It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds of Bibles Burned in Iran

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
may God Almighty use these book burning fiascos to prove once and for
all the true religion by making his Holy Book indestructible!!!

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
any religion that converts by the sword should not be tolerated.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Good...shame they didn't make it a thousand or more bibles. Then while they're at it, do the same for the Koran and the Torah, and then just about every other so called 'holy book' around the planet.

Then finally, we can all grow up and reach our full potential as a species.

In the final analysis, it's wood pulp, with ink on it...nothing more.

Just be grateful it's not people being burnt. Although, if this blatantly obvious propaganda and all the rest of it currently directed towards Iran manages to convince too many of the gullible window lickers, it probably will be people being burnt to death.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Hundreds of Bibles Have Been Burned by the Iranian Government Security Forces.

A spokesperson for FCNN told the ASSIST News Service (ANS), “This action [of burning the Bibles], which has been confirmed by informed sources, was aired on a site belonging to the Pasdaran paramilitary organization, is nothing less than shameful and the persons responsible must be identified and exposed to the whole world.”

...Two days later, on Monday, May 31, 2010, the same report was reiterated by the official anti-crime website of the Pasdaran Army called “Gerdaub”...

...many of these Christians are harassed and often pursued by security agents and are arrested and detained...

... its quite interesting that the official website of the most powerful military wing of the Islamic Republic of Iran engages in the shameful act of reporting the burning of Bibles,”...

Just a little reality check in regards to the world wide uproar over the burning of a Quran.

I don't recall seeing an International uproar over this? Why is that?

Where is this going to lead ten years from now? a hundred years from now?

Islamic Terrorists have committed 16,099 Terrorists acts since 911. LINK That is just the ones that have made it on accessible news sources. Many have been Muslim upon Muslim attacks, slaughtering each other over minor disputes about Muslim Theology.

When will the Muslim Community rise up and clean their own house? During Ramadan there were 226 acts of Terrorism by Islamic Extremists resulting in 1,028 dead. There was only one other Terrorist attack by other Religions resulting in one death. A Hindu turned Christian was killed for converting to Christianity.
LINK

At what point do these numbers start to mean something? You can count deaths from radicals from Religions other than Islam on your fingers each year. Those commited by Islamic Extremists number in the thousands each year.

They have a monopoly on "feeling insulted and hurted", we have not...

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

This makes sense in that it comes a week or two after the threats from the nutjob in Florida deal. You see Iran would first have to order a couple of hundred Bibles from Amazon or Barnes and Nobles and it could easily take a week or two for them to arrive depending if they opted for expedited shipping. I'm guessing no and that they went for the free shipping. Then, they were likely delayed another day or two trying to find a source of fire.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

As long as the US govt has the media wrapped around its pinkie nobody will EVER hear of stories like that. Because you see it is not in the interest of the TPB to show those stories. The propaganda train is rolling, and its slowly converting the masses into Islamophobes. I live in Australia, usually things like that dont make the news(international stories anyway) however if there is an act of violence by a muslim a imam will publicly denounce it, this would be shown on national TV. The US media will never show stories like that because they want the masses to paint every muslim with the same brush, in other words, a rag-wearing, desert dwelling terrorist. I know that I speak for my fellow muslims when i say that burning of ANY kind of holy book is wrong.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by orbitbaby
Awesome! I have a couple of old Bibles sitting on my bookshelf. I'd be happy to give the Iranians my Bibles so they can burn them as well. Damn thing has caused more misery in this world then I care to contemplate.

Why don't you burn them yourself, since you find them so despicable?

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

google is Not anyone's friend unless you like being tracked.
but
start page is a friend

us2.startpage.com...

us2.startpage.com...

edit on 24-9-2010 by AmericanDaughter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I think burning bibles in retaliation is much better than burning people or sawing off more heads.
Even though it Is childish at least it isn't killing people this time.
And book/bible makers have more job security now

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

My wholehearted reply to this is "So???"

I thought the point was that we are better than some backwards country that is lost in Shariah law?!?

One would expect us to hold ourselves to our own standards and not stoop to theirs.

Yeah!! We in the glorious West are so much better than those backwoods, raghead, tent-living, road kill eating, left-hand-as-toilet paper primitives! Add to the list as you wish! Whoopee!

Actually, Iran has a standard of technology equal to the U.S. and are a well educated society. But, many Iranians are still like the mindless Bible thumping drones of the US.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
These are just radicals...not all muslims are doing it and I can garuntee the majority don't condone it. The Bible is actually considered a legit text to the Islam nation, they believe they have the same God and prophets as Christians...I'm sure many people in the Middle East have a negative view for what the bible burners did....but our media is controlled, Anything to make us look good and the Muslims look bad is always a major headline while our own forms of terror and disrespect to others here in America goes nearly unmentioned if it is mentioned at all.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by dubiousone

Yeah!! We in the glorious West are so much better than those backwoods, raghead, tent-living, road kill eating, left-hand-as-toilet paper primitives! Add to the list as you wish! Whoopee!

