It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds of Bibles Burned in Iran

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker
any religion that converts by the sword should not be tolerated.

Sounds like Christianity and the knights templar.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Now lets burn all other religious parafernalia, and introduce magical mushrooms to the world.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Hemisphere

That's the funniest thing I've read all week!

The more I read about 'religious' wackiness, coming from ALL 'religions', the more I'm convinced that the terms "religion" and "adult" are mutually exclusive.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
The christians aren't out burning cars, smashing windows and issuing fatwas over burning bibles because they don't live in the 7th century anymore....

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkrunner
The christians aren't out burning cars, smashing windows and issuing fatwas over burning bibles because they don't live in the 7th century anymore....

No, and Christians aren't stoning their womwn to death because they dared show their face in public. Christians don;t decapitate those they don't agree with. If Islam is such a "peaceful religion", how come I don'i see anything but evil towards others or silence from the so-called non-radical Islamist?

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
You would think in the modern 21st Century after 12,000 years of civilization, hundreds of millons dead over the course of some 2100 recorded wars and conflicts, many of which were fought over religious rightouesness; that we, as human beings, would learn tolerance and respect of other people's religious and philosophical beliefs. Yep, Darwin was wrong in this aspect, if anything, humans have de-evolved in this area. We have really seen very little progression in this area. Book burning was done during the reign of Hitler, the Spanish Inquisition, the Salem Witch Trials, the Reformation and other dark reigns where knowledge and philosopies were suppressed. It is time to grow up and beyond this sensless and repressive destruction. I may not believe in the Koran, but since I have never read it, that belief is unfounded and I should not make any judgments until I have read and studied it. Same goes for all other religious and philosophical works. If they are burned, I will never have an opportunity to learn and make a proper judgment for myself.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Yet more positive that the words "Act like an adult." mean exactly jack and crap.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
yay burning bibles is a good thing, some americans burned the koran, some muslisms burn the bible, its the same thing, so by saying they dont have a right to do it and you guys do.,...kinda racist in a way.

Honestly reilgion is a tool to control people, lets all just wake up and clue in to "no reilgion is right" to say "this is how the universe works everybody else is wrong" is ingorant.

Think about it, when has God interfered in your life, i bet you think he has but he hasnt, maybe something from another dimeion but not God he doesnt, God as we KNOW him does not exist.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Anthony1138

Book burning period is never a good thing. Generally bodies follow before too long.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

What are you talking about?
"We won't let them have a place to worship and they burn a couple books"?

Who is we and who doesn't get a place to worship?
Christians in Iran having no place to worship?
Surely you couldn't be talking about islamists in America getting no place to worship?
Do you mean New York where there are about 100 mosks.
You were not clear on who you mean?
I don't think many korans were burnt in America compared to hundreds in Iran and the protester that got murdered over book burning (koran)
So what are you talking about?

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by Starling

This is ATS? If you dispute it, prove it? If you can't disprove it?

I frankly don't care if they burn a million Bibles and I'm a Christian. I'll never commit a violent act over it or threaten anyone. In fact I'll mail you a Bible to burn. A book is just words printed on paper. Another can be easily printed or purchased.

I'm not anti-Muslim either. I'm anti-violence in the name of any Religion. If that is wrong of me, explain why please?

There are entities in this world that do not care if someone is anti violence. As a matter of fact there are entities in this world that specifically look for those people to further their goals by using them as examples. Dont get me wrong, violence should be the absolute last resort, but rmeoving it completely from an equation is inviting disaster.

At some point, a line will have to be drawn in the sand, at which point you will have a choice:

Defend yourself or die.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

So will christians kill all iranians now?
That's what happens right?
When a couple kooks burn a few quran, all Americans must die....
Using their own logic, all iranians must forfeit their lives... Are they on board for that too?

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

Originally posted by Soldier of God

Yeah but he makes a good point, why don't you hear "moderate" muslim imams condeming this act??
I'll tell you why... there aren't any.

I'll tell you why.
It doesn't make for good news, and when you get your news from companies that are paid to divide you, it shouldn't be surprising.

Were all the Indonesian and Afghani protesters radicals or moderates? And when the Palestinians has a chance for a moderate goverenment, they elected Hezbollah.
If you are really interested, why not read the Quran and decide for yourself if it is radical or just being misinterpreted. quran.com...
As a Christian, I would debate anyone who tried to use a scripture kill innocent men, women, and children. You are right to ask why we don't here more Muslims speak out against the radicals.
Perhaps the moderates are a minority group.
BTW, Mohammand is not mentioned in the Bible. He wasn't born until 570 years after the Bible was completed.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by zachi

Palestinians has a chance for a moderate goverenment, they elected Hezbollah

And Germany had a chance to elect a better government. They elected Hitler. Should they have been exterminated too? Not that the choices that people make under duress should be held as any indicator of how peaceful their collective label is, no matter the label. People under the gun or who feels they are under the gun act differently.

edit on 24-9-2010 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Book burning is a terrible thing. It is the destruction of knowledge. Knowledge is power. I dislike religion and the misguided furor it instills in people.

