It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok, Gay -- I don't know.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I've been living with this 'secret' for all of my concious life. I was always the 'wierd' one and the 'strange' one when I was a kid growing up. I'm truly still a heterosexual virgin even as I enter middle age. I have always been almost asexual - not attracted to either sex. I will have to admit to my only sexual experience as being a homosexual one. I can blame it on being drunk but that's not right.

Here's the thing. As the Earth's population grows and grows to outragious, even unsupportable numbers can homosexuality be selection process? Can it be possible that more people will be homosexual in order to curtail the population increase?

Just a thought, please don't crucify me.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by AidanK

Perhaps you are reaching to try to explain something that others have convinced you you should feel is wrong with you ... there's no reason for explanations such as nature's population control and the such, you are a wonder of nature and a blessing to the universe as you are my friend.

However, should you insist on the pursuit of the 'why', here's some light reading to start with ...

Study shows male homosexuality can be explained through a specific model of Darwinian evolution

Sexually Antagonistic Selection in Human Male Homosexuality

PET and MRI show differences in cerebral asymmetry and functional connectivity between homo- and heterosexual subjects

Cheers!

edit on 24 Sep 2010 by schrodingers dog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I don't see why people have such a problem with other people being gay, If your not then leave the gay people alone and do your own thing, but instead you have people who want to do witch hunts because its wrong with god? My ass, its just someone else doing something they don't like and trying to control it.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by AidanK

You just stated in the other thread that you were gay. I would have thought that a middle aged man would have come to some sort of consensus. Not saying you need a label, but you felt the need to label it on another thread, then you start this one with a differing conclusion.

You actually sound closer to Asexual, but you already hinted at that.

Maybe you should just be YOU or seek a professional opinion if it matters.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies. For some reason I have always felt the NEED to justify why I felt as I did. A lifetime of hiding your true feelings tends to destroy them.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
The relative lack of libido is really more interesting than the issue of whether or not you're homosexual.

Have you ever consulted a doctor or therapist about that?

Could it be because you don't feel comfortable acknowledging an attraction towards men?

Answers optional. But I'm interested.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by AidanK

If there are homosexuals and bisexuals there can be asexuals too, but I don't think homosexuality is caused be overpopulation, unless some unnamed sentient being is responsible. evolution wise it doesn't make sense because how would our DNA know that the planet is over crowded. Which is isn't by the way just certain areas were so many people have congregated that that area is over crowded.How would you explain homosexuals whom for generations their ancestors have lived in sparsely populated areas? If this was the case we should start seeing a huge jump in homosexuals in China between their overcrowding and lack of females.

top topics

join