Pyros

Israel has never been put into the position to even disclose their stock pile of nukes, biological and chemical weapons as has the rest of the Middle East. Israel has had WMD since 1968.

The worst fears of the West and Israel is to have this double standard come to the forefront. It's about time.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
reply to post by Pyros

Israel has never been put into the position to even disclose their stock pile of nukes, biological and chemical weapons as has the rest of the Middle East. Israel has had WMD since 1968.

The worst fears of the West and Israel is to have this double standard come to the forefront. It's about time.

White phosphorous is confirmed as being in thier arsenal as they used it against Hezbollah and Palestine in recent years. I say, if Iran must disclose it's nuclear capabilites so does Israel no ifs, ands or buts.

Or, are they waiting until The USA, Russia, China, Australia, UK, France, Saudi Arabia, India and the rest of the nuclear powers draw down thiers to a couple hundered each will they conduct an all out launch against the entire world just to make themselves believable?

edit on 24-9-2010 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

According to the IAEA website. The organisation has 151 member states.

So you may as well just say the entire world.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
maybe israel would oblige if some of the surrounding countries stopped attacking and threatening its existence.

edit on 24-9-2010 by christinaV because: spelling

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

S&F. The more debate threads on this subject, the better my day.

The war crimes of Israel along with the free pass needs to end ...as does the strangle hold they have on the U.S. www.commondreams.org...

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by christinaV
maybe israel would oblige if some of the surrounding countries stopped attacking and threatening its existence.

edit on 24-9-2010 by christinaV because: spelling

That is a condition that the rest of the world will not adhere to because of the consistant martial law of Palestine. Israel does not want this because it cannot use this to "scare the world into submission" anymore.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Reminds me of these two:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/18c2de5ff3bc.gif[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0f3efddb1e82.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

ROFLMAO.. those are great! Thank you for your post.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

@TheLaughingGod~

That was too funny!

@Roger s&f

top topics

join