It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 80-year-old victim of thugs' fatal trap: 'Bullied' woman dies after falling into manhole

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I heard about this story and thought of my Mother.

If anyone EVER did something like this to her, they had better just exit the country and the cops better find them before I do.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

i guess i'll have to disagree - and refrain from name calling..
but you also need to figure alot out and quickly...
i watch teens do all sorts of the same stupid things i ever did.
go ahead on junior..but mess with me or my property..the war is on.
i'm old, i'm crippled up- so i'm not fighting with you..
i'll put neat quiet holes in you..
kel tech pmr 22 magnum 30 shot auto pistol.
but there i go again , being a hillbilly / cowboy.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
The U.K. is really getting bad. I was in London about a year ago and just couldn't believe the stories I were told. But it's getting this way all over Europe. Why? Because we're way too liberal. Our jails (at least in Norway) are some of the nicest you can find anywhere with big screen TV's, internet access and shoot, some criminals get to go freely to McDonalds (and return to jail of course) for good behavior. I mean seriously! Even the cops in Oslo aren't allowed to carry guns and many of the cops (I know a few) don't like going on patrols because they know they're screwed if something happens on various patrol routes.

The government here are so afraid of looking "bad" in the eyes of their Euro neighbors so they try to one up each other so they can say, "See how free our people are?! Even our prisoners get to go to McDonald's!".

I think our governments need to man up a bit and quit being so politically correct. A criminal is a criminal and deserves to be treated as one. The youth who run around causing trouble needs a good lashing, the parents need to take a bigger interest in what's going on with their kids and discipline them instead of just waggling a finger...

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The parents just don't care they let their children do what they want, until it is to late and the children have become out of control young adults, that they now fear.
99% of the youths have been neglected when it comes to one on one personal contact, to explain the facts of the world, getting along with others, and being a proud self rightous person.

This is what I refer to lost souls in the world, these are lost people with no direction, some the only thing that will save them, is a bullet in the head, maybe they will have better guidance next trip around.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

WHEN DID I EVER SAY THE U.S. DOESN'T HAVE THOSE THINGS? I was saying that it gives good, law abiding citizens the opportunity to defend themselves against those things, instead of just grabbing their ankles and hoping the police somehow get there in time to rescue them.

Seriously? Are you ok? I do not mean in an insulting way but you seem to have a really hard time following your own words from post to post. Are you sure you are up to having a conversation with other people? Let's take a look at what you actually said...AGAIN.

HOWEVER, guns can and do prevent other incidents from occurring, such as home invasions, lone gunman rampages, etc.

Nothing about defense against these things happening. You said that it would and DOES prevent these things from happening. Once you are in a situation where you are defending yourself, it has already happened, hasn't it?

Shooting back at a lone gunman rampager will not prevent him from being a lone gunman on a rampage. It just makes you able to shoot back. What you said was that guns PREVENT such things. This is what I was addressing. This is what I replied to. This is what I am trying so very hard to ask you about.

I don't need to. You have the same tools available to you as I.

Get some rest or see a doctor. That is not even English. Yes, you kind of do need to. It is not anyone's job but yours to find the facts to back up your claim. Anyone can just make claims. I can make a counter claim. The right to bear arms will not and does not prevent lone gunman rampages and home invasions. The US has the right to bear and there are still lone gunman and home invasions. See how I at least added some logic to what I said. I might be wrong but I am certain you will not bet me that I cannot find evidence to back up my claim. Meanwhile, back at the lab, I have no problem betting you cannot prove your claim in anyway. That is why you are arguing around it.

Look it up, look up incidents where armed citizens thwarted crimes. As I said before, the genie is out of the bottle here. I'm not saying you guys need to adopt the right to bear arms, that's none of my concern. As the above poster stated, we got out of there, and now we make our own rules.

I think you have your metaphors mixed. What exactly is the genie here?

I can look up thwarted crimes all day long. I can look up crimes all day long. I hope you can come to understand how my ability to do the latter precludes the former from being proof of what you seem to have forgotten that you wrote.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
i have a checkered past -i was a boy scout, i was lawless for awhile..
worked 20 years with the seriously mentally ill. had lots of off beat adventures.
i tell you again- if you dont have the means to defend it then it aint really yours-
thats you, your family, your home , street, town, etc.
if you need to band together to gather intel- to pressure the law
to tend to this mess ..or else.
just like we have to make do in arizona.
theres a war outside.
maybe thats why i'm up in arms.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

You can blame all the people you want but these kids are the one to blame. I've known people that have had terrible childhoods and good for nothing parents but turned out to be good decent people who have morals. These kids need their a**es kicked. This is completely their fault. Scumbags

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
More I think about it the ess this story rings true. And then I find this:

Police and local officials said they were not aware of any anti-social behaviour on her street or against her.

Councillor David Owen, said: "This has not raised itself on the radar.

"It has not come to the attention of local councillors. We have a very good relationship with the police, we have meetings with local residents.

"Residents are normally very quick to contact the local council if they get bad neighbours or petty crime."

