It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 80-year-old victim of thugs' fatal trap: 'Bullied' woman dies after falling into manhole

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

my studio and living space was on grand ave. where you can now enjoy a peaceful art walk.
because stalwart citizens banded together and ran the scum out as you point out.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by p51mustang

Yeah, last I heard they turned the icehouse into an art gallery, I haven't been there for several years, does it still have the 3 rooms, and the outdoors area? We played a few times in the cathedral room, as it was called at the time, and one time at a building about a block west of the icehouse, that had some sort of big hollow rocket in it, if I remember correctly. I'm sure they changed alot over there since they built the ballpark, which may have also led to the cleaning up of that area. That said, I believe the scum just moved further north, have you been to metrocenter lately? That area used to be alot nicer than it is now, it went downhill in a big way over the last 10 years. I'm in the arrowhead area now, like Jed Clampett I moved up in the world. But, give it 10 more years and it'll probably go into the crapper up here too.

I drive up Grand all the time, though I prefer to go the opposite way, to Vegas, lol. What part are you referring to as far as the art walk? I thought Grand stops at the 10, and all I see is used tire shops, strip clubs, and train stations.

On topic, so did they find out for sure the manhole was taken for scrap metal? If so, I guess the topic never happened in the first place, and the lady falling in was not intentional....

edit on 27-9-2010 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
me and my buds did all sorts of work at ice house. which is
part of the art walk district that goes up grand and over on roosevelt.
that took alot of edgey pioneer spirit and the scum didnt
leave because they were asked politely. or from fear of police-
there was some vigilante effort applied.
whats important is mindset- it's a battle of wits as well.
lets go back calling brits a bunch sissys.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
You're all trying to have a logical, meaningful debate about what to do with illogical, meaningless people. It just doesn't make sense. You can't win a game of Scrabble by playing Yahtzee. The solution is not to sit around trying to rationalize what happened, trying to figure out where it all went wrong and talk about how the world just needs more love so that this doesn't happen again. Why? Because murderers are not rational; what went wrong is that they were born; the world doesn't need more love, it just needs less of them.

Those things that did this to that poor woman are nothing more than their parents' failed attempts to create human beings. They should be discarded as the waste products that they are, and future attempts on their parents' part to spawn should be closely regulated to ensure that they don't botch the job so badly again.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

yikes - someone more callous than me..

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Yes you are right, it was seagulls.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
reply to post by Son of Will

So you seem to be saying that instead of punishing people who murder innocent people, you put them up in a cozy room with some tea, sit down with them and figure out who wounded their inner child, and make them see that killing innocent old ladies isn't a great thing to do, so they can be released into society and happy and productive. That's a super awesome message to send. Are you feeling overwhelmed by life? Are you upset, or depressed? Just kill somebody's grandma so you can get a free stay in a nurturing, loving, and tender environment. That's the answer to your problems, murder the innocent.

Sorry, I say fry the bastards.

edit on 25-9-2010 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

Your reply is absolutely retarded. You might be intelligent, but what you wrote is asinine.

People are PEOPLE. Try to understand that simple point. Monsters don't exist. People do.

Read my post again, and try to actually comprehend the point, instead of, ironically, reacting in a non-intelligent knee-jerk reaction.

Pathetic.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Son of Will

You revived a zombie thread to reply to something that is 2 years old? I doubt that member is even here anymore.....why bother?

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
This is what happens when society breaks down. Neighbors don't even know each other anymore. Everyone minds their own business and won't say a word to misbehaving kids for fear of reprisal.

Where's all the neighborhood men? My mom-in-laws apartment building is full of old people and single moms. Not one male head of household. They're like lambs to the slaughter for grown neighborhood boys still living with mom/grandma.

My grandparents were depression era. My grandpa worked but on weekends he played in a band. He'd show up for work on mondays broke.

The kids wore rags and were near starved. Word got out but the locals were poor and couldn't help. The law pretty much overlooked domestic issues in those days. My grandpa made good enough money and earned a little extra from the band. Well the KKK paid my very white grandpa a visit.

I don't know if beating/whipping was involved but they scared the crap out of him. From that day forward his checks were signed over to my grandma.

I'm not advocating vigilante justice but sometimes communities needs to take a more active role when societal checks/balances fail.

There use to be a man in every front yard across America. Mowing lawns, yelling at kids/speeders, knocking a few heads if they had to. Now families are fragmented...dad lives across town. The only time men are out is in their cars. They even go to the car wash instead of doing it in the drive. We don't need more guns we need an active male presence in our neighborhoods again. That and beat cops could really make a difference imo.
edit on 11-28-2012 by Morningglory because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Wow at least in the US gang bangers just shoot you and get it over with...

Mentally brutalized, harassed and then plunged into a manhole because of a trap..

British thugs are too extreme man....

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join