It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi aide: Saddam refused to aid bin Laden

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

www.azcentral.com

Former Iraqi foreign minister Tariq Aziz, a prominent member of Saddam Hussein's inner circle, told the FBI that the dictator "delighted" in the 1998 terrorist bombings of two U.S. embassies in East Africa but had no interest in partnering with Osama bin Laden, declassified documents show.

"Saddam did not trust Islamists," Aziz said, according to handwritten notes of a June 27, 2004 interrogation, although he viewed al-Qaida as an "effective" organization.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I've always known there was no way that Hussein would team up with Bin Laden, they were enemies and Bin Laden wanted to confront Hussein himself when he invaded Kuwait. Saudi Arabia chose the U.S. to help out, and that is what caused the rift between Bin Laden and the Saudi government. How many people still believe Hussein had a hand in 9/11? Alot, which is pretty sad.

www.azcentral.com

edit on 23-9-2010 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I have never heard anyone say that Hussein has anything to do with 9/11. I have heard many theories, but none pointed toward him.

I am not surprised that Hussein didn't trust al-Qaeda, who would trust a rogue organization that has a superpower on its tail? No one in their right mind.

Still, anyone who thinks he had anything to do with it has some issues.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bushido Kanji
I have never heard anyone say that Hussein has anything to do with 9/11.

George Bush and the rest of his PNAC buddies said so as they invaded. I remember watching it on CNN

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

I have never heard anyone say that Hussein has anything to do with 9/11. I have heard many theories, but none pointed toward him.

Watch this then..

You shall see many people say Iraq had alot to do with 911..

(click to open player in new window)

edit on 9/23/2010 by ThichHeaded because: Fixed a word.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   

No? Read these quotes from the past administration, that the current administration took the baton from and ran with it....

www.democraticunderground.com...

Just more examples of the hundreds of lies our government feeds us, day in, day out to manipulate us.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
CNN The Worldwide Leader in News

how could anyone doubt it?

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Still, anyone who thinks he had anything to do with it has some issues.

I noticed you said this.. I wanna comment with another video..

67% of fox viewers believe that there were links between Iraq and Al Qaeda.

and I think 33% still believe there were WMD's found in Iraq..

People still believe...

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Either way, I don't know the difference.

What I do know is that the testimony of one man is not going to convince me of anything.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

www.azcentral.com

Former Iraqi foreign minister Tariq Aziz, a prominent member of Saddam Hussein's inner circle, told the FBI that the dictator "delighted" in the 1998 terrorist bombings of two U.S. embassies in East Africa but had no interest in partnering with Osama bin Laden, declassified documents show.

"Saddam did not trust Islamists," Aziz said, according to handwritten notes of a June 27, 2004 interrogation, although he viewed al-Qaida as an "effective" organization.

told the FBI that the dictator "delighted" in the 1998 terrorist bombings of two U.S. embassies in East Africa but had no interest in partnering with Osama bin Laden, declassified documents show.
He sure was smart for saying that,well i guess thats sums it up.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I never have thought Saddam was an ally of UBL and I have not heard many who think he had anyhting to do with 911. He never had any weapons of mass destruction either, we (the US) knew that though. He did of course pose a POMD (position of mass distraction) to the Bush's which is why they killed him. He was still a very dangerous man and no one should ever forget that either.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Sadam never would allow terrorists to operate in his country... We all knew that. We invaded to rid Iraq of his tyranny. If you think he was a good leader you really should do more research on him. He had nothing to do with 9-11. But since we were back in the Middle East I bet Bush figured why not kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Our military numbers were at an all time high and we have new unused technology,

As a military member who served multiple times in Afghanistan and Iraq, I fully support both wars, not because I have to but because they are justified. Sadam was a tyrant who killed for no reason. I remember when we took over what is now JBB or Balad and hearing stories of all the mass graves and all the bodies they pulled out of the pool on base. Apparently he drained the olympic size pool on base and would tie people up and throw them in the pool and drop grenades or execute them. Then cover the bodies with lyme. He killed women and children just for the hell of it. Anyone who says we should not have invaded needs to look at Sadam a little closer. Yea we should not have stayed as long as we did and still are, but the invasion was right!

As for Afghanistan, a country ruled by the Taliban who we trained and supplied when they were fighting off the Russians. We were right in invading simply because the country was being run by fear and intimidation from the Taliban. And also Osama was hiding there. But as of 2010 I really doubt Osama is still hiding there, if anything I am pretty sure he is in Iran/Pakistan/ or even Saudi, hell he could even be in the USA.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

Saddam never had WMD's of any kind huh? maybe you should do a little researching. I suppose he never used them against Iran during their 8 year war of he never used them against the Kurds in the north either?

Saddam had WMD's the U.S. gave them to him in the 80's when he was our "friend"

The only real question about Iraq's WMD's is how much he was able to save and hide after the gulf war in '91?

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Mercenary2007

None were ever found per Colin Powell's own admission after he left the Bush staff and even W. said it himself. What Saddam had during the years of him murdering his own people with Sarin gas was used up and the only amount ever found despite initial early reports, was binary gas with no markings on the cylinders.

edit on 9/24/2010 by mikelee because: Add

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   

maybe you should do a little researching
.....OK

Saddam Hussein did not possess stockpiles of illicit weapons at the time of the U.S. invasion in March 2003 and had not begun any program to produce them, a CIA report concludes.

In fact, the long-awaited report, authored by Charles Duelfer, who advises the director of central intelligence on Iraqi weapons, says Iraq's WMD program was essentially destroyed in 1991 and Saddam ended Iraq's nuclear program after the 1991 Gulf War.

The Iraq Survey Group report, released Wednesday, is 1,200 to 1,500 pages long.
Source

edit on 9/24/2010 by mikelee because: Add content

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
WMDs are not just classified as nukes. Chemical weapons are also considered WMDs and he had those

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

Sadam was a tyrant who killed for no reason.

Yes he was but it still does not give the USA or UK free reign to invade, I am ex military, who, at the time believed this was the right thing to do. Our governments spoon fed us BS propaganda and we swallowed it.

Do you honestly think think that Sadam being a bad man is the reason you were there, or the fact that the Taliban didn't fit in with modern doctrines? There are countries all over the world with Tyrants who kill innocent civilians everyday, there are thousands of mass graves all over this planet yet no one bats an eyelid as these are these countries which have no strategic importance in the quest for natural resources.

I want to see Blair stood up there on the gallows alongside Bush and his conspirators, maybe then the world can move on.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
name some other tyrants that are in control today that slaughter innocents like Sadam did...... Please...

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
What people continue to do here is transform their hate for a tyrant into a justification for leading a campaign a lies to usurp his power.

The two are not the same... If he was a bad enough tyrant, we shouldn't require lies to invade and usurp him.

Shame on the those intellectually inferior in America for supporting this war under the pretenses it was sold.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reign02
name some other tyrants that are in control today that slaughter innocents like Sadam did...... Please...

Omar Hassan Ahmad al-Bashir: Sudan, lin k

Islam Karimov, Uzbekistan

Hu Jintao, China

Mengistu Haile Mariam now living in Zimbabwe

there are a few to get you started, please do not mistake for what I have posted as an attack against yourself, it's not. Our countries do what thy want and there is no one policing us. There have been atrocities happening all over the world (look at the African continent) yet we do nothing.

Regards

Yeebsy

top topics

<<   2 >>

join