It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 80-year-old victim of thugs' fatal trap: 'Bullied' woman dies after falling into manhole

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
reply to post by Yissachar1

This wouldn't happen if you had the second amendment rights that we do in the US.

One yob shot in the head and this malarke would stop as cold as that yobs worthless heart.

Gun laws only keep guns out of the hands of the law abiding citizen Criminals will still have guns.

I agree...England needs a right to bear.

Sure thing... But it will be fun taking out a few punks in the process ;-)

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1
reply to post by Laurauk

This is a good example of how violence can be used for good.. A freind of my dads was the last man in my area to recieve the cat of nine tales in my area (it was still done into the 1950's here).. He turned his life around qick smart after that!
When someone uses fear to intimidate an old lady then they should be paid back with their own weapon.. Backing down to bullies does not work, nor does soft soaping them, you stand up to them, put the fear of God into them, and teach them respect

But as already previously said by another poster, if you stand up to bullies, you are the one who the law comes down hard on, and the bullies are portrayed as victims. This country is a joke, and the majority of people in it are too.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnactedEgoTrip

reply to post by Laurauk

This is a good example of how violence can be used for good.. A freind of my dads was the last man in my area to recieve the cat of nine tales in my area (it was still done into the 1950's here).. He turned his life around qick smart after that!
When someone uses fear to intimidate an old lady then they should be paid back with their own weapon.. Backing down to bullies does not work, nor does soft soaping them, you stand up to them, put the fear of God into them, and teach them respect

But as already previously said by another poster, if you stand up to bullies, you are the one who the law comes down hard on, and the bullies are portrayed as victims. This country is a joke, and the majority of people in it are too.

Indeed

Second line

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
We could post an article a day on here about something a 'yob' has done. Here's a video that has been posted many a time but I think it will help us all calm down and feel a bit better about dealing with these horrible little bastards.

This guy was laughed out of town after this happened. Maybe we should just go a campaign of publicly humiliating these losers, and helping them recognise that in their current state they are merely a stain on the trunks of humanity.

CX

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

Gotta love it when they get whats coming to them...this is one of my faves...

I remember seeing some lads in S. Armagh who had obviously been responsible for some damage around town, they were walking through the town high street, black and blue with big signs on them explaining that they were the ones who did the damage.

Funnily enough they didn't do it again.

CX.

edit on 24/9/10 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

that's why god invented balaclavas and darkness

darkness = they cant see you coming
balaclavas = they cant identify you.. these two together + 4 or 5 men willing to take care of the scum job done lol.

kinda like that film with sean bean and danny dyer although that movie was s hit. n.ireland has paramilitries who take care of scum but most of these groups let it go to there heads and in turn become the bullies

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnactedEgoTrip

reply to post by Laurauk

If you stand up to bullies, who cares about the law... the bullies will learn that there is a chance of being maimed or even killed unmercifully.

We had a bully back home... we caught him, through a burlap sac over his head, and then took him to a field, wrapped him in barbed wire and beat the living daylights out of him.

He was very polite to everyone from there on out.... THIS is what should happen to all bullies, regardless of what the law has to say about it... because community law is always stronger than any higher authority.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

That was ace.

They all need a bedtime that's the problem! If they had jobs to go to in the morning they wouldn't be out til all hours smashing stuff up.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I myself am a young male, 16 and when i hear about people doing things like this it makes me so wild, because I know that most of us would never even think of doing things like this. And when our elders hear of things happening like this it adds to the stereotype of teenagers being no good troublemakers. Even when me and my mates are riding at the skatepark (BMX) we get sour looks from parents and the elderly, just because we are young, and wear flat peak hats and may dress a little scruffy. # like this needs to stop. It's giving all of us a bad image.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by GetRadNZ
I myself am a young male, 16 and when i hear about people doing things like this it makes me so wild, because I know that most of us would never even think of doing things like this. And when our elders hear of things happening like this it adds to the stereotype of teenagers being no good troublemakers. Even when me and my mates are riding at the skatepark (BMX) we get sour looks from parents and the elderly, just because we are young, and wear flat peak hats and may dress a little scruffy. # like this needs to stop. It's giving all of us a bad image.

Then folks like you need to start taking matters into your own hands and singling out bullies to be "taken care of".

If you don't send the message... it's not going to get sent.

And if that's not your general tact... then do the opposite and spend time helping out the elderly in a way which is highly visible to your fellow mates, so they can get involved as well.

edit on 24-9-2010 by HunkaHunka because: update

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Well, I am of the opinion that these idiots should be made an example of...and it should be considered normal

give them 60 years in the yard to consider what they have done...make sure they know it was tied to not only the death, but the harassment.

max sentence run consecutively..

then let all the other morons out there know of it...and that whenever they screw up enough to find themselves in jail, they will almost certainly get max sentence.