Mr Owen said it was not known who took the manhole cover.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Who to believe?

edit on 25-9-2010 by Essan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Sad to hear. But doesn't one of the images on DailyMail look Photoshopped. Very badly too.

Brick wall on the right of the lampost is blurred.

Not sure if they have taken something of a Google Earth image or Google blurred it. Just worth mentioning i thought.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthKix

It looks nothing like the picture in The Telegraph

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by wackowillie

The problem is that when a citizen does anything to protect themselves, their neighbors, or a stranger against the harrassment and violence of these antisocial amoral people, whether kids or adults, the citizen is charged with a crime while these amoral miscreants are rewarded by seeing the authorities (police, prosecutors, courts, and legislators) go after the citizen who showed some backbone while the lardass authorities are cowering for fear they might break a fingernail if they dare take some action against the perps.

edit on 9/25/2010 by dubiousone because: Clarification

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Right polyanna! Jail the parents and give the little scumbags another reward for their misbehavior. Then they'll have free reign of the house. Who will control them while the parents are in jail? You punish the person who committed the crime, not their family unless the family are in collusion, then go after them too.

Clearly, the current methods of dealing with this misbehavior are not working.

Some people are not amenable to corrective treatment. In some cases, the only effective recourse against violence is equal or greater violence. I personally knew a couple of seriously dangerous teenagers when I was in high school in the late sixties. They came from abusive families. Their irrrational rage and hatred seemed uncontainable. They would assault others without hesitation. They knew no remorse. They had no self respect, so you certainly could not anticipate respect of others from them.

This is not a "modern" problem, though in some areas it is growing exponentially with the increase in population. In the absence of a better solution, self help is often the only recourse you have.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
ok- heres two stories from phoenix last week- grandfather babysitting the kids confronts
two punks breaking in and shoots them- they were later arrested at the local hospital.
other story was a 21 year old man hit on the head with a wrench and robbed of his beer.
he fetched his pistol from his car, confronted the 35 year old and shot him dead.
no charges filed. which reminds me, i have to make it to the beer store and back
by bicycle.. it's about two city blocks.. my observation is that when you dont know
who may be packing you do tend to be more polite.

edit on 25-9-2010 by p51mustang because: gone for beer.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Curiousisall

Your BS isn't even worth a reply. I have the right to bear arms here, period. I'm not up to having a conversation with a condescending nitpicker who wants to act like they have a hard time comprehending what I'm saying. Get bent.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Your BS isn't even worth a reply. I have the right to bear arms here, period. I'm not up to having a conversation with a condescending nitpicker who wants to act like they have a hard time comprehending what I'm saying. Get bent.

amen brother.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
mission accomplished- beer secured.. there was a police helicopter circling
and the squad trucks were all over. past the private security guys ..
and zig zag back ..hope nobody followed me.. this is your brain on america.
hot as hell, full moon, cops and mexicans in the wild west. let the fun begin.
lets see- 8 shot , one fatally at east LA party. .
and 14 rattle snake bites so far this month.!
another good reason to pack yer shootin iron.
pack of wild dogs could tear you up around here.
all sorts of trouble to step in.

edit on 25-9-2010 by p51mustang because: news from LALA land.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   

I did not say anything negative about your right to bear arms, not once. I own guns myself. Why are you so upset? You made a strange claim and I asked you to back it up. This upsets you?

You could back it up or admit you made it up. Instead you have wasted how many posts just getting upset that I asked?

If you do not like it when people ask you for the logic behind the crazy things you say, do not say them. Do not just make things up if you are going to get so bent out of shape when someone asks you where on Earth you got the things you made up from.

You said that gun rights PREVENT those things from happening. I just asked you to prove that is even a little bit true. Even a little.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by p51mustang

Makes me glad I don't live in Phoenix! Is that normal? So much for guns preventing violence.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Curiousisall
You said that gun rights PREVENT those things from happening. I just asked you to prove that is even a little bit true. Even a little.

Okay, nitpicker, I'll rephrase my statement. I believe gun rights prevent those things. My reasoning for that belief, is that the person who plans to invade somebody's home would have to take into consideration that the homeowner may be armed, whereas in an area where there are no rights to bear arms, they could be fairly confident that they will not meet such resistance. I don't need to back up my opinion with facts, nor could there be any reliable facts to back them up. I don't see too many polls that ask if somebody planned on invading a home, but decided not to and why.

As for shooting rampages, the right to bear arms may not prevent them, but it can certainly stop them much faster if there's an armed citizen in the area the shooting starts. If guns were to be made illegal in the U.S., just like drugs, there would be a black market for guns in which ONLY criminals would have guns.

edit on 26-9-2010 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

But in Britain, we have the right to bear arms and anyone might be armed - as those who raided a remote farmhouse in Norfolk belonging to Tony Martin found out

en.wikipedia.org...

However, normally, 80 years olds don't carry guns around with them nor do we threaten kids playing in the street with them.

(looks like the theft of the manhole cover may have a lot more to do with money than anything else - scrap metal is at an premium these days)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join