It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA: House Leaders Draw up new NASA reform BILL!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

NASA: House Leaders Draw up new NASA reform BILL!!!

www.orlandosentinel.com

But on Thursday, the chair of the House science committee, Democrat U.S. Rep. Bart Gordon of Tennessee, introduced legislation that closely mirrors a compromise plan supported by the White House and passed by a key Senate committee in July. The Senate bill directs NASA to build a new spacecraft that one day could reach an asteroid while investing about $1.6 billion over three years in commercial rocket companies.
"This is a good, bipartisan, and fiscally responsible bill."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
How is investing 1.6 billion in the next three years in commercial rocket companies a good and fiscally responible?? Im sorry they might say we our out of a recession but if im not mistaken our deficit is still in the trillions right?! But I do understand we can not stop our space exploration, believe me I almost cried when I heard they were shutting down the NASA program until 2021..or 2025.. but is it really a good idea to commercialize it? Who has the money to take a joy ride into space?! And where would you go? We dont have a moon base or anything... what would we be orbiting in space for a week as a vacation?

www.orlandosentinel.com

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Yea, what other bills they gonna strap to it?

The system is failing... Good luck NASA..

investing in rockets is so they can take off outta here when the SHTF

edit on 23-9-2010 by Myendica because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
You're missing the entire point of commercializing it.

It's a way to bring the costs of it down.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarrGazer25

How is investing 1.6 billion in the next three years in commercial rocket companies a good and fiscally responible?? Im sorry they might say we our out of a recession but if im not mistaken our deficit is still in the trillions right?! But I do understand we can not stop our space exploration, believe me I almost cried when I heard they were shutting down the NASA program until 2021..or 2025.. but is it really a good idea to commercialize it? Who has the money to take a joy ride into space?! And where would you go? We dont have a moon base or anything... what would we be orbiting in space for a week as a vacation?

www.orlandosentinel.com

Yeah, how dare they spend 1.6 billion on something that SHOULD have atleast 25% of our world budget attached to it, imo

The sooner we get sustainable spaceflight is the sooner we reach unlimited resources and energy

edit on 23-9-2010 by hippomchippo because: adding in the IMO

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
LoL The Obama administration can do no right in the eyes of the idiot right. I'll tell ya what.

I support this bill. I think space is more important than ANYTHING else aside from Education.

If it came down to defense, welfare, education, and Space...my top two wouldn't be hard to weed out.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Sorry people...this is a duplicate thread from the OP - innocent mistake.

Please feel free to add your commentary - or even copy/paste your replies from this one into their other thread: HERE

Apologies again.

locking now...

new topics

top topics

join