It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds of Bibles Burned in Iran

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

Originally posted by Blaine91555
When will the Muslim Community rise up and clean their own house?

When did their actions and behaviors become my personal responsibility, and why are my tax dollars spent on it? When did I become responsible for what billions of people do on the opposite side of the planet?

They burn a hundred bibles, we print 101 more, no problem. The only true innocent victims here are the trees, in my

I think who I was talking too could have been assumed without a problem. It is at our doorstep though. Do you keep in touch with the news; I know you do.

On the Bibles you are pretty much repeating what I said if you read my posts.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
There is no uproar because Christians know that it is just a book afterall. A story book and not much more than a representation of how people should live their lives. Nobody really gives a rats arse because christians are not over emotional morons that take a few peices of printed paper and revere them as the sacred words of god.

Muslims uproar about anything and everything that christians do, not just the burning of their sacred book. You fart in an elevator full of muslims and its enough for them to kill you on the spot, because you are not muslim and therefore not even equel in status to women. We all know that women are not human and don't actually have souls..right?

So again, mhy nobody gives a stuff about a few bibals being burnt... Because christians aren't fanatics, thast why.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
They certainly are a hot headed bunch! This religion is only 1400 years old. The Catholic religionin the13th century was only 1400 years old and the horrible crimes THEY committed make the Islamic crimes seem pale by comparism. That being said, a crime is a crime and in light of the century we currently live in, the Islamic behavior is unacceotable. Now there are a BILLION muslims in the world today and perhaps 10% cause all the problems. Do not conclude that because a person is a Muslim they are inherently evil. Most are really just like you or I.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Christ. I don't know where this is going to lead. Your 1st and 2nd Amendments are so open to people wanting to burn flags and books of importance to your Country.. now I here this, Iran's burning Bibles!

Cdns/Amrcns are getting so weary of offending Islam.

Decoy

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

now the christian will feel as the muslims felt...

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Why is that everyone is attacking Iran and the guy who wanted to burn the Koran, but no one will talk about Obama being the worlds most active Bible burner via the US Army ?

It appears that Obama will condemn the burning of the Koran, but will also order American soldiers to burn the Bible in Afghanistan.

This is Dhimmitude, the endless surrender to the demands of Islam and the imposition of two standards in law and practice between Islam and other religions.

It appears that US troops will burn the Bible for their Muslim Commander In Chief, but Obama will regard burning the Koran as a crime.

www.av1611.org... =U.S

(CNN) -- Military personnel threw away, and ultimately burned, confiscated Bibles that were printed in the two most common Afghan languages amid concern they would be used to try to convert Afghans, a Defense Department spokesman said Tuesday.
Afghan workers enter a walkway on March 3, 2009, at Bagram Air Base, Afghanistan.

Afghan workers enter a walkway on March 3, 2009, at Bagram Air Base, Afghanistan.

The unsolicited Bibles sent by a church in the United States were confiscated about a year ago at Bagram Air Base in Afghanistan because military rules forbid troops of any religion from proselytizing while deployed there, Lt. Col. Mark Wright said.

Such religious outreach can endanger American troops and civilians in the devoutly Muslim nation, Wright said.

"The decision was made that it was a 'force protection' measure to throw them away, because, if they did get out, it could be perceived by Afghans that the U.S. government or the U.S. military was trying to convert Muslims," Wright told CNN on Tuesday.

Troops at posts in war zones are required to burn their trash, Wright said.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   

I frankly don't care if they burn a million Bibles and I'm a Christian. I'll never commit a violent act over it or threaten anyone

Out of curiosity, if your god told you to kill me would you -

A) Do it straight away ?

B) Refuse outright ?

C) Pretend you never heard him tell you ?

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

Do not conclude that because a person is a Muslim they are inherently evil. Most are really just like you or I.

I was led to believe that it was a requirement to believe in an invisibly man in the sky to be a muslim, if that is the case they are no way like me, but of course I can't speak for you.

Whether people claim to be christians or muslims they certainly are not to be trusted as you never know when /if they are going to act upon the words of their "prophets" or what is written down in books.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Hello, here is a quote from Heinrich Heine, made in the 1930's.
"people who burn books, will, eventually, burn people"
According to history books, that happened in Europe, people are still burnt to-day, but in crematoriums.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Why don't they burn Glen Beck's book, that would piss a lot of people off...After all the cheering and fanfare.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soldier of God

Yeah but he makes a good point, why don't you hear "moderate" muslim imams condeming this act??
I'll tell you why... there aren't any.

