It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fastest Birds On The Planet With Spy Cameras

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
In Star Wars, the scenes where they ride through the woods...
Well, check out this video. First, the falcon plunges at 150 MPH and then snags it's prey.

Then, the "bird cam" captures a high speed low flight through the forest.
This is awesome footage.

A quote from the video.

no aircraft invented comes anywhere close

Source

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

Amazing footage of even more amazing creatures..

The shots through the trees are just awsome..

And remember, these birds have tiny brains..

s&f

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalM

So what if they have tiny brains? A lot of bird species are actually very intelligent. A parrot doesn't just mimmick the words they say, they actually have the ability to learn them.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Great. Just great. More stinking speed traps. I have to deal with stinking cameras everywhere watching my every turn, patrol cars hidden behind large shrubs, buses with cameras, and now the dang birds are going to be spying on me. I don't trust those birds. They move too fast. Those birds are going to see my credit card number and go use it to buy lots of expensive clothing. I don't like this at all.

edit on 24-9-2010 by MeSoCorny because: the birds made me do it

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I'm assuming no one else on this thread is British and gets the double meaning of this thread.. I was expecting something completely different
I thought it was going to be about Florence Griffith-Joyner

edit on 24-9-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Flo Jo with a spy camera wouldn't be quite as bad as these birds. These birds are smaller than Flo Jo. (That is science. Don't argue.) These birds will spy on us from all over. They must be stopped. I don't want no bird learning my passwords and watching me bathe.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
This is taking the term birds of war to a whole new level... www.blogcdn.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

So what if they have tiny brains? A lot of bird species are actually very intelligent. A parrot doesn't just mimmick the words they say, they actually have the ability to learn them.

I wasn't having a go at them. Just pointing out a fact..It must take incredible reflexes and brain power to peform like that...Sheesh....

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Star and flag...thanks for the post and video. Amazing footage.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Very cool! I had seen the falcon one, and the footage is amazing, but the Gossamer Hawk was thrilling! I could stand and watch one of those meander through the trees for hours, such graceful and precise maneuvering, poetry in motion! I love the bit saying engineers are just now starting to understand the mechanical intricacies involved with these birds.

Peace,
spec

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
WHile this vid isn't captured on a bird, it still has a unique and awesome bird's eye view. It is from Winged Migration, a cool doc filmed from a hanglider while following geese in their migration.
It's a nice slice of perspective on birds amazing and graceful abilities in the air.

spec

top topics

join