It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awesome Lightning Storm i filmed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Last night there was a lightning storm towards the Birmingham area, it's the first storm of this type i have seen in my life, just lightning, no thunder or wind, or rain, so i got out the camera and began to film.

Here are some stills aswell.

I had to edit through over an hours worth of video to get all the lightning strikes together

Video will be up soon, im still trying to figure out Sony Vegas Pro and why it only uploads 25 seconds out of a 3 minute video

edit on 24-9-2010 by Haydn_17 because: spelling

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
NIce! I love lightning storms. I filmed one that came out of nowhere a few weeks ago but my camcorder is kind of crappy so it doesn't look all that great.

I look forward to the video!
S&F

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Trying to upload to youtube now, im being bombarded with the dreaded failed to upload message

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Seen such storms around my hometown. They are great - they lost a lot of awesomeness when filmed, which they are when you are observing them close, real time and with all the senses included.

Anyways, some cool images

-v

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I saw some pics of that same storm somewhere else, not the same pics mind you.
That cloud formation is hard to miss.

Carry on.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Lightning is sick!
Bring on the lightning!

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Video up

It's not as dramatic as the ones you get in the states, but this was the first heat lightning ive ever seen

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   

That's a cool thunderhead. I saw a very similar one during my vacation here in Oregon out in the desert. We couldn't hear the thunder as it was too far away, but the lightening was awesome. Nature can create great shows, thanks for sharing it!

edit on 24-9-2010 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Great film, lucky you. I love thunderstorms. We don't get enough of them.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Nice ones Hadyn
I hear it was quite a storm (for England). Down in Evesham we had nothing at all, as usual
I've yet to even have a chance to photograph lightning - since getting a camera up to the task 3 years ago!

Edit: I've posted a link to the youtube page on UKweatherworld for some of my fellow UK weather geeks to see

edit on 24-9-2010 by Essan because: added comment

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

congrats - watchin those is awesome. Especially if you have the sounds

-v

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Hey, I saw a storm of that night too. Well, kind of anyway lol. I live in cleethorpes on the east coast and due east of me there was a storm very much like the one you saw. The thing I found strange was, regardless of how big/bright the flashes of lightning were, not once did I hear any thunder
I've never experienced a storm like that before.

The most gutting thing about it was the fact that all I could see were indirect flashes as the houses across the road were blocking my view
haha.

Anyways, thanks for the video dude, gotta love storms eh?

Kyle

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by kai22

Yeh, witnessing them is pretty awesome, im glad i had a video camera to film it.

top topics

join