It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Education Secretary Vows to Make American Children 'Good Environmental Citizens'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   

U.S. Education Secretary Vows to Make American Children 'Good Environmental Citizens'

www.cnsnews.com

"Today, I promise you that under my leadership, the Department of Education will be a committed partner in the national effort to build a more environmentally literate and responsible society," said Education Secretary Arne Duncan.

U.S. Education Secretary Arne Duncan vowed on Tuesday that his department would work to make American children into "good environmental citizens" through federally subsidized school programs beginning as early as kindergarten that teach children about climate change
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
The globalist elite are purveying this Soylent Green ideleogy upon young school children, training them to become 'environmental citizens' when they will actually be slaves of the globalist elite.

Another good reason to withdraw your kids from the pro-NWO public school system, so to speak.

Better to have a few less brainwashed kids...

Education Secretary Arne Duncan looks on as President Barack Obama talks to students at Wakefield High School in Arlington, Va., Tuesday, Sept. 8, 2009.

www.cnsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ironfalcon

I suppose you are anti-cub scouts as well...

some people have no sense of community...

edit on 24-9-2010 by HunkaHunka because: spelling

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
If by being "green" they teach them how to grow their own food in their backyards, how to compost their bio waste and how to live as independent as possible from the grid then I'm all for it....but we all know that's not what's planned. The only green thing they will teach them is to give out their dollars when they grow up for the green taxes which has been conditioned in their malleable heads when they were little.

Take care of them when they are young so you own them when they grow. Brainwashing at its finest.

edit on 24-9-2010 by broli because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
OP, I think something may have clouded your ability to see clearly.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with teaching kids to take care of this planet. Pollution is a very real problem. Educating children about their environment and how to better coexist with it is a step in the right direction.

I know this is a "conspiracy website" and there is controversy surrounding this subject, but I can't understand how you can demonize such a positive step in the right direction.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
The OP is astounding. So taking care of our planet in general and our immediate neighborhood in particular is a bad agenda now? And somehow dumping toxic chemicals in my backyard is being true to my inner self? What next, you declare that safe s3x is a creation of NWO agenda? And that washing hands before meals is the influence of a satanist cult?

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy
OP, I think something may have clouded your ability to see clearly.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with teaching kids to take care of this planet. Pollution is a very real problem. Educating children about their environment and how to better coexist with it is a step in the right direction.

I know this is a "conspiracy website" and there is controversy surrounding this subject, but I can't understand how you can demonize such a positive step in the right direction.

I know there is nothing wrong with teaching schoolchildren about the importance of protecting the environment, but the government controlled and centralized public school system wants to purvey their warped version of environmentalism, i.e. promotion of the 'green economy'.

“Educators have a central role in this. A well educated citizen knows that we must not act in this generation in ways that endanger the next,” said Duncan. “They teach students about how the climate is changing. They explain the science behind climate change and how we can change our daily practices to help save the planet. They have a role in preparing students for jobs in the green economy.”

Did you get that? Green economy, anyone?

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ironfalcon

I personally understand your concern. IMO this isn't directed towards out planet, and never will be.

We have pollution and problems with trash, because we have companies that make plastics that cannot be discarded properly. If the same people that would like for us to feel guilty about things that we only have readily available, maybe the Dept. of Ed should have one of their meeting with the companies that provide the services that cost them hardly nothing, and cost us everything.

If children were taught to boycott the companies that provide things that are destroying our planet, then Im all for it, but if its to tell my children that their "bad" because they throw their bottles in the wrong bin, then yes, this is a problem.

Most people already hold this guilt that its their fault, for why this planet is in peril, but how many people do you know own a company that makes PVC, or is one of the stockbrokers of the barge, that is taking our trash to the Ocean?

Peace, NRE.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ironfalcon

Did you get that? Green economy, anyone?

Nope. Don't get that. ...Are you saying a "Green Economy" is a bad thing? Like we should keep doing what we're doing, contaminating all the rivers and lakes and oceans and ground water, destroying the forests that replace our planet's oxygen for us to breathe, dumping toxic chemicals and generally wreaking the kind of havoc that will kill us along with all the other life here?

You're kidding, right?

new topics

top topics

join