That's all.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Hundreds of Bibles Have Been Burned by the Iranian Government Security Forces.

A spokesperson for FCNN told the ASSIST News Service (ANS), “This action [of burning the Bibles], which has been confirmed by informed sources, was aired on a site belonging to the Pasdaran paramilitary organization, is nothing less than shameful and the persons responsible must be identified and exposed to the whole world.”

...Two days later, on Monday, May 31, 2010, the same report was reiterated by the official anti-crime website of the Pasdaran Army called “Gerdaub”...

...many of these Christians are harassed and often pursued by security agents and are arrested and detained...

... its quite interesting that the official website of the most powerful military wing of the Islamic Republic of Iran engages in the shameful act of reporting the burning of Bibles,”...

Just a little reality check in regards to the world wide uproar over the burning of a Quran.

I don't recall seeing an International uproar over this? Why is that?

Where is this going to lead ten years from now? a hundred years from now?

Islamic Terrorists have committed 16,099 Terrorists acts since 911. LINK That is just the ones that have made it on accessible news sources. Many have been Muslim upon Muslim attacks, slaughtering each other over minor disputes about Muslim Theology.

When will the Muslim Community rise up and clean their own house? During Ramadan there were 226 acts of Terrorism by Islamic Extremists resulting in 1,028 dead. There was only one other Terrorist attack by other Religions resulting in one death. A Hindu turned Christian was killed for converting to Christianity.
LINK

At what point do these numbers start to mean something? You can count deaths from radicals from Religions other than Islam on your fingers each year. Those commited by Islamic Extremists number in the thousands each year.

Most thinking people know and hold that God isnt in a bible...and while the words are scripture..they mean little or nothing if one doesnt obligate themselves to act upon them - to do them.

Burning a book is a Nazi act of fear whomever is doing it and wherever they are doing it..it doesnt affect me..it does affect the burner though, and in ways they may never fully realise consciously in this life.

Rosha.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Without regard to which side any of us find ourselves on, I gotta know; whaT, EXACTLY, DO YTOU THINK YOU ARE GONNA DIE FOR? Me, personally, I die when my time is up, get over yourselves.
You will too.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Being opposed to violence does not mean a person will not, or can not defend themselves. Being a Pacifist does not mean being weak.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Sorry I had to leave Oozy.

The difference between an individual committing a crime and this, is they are not part of an organized group attacking entire communities or attempting the takeover of countries. Too compare the two does not compute.

I understand what your saying and it is the best argument no doubt. We just don't get why the general Muslim Community won't act internally. In fact it often supports it. For instance Iran with their support of the Taliban and Hamas. The Taliban was an occupying force holding a land hostage with Terror. The masses of people in the streets celebrating after 911.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

Please provide a link to the Genocide part of the charter.

Thanks in advance.

The text of the Charter and an associated Hadith.

Charter-

"Israel will exist and will continue to exist until Islam will obliterate it, just as it obliterated others before it." (The Martyr, Imam Hassan al-Banna, of blessed memory).

"The Islamic Resistance Movement believes that the land of Palestine is an Islamic Waqf consecrated for future Muslim generations until Judgement Day. It, or any part of it, should not be squandered: it, or any part of it, should not be given up. "

"There is no solution for the Palestinian question except through Jihad. Initiatives, proposals and international conferences are all a waste of time and vain endeavors."

"After Palestine, the Zionists aspire to expand from the Nile to the Euphrates. When they will have digested the region they overtook, they will aspire to further expansion, and so on. Their plan is embodied in the "Protocols of the Elders of Zion", and their present conduct is the best proof of what we are saying."

Hadith-

Moreover, if the links have been distant from each other and if obstacles, placed by those who are the lackeys of Zionism in the way of the fighters obstructed the continuation of the struggle, the Islamic Resistance Movement aspires to the realisation of Allah's promise, no matter how long that should take. The Prophet, Allah bless him and grant him salvation, has said:

"The Day of Judgement will not come about until Muslims fight the Jews (killing the Jews), when the Jew will hide behind stones and trees. The stones and trees will say O Muslims, O Abdulla, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him. Only the Gharkad tree, would not do that because it is one of the trees of the Jews." (related by al-Bukhari and Muslim).

Hamas has never hidden this, so what's your point or reasoning?

In a sermon aired on Hamas' Al-Aqsa television, cleric Yunis Al Astal stated, "Today, Rome is the capital of the Catholics, or the Crusader capital, which has declared its hostility to Islam, and has planted the brothers of apes and pigs in Palestine in order to prevent the reawakening of Islam.

"I believe that our children, or our grandchildren, will inherit our jihad and our sacrifices, and, Allah willing, the commanders of the conquest will come from among them"

He maintained that Rome would become, ""an advanced post for the Islamic conquests, which will spread though Europe in its entirety, and then will turn to the two Americas, even Eastern Europe."

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join