The fear of a lost life (their own lost life) over some pranks and harassment should make them reconsider.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
articles like this make me cringe. i dont know what to say other than a 45 would have prevented this.

in america even our gangbangers have more respect than this. when you remove the whole "fear of being killed" aspect, this is the result, a bunch of bored teenagers thinking they are tough.

this would have never happened in america. You couldnt get away with tormenting an 80 year old lady without getting killed by SOME angry citizen.

i blame it on the gun laws, but even that is no excuse. grow some testicles ENLGAND.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

I never tire of that vid lol.. superb!

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker
articles like this make me cringe. i dont know what to say other than a 45 would have prevented this.

in america even our gangbangers have more respect than this. when you remove the whole "fear of being killed" aspect, this is the result, a bunch of bored teenagers thinking they are tough.

this would have never happened in america. You couldnt get away with tormenting an 80 year old lady without getting killed by SOME angry citizen.

i blame it on the gun laws, but even that is no excuse. grow some testicles ENLGAND.

Me too... it makes sense too... take away one's legal right to defend themselves and this is what happens.

Florida has it right if you ask me when it comes to gun laws.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

Dont mess with cage fighting trannies... Alsways a good idea!

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
the saddest part of the article was when it said that the "anti social neighbors" were scared to give their names or speak of the incident because of "fear of reprisals".

so your telling me there isnt one person on that entire street that isnt scared of a bunch of kids? they are treating this like it was a drive-bye shooting in east oakland.

i guess its the social conditioning, i cannot fathom any other explanation. i hope to GOD that this is never the case in america...

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

This wouldn't happen if you had the second amendment rights that we do in the US.

One yob shot in the head and this malarke would stop as cold as that yobs worthless heart.

Gun laws only keep guns out of the hands of the law abiding citizen Criminals will still have guns.

I agree...England needs a right to bear.

Ah yes, how foolish of us. Guns solve all problems, even those that are scoio-economic. Just shoot them all!

Anyhoo, back in the real world, it has already been touched upon that the behaviour of some youngsters in the UK is as a result of a decade or more of having our responsibilites taken away from us by Labour. That will change, however, as pretty soon these oiks and their families will actually have to go out an earn a living or face starvation.

On the "right to bear" question, where do you think your Constitution and Bill of Rights got their idea's from? Quite alot of them came from English common law, which includes the Bill of Rights 1689. In thuis Bill is a right to bear arms and we still can own guns, you know.

Thing is, guns have never been popular amongst the masses, even when we could own all sorts of them and they certainly didn't help solve crime back in the 1800's when, as a result of a massive crime wave, the Metropolitan Police were formed.

Please, if you're going to criticise, be informed.

edit on 24/9/10 by stumason because: Quotation marks

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

you really think "work" is a solution?

why on earth would those kids work, when they can just take what you have? or some 80 year old lady.

all that typing and not 1 viable solution. if the old lady had a handgun, this would have never happened. its that simple.

no, im not saying shoot everybody. you'd be amazed how often simply brandishing a firearm deters crime.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

On the "right to bear" question, where do you think your Constitution and Bill of Rights got their idea's from? Quite alot of them came from English common law, which includes the Bill of Rights 1689. In thuis Bill is a right to bear arms

Hey Stu, I never knew that

Unfortunately some folk just can't get round the idea that people in Britain don't own guns because we don't want to own guns. Unless we're into shooting birds etc

And I really don't think if the 80 year old concerned in the OP would have frightened these youths off if she;d had a small pistol ...... and they were all toting sub machine guns. As would have been the case in America (I'm reminded here of the excellent Clint Eastwood film Grand Torino )

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by RelentlessLurker

I don't know if you live or have even ever been to the UK, but alot of the problems with oiks like these is generational as a result of long-term unemployment and whole area's going destitute. Their parents have never worked, live off the state and commit petty crime. They see this and copy it. They have an attitude of "Why should I work, the State will give me money/home etc".

Take that away from them and they will either starve or work. Once in gainful employment, earning a wage and paying their way, they are most likely to straighten up. I've seen it happen with my own eyes, I was even a little oik myself once.

It's all very well to sit there and say "have a gun", but it doesn't solve the problem, it either displaces it or escalates it. What happens if the old lady brandished a gun on them? Next time, they'll be back with guns of their own. Typical American solution to everything.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join