It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Codex Alimentarius... it begins next april fools day.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Hi ATS

I've been reading about this codex for a number of years now, it seems they are going to implement a new system.

Codex Alimentarius

What I understand is that they are going to label natural herbs as drugs. Every medicinal use of herbs is going to be tested the same way pharmaceutical drugs are tested. The cost will make it impossible for us as well as small businesses to sell or develop natural cures from everyday herbs that grow in your backyard.

I post this because of two separate Dutch sources came up with this new info.

This directive requires that all herbal preparations must be put through the same kind of procedure as pharmaceuticals. It makes no difference whether a herb has been in common use for thousands of years. The costs for this are far higher than most manufacturers, other than Big Pharma, can bear, with estimates ranging from £80,000 to £120,000 per herb, and with each herb of a compound having to be treated separately.

Big Pharma Scores Big Win: Medicinal Herbs Will Disappear in EU

The following directive is what the fuzz is about : DIRECTIVE 2004/24/EC OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL
eur-lex.europa.eu...:L:2004:136:0085:0090:en
DF

The next is a press release from the 22 of September 2010.

ANH SET TO CHALLENGE EU HERB LAW
Alliance for Natural Health International announces its intention to initiate a legal challenge to the European directive on traditional herbal medicines

ANH Press Release: ANH set to challenge EU herb law

I've read a litle about the subject, and honestly I do not know what to believe.
The reasons given in the 2004 directive good reasons. Public safety as main goal.

However...

This stuff will take away more freedom. It will cost unnecessary money, and ( how surprising it will be in the best interest of corporate industries that will gain almost total control on everything related to health.

Only because of that I'm against this directive being implemented..

Is their anyone around here that has a greater knowledge about this Codex alimentarius, and if there is... Please feel free to share what you know.

If there is just a little truth in this conspiracy, well... then it is of the out most importance we try to stop this thing from happening.
This message is also directed at Americans, they will be effected as well by this Codex.

Kind regards

~Sinter

edit on 9/24/2010 by Sinter Klaas because: To fix link

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
this my friends, is a real issue.

lets put all the lesser issue's on pause just for a minute, and figure out how the hell we are going to stop this codex alimentarus.

this and the sb510 need to be stopped immediately.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
last i heard this was meant to be put into effect 2009? then i heard it was not going into effect at all

if this is true and it does go ahead it will be a nightmare of unfathomable proportions

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
I've read a litle about the subject, and honestly I do not know what to believe.
The reasons given in the 2004 directive good reasons. Public safety as main goal.

Really?!? Public safety!?!?! I would laugh if it wasn't so evil an agenda that brings us to this.

Do we really need to "test" oregano? Basil? Turmeric? (Turmeric has a zero-death record and helps control and/or kill cancer...)

Are we really just now discovering a widespread problem with all these herbs? We suddenly discovered that these herbs are causing rampant issues? WTF?

No... Pharmaceutical companies are feeling the pinch that natural medicine creates for them, and so this is a move for them to take that pinch away by taking over this field. It's all about money and power.

So... Surely any "public safety" claim cannot be considered a "good" reason for this effort to control us and strip us of more freedom.

edit on 9/24/2010 by Amaterasu because: Typo

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by RelentlessLurker

Indeed... A real issue.

Something tells me that writing a letter will not be very useful. Any ideas ?

reply to post by Deadpoolpete

I believe 2009 at the end of the year was the last time I heard of it as well. This actually was a little surprising.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
While I am a staunch advocate of resisting the Codex Alimentarius ... which in my opinion should be renamed the "Corporate Codex" ... I fear the power of anonymous political support, and the obfuscation of lobbying at the international level will not provide the "consumer" with any voice over the matter.

The only reason this is getting any resistance at all is because of existing business models which would be negatively influenced by the regulation and imposition of contrived processes and policies to eliminate the revenue drain on transnational corporate entities whose aim is to monopolize a singularly universal human need: nutrition and self-administered remedies.

This will be another outstanding example of how influence in governance has been usurped by Corporate (in other words endless revenue growth) robber barons.

Such global legislation is not only the domain of the World Health Organization, but also the World Trade Organization, the International Monetary Fund, the World Bank, and ... well you get the idea.) The ability to hamstring or marginalize their power would be to eliminate the presence of commercial interests in the matter.

Sadly, that won't happen without a radical change of leadership values... but all our global and national leaders aren't inclined to review ethics and morality in their efforts; only acquiescence with a larger less defined agenda.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

Calm down,,,, Relax...

I'm with you. Just opening the discussion.
I'm not lying tho.... This is bad ( IMO ) , but frankly... I don't know.

Almost everything these days can be used for good as well as bad intentions.
Unless everything is already so far screwed up that everything is tightening our chains, I'd like to stay positive.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
While much of codex is giving big pharma many benefits and imo has a few nefarious goals, i think there are far too many myths and outright lies associated with it's goals and implementation. The biggest criminal in spreading them being Rima Laibow...if you listen to her arguments about what it's aims are and what that means for the rest of us it seems very doubtful she has even read the guidelines....or has and simply doesn't understand them. So lets be wary of this and confront it...but don't start making up falsehoods about Codex Alimentarius and it's goals to do that.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I was talking to someone on the bus about this the other day, he said he didn't think I should worry because there were plenty of people aware of it & working to stop it & he believed it wouldn't go through...

I've been wondering ever since just who he was referring too, if it were organizations & the like, we could support them in order to fight this ourselves, as well as buying up re-seeding seeds that haven't been modified & growing our own crops.

Also, Jane Burgermiester & the Austrian FBI are (apparently) fighting it as we speak, but I'm beginning to be skeptical about her methods & wondering if it isn't more of a distraction from some more realistic resistance efforts.....

