It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you shed any light on dreams???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Hello all,

For some time now, I have had dreams in which I 'become' younger. I ALWAYS feel like a 'kid' in the body of an adult. Usually, in my dreams I have been 'younger' although I don't every 'see' myselft as a child. I do have a mild form of autism called asperger's syndrom.

For the first time - just the other night I actually SAW myself in a mirror as being a boy. What does this mean? I mean, I know that I must be a little crazy but can anyone shed any meaning on this dream???

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
How could anyone interpret your dreams for you ??

They are highly personal experiences, we can't see through your eyes.

If they mean something for you .... great, ever consider they mean nothing at all ??

A random firing of brain cell's focues on a general theme because you, yourself are focused on such a theme ?

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

I canĀ“t fully agree.
There are some symbols which are the same for all of us and there are also many interpretations for one symbol which can be used.
But the question is: What kind of feelings did you have while being a boy? Did you feel you are childish? How did others treat you in the dream.
In this I agree IntastellaBurst some of that what happens in a dream is up to you to reinterpret.

In my dreams are feelings as much important as the symbols.
The symbols in your dream are: boy, young, mirror

Being a boy seems not to be as important as the fact you were younger, which could mean, you should not run away from your responsibility. But it also could mean: You have a good vitality.
Another meaning could be (this is because you see yourself in the mirror): See yourself. Is it you, you can see, or are there inconvinient things about yourself you can see. It could also mean that your opinion of yourself is a childish one... and so on ... and so on...
Another question, another way to interpret: was the mirror intact?

Many possibilities in that.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

Actually i think it's best for others to interpret your dreams.
Interpreting your own dreams makes it susceptible to bias.
Dreams follow a universal language. For example, when one dreams of death, usually of their own, that means they are experiencing a big change in life. physically (job, lifestyle) or mentally (maturity, just found out santa's not real)

One needs to be on neutral footing to interpret dreams. That's why some people can interpret the dreams of others really well but not their own.

About OP's topic.
I would say maybe something big will happen in your life, or you are getting dangerously child-minded for your age. The more people interpret this the better really.

edit on 24-9-2010 by neowakko because: Forgot the main topic.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Here is a link to a dictionary for dream interpretation.
I think there are better ones, but you have to google for it.

dreaminterpretationsguide.com...

Have a nice day!

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by AidanK

... your dreams are your paths of life ... and somtimes you see your dreams and realize that there must be some meaning to them and you are correct .. I would say you would have to realize that you are every where in this vast Universe of ours .. and if you where to look past the galaxy and look to another galaxy you would .. find an Earth much like our own .. with in that galaxy .. and on that Earth is a Being .. with the same spirit as yours .. moving about having dreams and alive watching and aware of its own surroundings... when you sleep you tap into the darkness and your mind acts like a radio reciever and it pick up on the connection of that self which inturn is actually you or a piece of you ..a dream .. to me would be like a life altering event .. something has happened somewhere in the Universe in a span of time .. that effects you as a whole .. and the choice you make within that dream becomes a ripple effect of time which changes out comes of your own .. life .. your are simply making a future decision ...for you are in the past now.. and can not change your own past..but the future is yet to be written for you so .. in turn it is .. future and is not yet written .. I hope that helps you .. Bless You and Yours...

edit on 24-9-2010 by Vonour because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join