Well there are. The fact is that there is a lot of fear of demagogues. I see the same thing in other communities that are held captives by idiots and fanatic. Most people do not want to get into physical confrontation with people of their own community.

Sad but true. Like all communities the moslems need to grow up and kick out the minority of idiots!

edit on 25-9-2010 by tiger5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I'm really sorry - but I just can't be bothered to wade through 8 pages of this.

So I'm going to post at the risk of repeating someone else, which realy isn't like me, so apologies in advance.

My POV is that we shouldn't be burning ANY books, be they Holy, Secular or Sky-blue-pink. I can think of some other people who burned books in the last Century, anyone?

As to whether it's the Koran or the Holy Bible being burn't... Meh! Just don't burn books, M'kay?

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
the part about iran burning bibles in iran is almost definitely not true. i have been in iran and i know that taking moses' or jesus' name in vain is very unacceptable. burning the bible is still burning one of gods holy books, similar to saying something bad about islam , though not as horrific. The IRGC, being extremely religiously tinted, would never encourage bibale burning or positivity broadcast it. second, it is stupid to think that they would bother iranian christians ( whos form of Christianity is very different from the florida pastor's) for something that really had nothing to do with them. in this time of internal turmoil in iran after the election, they are not looking for these unnecessary reasons for more popular discontent. i totally agree with your points about considering the number of islamic terrorist attacks compared to other religions, and how serious this actually is. i am myself a muslim turned athiest, so im not talking with bias when i say islamic terrorism can and will at some point go too far challenging the good of humanity. if something isnt done about it, grassroots and logical working policy, we can all start looking at america as the only "free haven" in the world

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Codazzle

now the christian will feel as the muslims felt...

Blaming us for atrocities committed hundreds of years ago is so disingenuous it approaches insanity. It's 2010 and a different world where Christians are peaceful people and opposed to violence. The Muslim world is well traveled and educated. There is no acceptable excuse for the radicals. To call them insane is almost an understatement. To support them is even more insane. Terrorists are a plague on the world and it's practitioners do not serve God/Allah, but serve the other side; the dark side.

Seeking vengeance for things that happened in other ages and done by other people is a transparent cover for this insanity.

Anyone who is not opposed to the slaughter of innocent people in the name of any group is by definition insane.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by The Djin

You need to do your homework on the Christian Faith. We have only two requirements. Love God and Love our Fellow Man. That's it. Everything else is invented hype.

If your implication is that God personally is ordering these insane Jihadists to do anything, yeah sure
The problem is not with God, its with evil men pretending to serve God when in fact they serve something quite different.

When I see the Baptists strapping bombs to their children and sending them to blow up Methodists, I'll speak out against them too.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Dang- if this gets any sillier i'm going to start selling holy books and lighter fluid.
-from the vantage point of one who is not on "the opium of the people" ..religion.
i sayeth unto you- get thee lost brother .. tell thy story walking..
lord grant you the wisdom to not to slack thy pace. departing out from my face..

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Most Muslims see the invasion of Muslim nations by the US, as a Crusade against Islam. Hence the war against Radical Islam, is the war against Islam, by the Radical Christians//

Funny how
Christian soldiers kill thousands of innocent people and you ignore the fact that they are Christians, but when Muslims do it, it is a whole different thing right

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by eccentric_crazy_guy
Why don't they burn Glen Beck's book, that would piss a lot of people off...After all the cheering and fanfare.

That is so off topic, I'm surprised a Mod has not deleted it yet.

The topic is about the difference in how Christians and Muslims react to paper with print on it being burned and why the general Muslim Community is not more vocal about the insane Jihads.

It is not however an attack on the Muslims who are decent people.

We are standing on the edge of a cliff here and what happens next depends on whether we have the sense to turn around before we fall off. All of us. Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Atheist, no matter; all of us.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

Most Muslims see the invasion of Muslim nations by the US, as a Crusade against Islam. Hence the war against Radical Islam, is the war against Islam, by the Radical Christians//

Funny how
Christian soldiers kill thousands of innocent people and you ignore the fact that they are Christians, but when Muslims do it, it is a whole different thing right

I think the answer you are looking for is when the military does it, we dont go on tv praising allah that we killed an infidel. If you prefer their Sharia law though more power to you. They excesize due process to such an extent, that if a man accuses a woman of being unfaithful, thats the whole trial.

...and people are pissed about what America does... Where is your outrage and their actions?

And can we get one thing out of the way. Yes, our Military, along with every other military in the world has killed innocent people at some point - Its called war. Constantly bringing this point up as if the US is soley responsible for it, is a joke.

edit on 27-9-2010 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join