-B.M

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Well...

That sucks

Basically you say that this can only be resisted by starting a revolution.
I understand that there are fema camps which hold a couple of guillotines. The French won their revolution.

A lot of people are gonna die in a revolution.

We have the numbers... Unfortunately... The majority will not believe this is a bad thing .

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

I agree.

Lets start by listing the aquisations and compare them with the actual guidelines.

I've placed a link to a Pdf of the directive in the OP. This shouldn't take long.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

reply to post by Maxmars

Well...

That sucks

Basically you say that this can only be resisted by starting a revolution.

Not necessarily; revolutions are not limited to violence; despite what the establishments of the world would have us believe.

However, the result of dissent would be nothing short of revolutionary.

We have passively accepted the Codex from it's inception. At first it seemed a simple 'study' but through gradualist intervention by transnational interests it has become masterfully disguised as a necessity.

I wouldn't go so far as to say crises of public poisoning have been orchestrated (for example: melanin in pet food; followed by the assurance there was no threat to humans... then in toothpaste, then in baby formula) was characterized by the media as tragedy born of greed. International shipments of food stuff tainted by Mad Cow Disease or Salmonella, mercury in every seafood product known to man... PCB's in every living organism on the planet. Such things are all fuel to create the "need" against "fear" which the Codex is supposed to address.

Yet in the end, the beneficiaries of the Codex are not the consumers but the industrial producers of well-placed politically active corporate concerns.

It could be possible for a landslide of information regarding the specifics to be delivered to the global community, but the only tools for doing that are the media and the internet. The media - owned by the same cartels as the business who benefit from the Codex - will not assert any effective resistance to this... and the Internet is fast becoming the land of "what you cannot say" and what is "criminal to say." It starts with civil action supported and upheld by the judicial systems in place... in time, legislators will (as they always do) codify the winner's position creating crime where there was once only disagreement.

Revolution? Sure. Here is a thought. STOP buying synthetic nutritional supplements. Boycott sponsors of the Codex (they are the drafters after all) and tell them why.

But then such an effort will be counter attacked as destroying jobs, ruining retirement funds, damaging economies... and eventually threatening national security.

Such is the construct we have allowed our so-called leaders to impose on the world.

The revolution we all fear already happened... corporate law, fostered by political money won..... we lost.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Not necessarily; revolutions are not limited to violence; despite what the establishments of the world would have us believe.

Of course Ghandi is a well know character.

Let me get this right. Basically you say that we have allowed ourselves to be in a big pile of doodoo already,and there isn't really anything we can do about it, without facing serious consequences ?

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

reply to post by Maxmars

Of course Ghandi is a well know character.

Let me get this right. Basically you say that we have allowed ourselves to be in a big pile of doodoo already,and there isn't really anything we can do about it, without facing serious consequences ?

Ummm... yup!

The consequences are impossible to avoid. They weren't impossible to avoid. They are now.

We (and many other nations - though not all) had highly-regarded citizens who took oaths to the effect of protecting and defending their fellow citizens by exercising their vested authority to reject or at least relay to the people events as they unfold.

Instead they used their positions to invest for their posterity and the posterity of their family and personal friends and associates. Skewing the priorities of public service that way made it possible for commercial enterprises to influence the development of policy and legislation making us easier to prey upon. In other words they failed us.

Now the challenge is no longer one of avoiding the consequences, the challenge is to survive them.

Only one social construct can survive the oncoming troubles... a community. Not a cult, not a church, not a club, not a fellowship., not an order... a community of humans dedicated to the proposition that we must never prey upon each other.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

So there is only one option left...

It's time to spread love and prey for the best. I'm more of a pacifist then a fighter so I would prefer how Ghandi did it.

To bad this isn't getting any attention.

Thank you very much

edit on 25-9-2010 by Sinter Klaas because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
From what I've read on the directive it does not have to end badly....

The possibility for it to turn bad is very present IMO.

We already know we can not trust or governments. So...

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
New conformation in the breaking news forum today.

Herbal Medicine Wil Be Banned From April in the EU

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

This is an interesting documentary that I watched on YouTube some time ago and was broadcasted on TV; it’s even narrated by Oscar-winner Judi Dench. I did research the subject for a short while and the lack of sources and available information forced me to abandon my research. EDIT: This is only part 1 of the documentary.

edit on 12-2-2011 by Nathan-D because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

This is a load of crap and i cant believe their getting by with this ...

herbal cures have been around for 10s of 1000s of years before the so called new and improved modern medicine.

www.aloe-vera-and-handy-herbs.com...

The more I read in it the more enthused I became. This Jethro Kloss, though he was born April 27, 1863, (before my beloved Grosz'mama in 1896, making him about 85 years older than me), showed a lot of wisdom and knowledge. I was impressed. I began to try out the herbal remedies he suggested, and discovering they helped!

granted the books been revised a few times since it was first written but
i own a copy of back to eden and i think every household in the world should have a copy..

this guy was one of the world first vegans . and i admire him and people like him .

in nature god has created a cure for every known illness ,we just need the time and resources to find them .

just a cheap way to make more money for the drug companies ( like their not rich enough already ) throw out the cure like the fools they are ..

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
It is about the MONEY and CONTROL...period. An herbal remidy can not be copyrighted. It is the goal of Big Pharma (and it's Monsanto, and other constituents) to be the ONLY source of medications eventually in the world.

One can't control the population growth by healing people.

Those of you that said that control of herbals that have been around for thousands of years are right...there really is no problem with it...one is being created to gain more control through the fear of those that are perpetual "worriers" and cowards.

new topics

top topics

join