It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family charged over 'child cages'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Family charged over 'child cages'

www.bbc.co.uk

Five family members have been charged with child cruelty after allegedly keeping two young children in makeshift cages at their home.

The grandfather, grandmother and three aunts were arrested in Glasgow after it was reported that a nine-year-old girl they cared for failed to return home from school.

The Crown Office confirmed that four women and a man had appeared at Glasgow Sheriff Court charged with cruel and unnatural treatment. They made no plea or declaration and were granted bail.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Omg I am shocked by this. What is more sickening, is theyhave been granted bail. If I was the judge I would have remanded them into custody until thier trial. Beggars believe how low humans nowadays sink too. This so makes me sick to my stomache thinking human beings can actually do this to children. Disgusting.

www.bbc.co.uk

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
That is very disgusting, they should be locked up for a very long time.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
That article didnt go into details though. Were they kept in the cages all the time, or just as a punishment? Why the need for the cages in the first place, were the kids out of control? Wait until you know the full story before condemning them.

Please note - I am NOT defending their actions, I just think that all sides of the story should be heard.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by EnactedEgoTrip

Your right and I will condemm them, no one should place a child within a cage. have some humanity for goodness sake. How would you react if someone did that to you child? Or would you do this to your children also? Some people in society really digust me nowadays.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnactedEgoTrip
That article didnt go into details though. Were they kept in the cages all the time, or just as a punishment? Why the need for the cages in the first place, were the kids out of control? Wait until you know the full story before condemning them.

Please note - I am NOT defending their actions, I just think that all sides of the story should be heard.

First off... there is NEVER... EVER EVER a justifiable reason to put a child in a cage.

I don't care how many sides to the story there is... NEVER PUT A CHILD IN A CAGE!

I'll condemn them all I want, because this is all which is required in this situation....

Hang'em... Hang'em HIGH!

CX

link   

Originally posted by Laurauk

Omg I am shocked by this. What is more sickening, is theyhave been granted bail. If I was the judge I would have remanded them into custody until thier trial.

This is something that i cannot understand either.

I'm not entirely sure how the whole bail thing works to be honest, but sometimes it does seem that the chance to raise a few quid overides common sense and public safety.

CX.

link   
People who jump to conclusions based on a one sided story, with very few details disgust me. Wheres YOUR humanity? Oh wait, that is humanity.

Once again I am NOT defending their actions, all I am saying is wait for the other side of the story. I agree locking children up in cages is wrong - but we do not know the circumstances.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Here is more information with regards to this inhumane article:

The adults were arrested and taken into custody on Friday, and appeared at Glasgow Sheriff Court on Monday to be charged with cruel and unnatural treatment against a child.

All five adults were granted bail, but the two young siblings have been removed from their care.

An insider in the case revealed that the children - who cannot be named for legal reasons - were subjected to a suffocating regime where they were kept in the cages from early evening until leaving for school in the morning.

The source said: 'The cots had been built up like big cages to stop large children getting out of them.

'The children were going to school and when they got home they were put to bed in the cots early in the evening.

'They would not have been able to get out until they were let out for school the following morning.'

dailymail

As far as I am concerned they are not even human, People like this are scum.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnactedEgoTrip
People who jump to conclusions based on a one sided story, with very few details disgust me. Wheres YOUR humanity? Oh wait, that is humanity.

Once again I am NOT defending their actions, all I am saying is wait for the other side of the story. I agree locking children up in cages is wrong - but we do not know the circumstances.

We know the only circumstance we need to know... that they locked children in cages...

That's all I need to "FORM" a conclusion....

Hang 'em!, Hang 'em HIGH!

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Thanks for that other source. If that is indeed the case, then im sure they will all understand how the kids under their care felt when they are banged up in their cells. Knowing this country though they will probably get off with community service.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   

That is why One is angry, knowing the Scottish Justice System as One does, they will be fined or given probation. They rally should be given a prison sentence for this inhumane crime. My heart goes out to these children. Now they will be heartbroken, efected, traumatised, not only by what thier relatives and family have done to them, but also by being removed from thier family home. More damaged children to add to the Satistics, it does make one wonder what is wrong with the uk as a whole sometimes.

edit on 24-9-2010 by Laurauk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Unfortunately, these sad excuses for humanity should be flogged in public and put in cages for all to see until they wither away and die of starvation, their dying whimpering cries for all to hear, web cam and everything so that others see what happen when children are treated as such.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

What do you think about juvenile prison?

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
reply to post by HunkaHunka

What do you think about juvenile prison?

Prison is prison.... Wardens are not parents, teachers, clergy or any other supposedly trustworthy authority.

Why is this so difficult to understand?

Maybe people here have never been put in a cage by one of these supposedly trustworthy authorities as I have.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Hey Laura,what a disgrace this is!!

What is this world coming to? I hope they lock them up and throw away the key!!
It amazes me what cruelty is shown to children,i hope the kids have being taking to someone that will care for them.
I added you as a friend the other day because i agreed with you veiw on microwaving kittens.lol
Hope you dont mind,[star plus flag]

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by johnny c

Thank you, I have just added you alo as a friend. I was discussing this at my work this afternoon, alot of people are not only shocked but are disgusted by this. What I would love to know, is how, social services never got wind of this, until the police was invovled.

One is just thankfull that they have, been removed from that enviroment, people like this need to be put in prison, for life. Will that happen? Off course not.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   

reply to post by johnny c

Thank you, I have just added you alo as a friend. I was discussing this at my work this afternoon, alot of people are not only shocked but are disgusted by this. What I would love to know, is how, social services never got wind of this, until the police was invovled.

One is just thankfull that they have, been removed from that enviroment, people like this need to be put in prison, for life. Will that happen? Off course not.

Hey Laura ,how are you? thanks for adding me as a friend, I agree with you totally,the kids must of had a terrible time. How could you do that? It really is heart breaking to see what has happened to the family unit in the last 20 years. They will get a slap on the wrist over this and that will be the end of it.
I read how a girl in the U.S had taped a pacifier to a babies face so she could go to work and keep the baby quiet at home alone. The poor little guy died and it just disgusted me.

Hope you have a good day pal

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Disgusting!!!!!

It infuriates me, one minute its a woman putting a cat in a bin, the next its people locking kids in cages!
pure evil.

ah well, time to mix some music and meditate on the positive side of life.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Omg I am shocked by this. What is more sickening, is theyhave been granted bail. If I was the judge I would have remanded them into custody until thier trial. Beggars believe how low humans nowadays sink too. This so makes me sick to my stomache thinking human beings can actually do this to children. Disgusting.

www.bbc.co.uk

I couldn't have found any words more suitable.

I had to do a re-read where it said they were bailed ... the world has gone mad !!!

Woody

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join