Actually, Iran has a standard of technology equal to the U.S. and are a well educated society. But, many Iranians are still like the mindless Bible thumping drones of the US.

Just bear in mind that you said all those things, and not me. I only referred to Shariah law as backwards. If you wish to debate based upon what I actually did say I am more than happy to do so!

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Is anyone familiar with the concept if you can't play nicely and share then go stand in the corner? I think all religion should be banned. Most religious people aren't capable of playing like a big boy. The more and more time goes by, I'm finding religious individuals are bonkers...even those claiming to be reserved. If even a few can't play nicely, then the toy should be taken away from everyone.

edit on 24-9-2010 by Jenisiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
So what?

We won't let them have a place to worship and they burn a couple books? Who are the real douchebags here?

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
This is not a problem with the Islamic faith itself, and should not be presented as such. Just as I would hope all Christian's are not, now, seen as Quaran burning lunatics, I would hope that all Muslims are not held accountable for the acts of a few fanactical extremists. There will alwasy be people who take their faith and beliefs to that extra, unbelievable level. There are many problems within the Middle East...the burning of Bibles (in my opinion) was not a huge news story because of the countless, senseless human deaths occuring in that region of the world. And, no disrespect, but the anit-Muslim movement in America is big enough as it is without adding meaningless fuel to the fire.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I am no fan of the Islamic fascists in Iran or the Christian fascists in America. This is just yet more proof that religion should be kept out of politics and government should be secular, since religion in the uS at least mostly has a very negative impact on public life.

I believe in God myself, but can't stand any organized religion, especially the churches we have in the US. Like I said, I have no use for the Taliban, Al Qaeda or the Iranian theocracy either.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by b0sanac
I live in Australia, usually things like that dont make the news(international stories anyway) however if there is an act of violence by a muslim a imam will publicly denounce it, this would be shown on national TV.

Oh yes?
How about an example of the Australian Imams' reactions to Muslim violence?

I can give you a few ...

Australia's top Imam encourages Muslims to keep raping after a gang of 14 Muslim rapists who had been preying on teenage Sydney girls confesses in court, by comparing the girls to uncovered meat left out for cats to eat. -

Muslim leader blames women for sex attacks

In the religious address on adultery to about 500 worshippers in Sydney last month, Sheik Hilali said: "If you take out uncovered meat and place it outside on the street, or in the garden or in the park, or in the backyard without a cover, and the cats come and eat it ... whose fault is it, the cats or the uncovered meat?

"The uncovered meat is the problem."

The sheik then said: "If she was in her room, in her home, in her hijab, no problem would have occurred."

He said women were "weapons" used by "Satan" to control men.

In Australia, Norway, Sweden and other Western nations, there is a distinct race-based crime in motion being ignored by the diversity police: Islamic men are raping Western women for ethnic reasons. We know this because the rapists have openly declared their sectarian motivations. When a number of teenage Australian girls were subjected to hours of sexual degradation during a spate of gang rapes in Sydney that occurred between 1998 and 2002, the perpetrators of these assaults framed their rationale in ethnic terms. The young victims were informed that they were “sluts” and “Aussie pigs” while they were being hunted down and abused.

In Australia's New South Wales Supreme Court in December 2005, a visiting Pakistani rapist testified that his victims had no right to say no, because they were not wearing a headscarf. And earlier this year Australians were outraged when Lebanese Sheik Faiz Mohammed gave a lecture in Sydney where he informed his audience that rape victims had no one to blame but themselves. Women, he said, who wore skimpy clothing, invited men to rape them.

A few months earlier, in Copenhagen, Islamic mufti and scholar, Shahid Mehdi created uproar when – like his peer in Australia – he stated that women who did not wear a headscarf were asking to be raped.

And with haunting synchronicity in 2004, the London Telegraph reported that visiting Egyptian scholar Sheik Yusaf al-Qaradawi claimed female rape victims should be punished if they were dressed immodestly when they were raped. He added, “For her to be absolved from guilt, a raped woman must have shown good conduct.”

archive.frontpagemag.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

They're doing what wwe call "bringing justice." Karma.

The two most powerful religions in the world hate each other. And they practice the same belief.

It's almost like they're pinned against each other on purpose...

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by Hefficide

It's time for them to leave the Dark Ages behind.

If we don't have the courage to discuss this, how will it ever happen?

"We will bomb the Vietcong into the stone age!" Some general said that, not realizing that they were already living in the stone age. If you wonder why many middle easterners seem to be living in the dark ages there is a reason for it. They have been kept there by oppressors. Turks ran Palestine for 400 years and did not allow them to read and write. "You imagine that we are crazy guys on horses waiving curved swords around and yelling. Well you are right, the Turks kept us at that level"-My Palestinian friend. We cannot expect the people of the middle east to move forward if we keep bombing them back.

edit on 24-9-2010 by earthdude because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I am a Christian. All I have to say is... When it comes to my religious beliefs, the word of God is forever lasting. Even though they will burn more bibles, the word is eternal in the hearts, minds, and souls of its believers.

Books can be replaced. Human lives cannot.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join