It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds of Bibles Burned in Iran

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by Hefficide

I think its time for Islam to clean up its own mess is what I'm trying to say here. Only they can fix this problem that is plaguing the world. The Middle East is the source of most of it. It's time for them to leave the Dark Ages behind.

If we don't have the courage to discuss this, how will it ever happen?

I quite agree, in theory, with what you said, and starred you for saying it.

But, on the other hand, how can we, as a freedom loving people, force our values onto the citizens of other nations? If we chose to do so, even with the best of intentions, we would be abandoning the very values that we set out to do so with.

When you impress your moral view of freedom onto others, it ceases being anything that can be referred to as "freedom"

edit on 9/23/10 by Hefficide because: typo

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

As a Christian, I cannot agree with you more. I applaud this Muslim group for seeking a court order to stop the Bible burning. They are showing their true faith when they stand up to the extremists. If only we would stand up to our extremists, instead of allowing to do something offensive just because it's "their right."

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

That is my support in the Iranians in not making nukes.. The comment made above was made intentionally so people see it and remember hopefully that the Iranians are not making WMD's just like Iraq wasn't making them..

But us stupid Americans don't learn the 1st 300 times so we may even go to Iran for fake nukes..

I did mention in my post above that I think both camps are stupid because both messiah is in both of their books..

I know Jesus is in the Koran but I am sure they say Mohammad in the bible...

Now below is so off topic..
I just noticed on google spell check, the capped Koran and didnt cap bible.. interesting that..

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
So what, it's not worth going to war with Iran. People who get upset over the burning of inadimate objects are just insane. If you believe what's in the bible, burning it isn't going to change your beliefs.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I think some people are still missing an important point.

When psychotic nutjobs wearing a cross decided to want to burn a qur'an there was world wide condemnation from both Muslim and non-Muslim people, so much so that even the Law was going to step in and charge the people with an offence in order to put an end to it. They couldn't charge them with the act itself, so they found a different way to do so.

Muslims and Christians denounced the act as frivolous and inane.

It made news, it created division and tension. Death threats were made. Hate was expressed towards anyone not of islamic faith.

Now we have an alleged mass burning of bibles by psychotic nutjobs under a crescent, and the outcry is barely palpable. This is not to say that the West should be up in arms about it, no. But those very same people who expect religious tolerance should be standing firm against this.

It highlights the main difference between those who, as Blaine mentioned, put an end to the wishes of others in their own lands. However, they have NO impact in Western countries, so why the silence still?

I disagree that it is not made public because it does not create news. It certainly WOULD create news. That fallacy of an argument is getting old.

For once, I would love to hear the same level of disapproval when the act is against the very people who give Islam a bad name.

It always falls back onto the West to suck it up and ignore it, as we slowly lose free ground inch by inch...

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

“Of course, the security officials have not clarified the difference between these so called ‘perverted Bibles’ and those that are commonly used by people around the world - including Iran.

Before people get there knickers in a knot, these wernt 'bibles'

They were something different.

Second, this hasnt been confirmed, nor has any photo emerged of it

Frankly, level headed and reasonable people who heard about Koran day really turned around and said so what?

Some nutjob wants to do it, its his choice. It doesnt change a thing and only radicals would use it as an excuse to fight and bicker.

So what does it mean when its the opposite, and western people want to fight and bicker, does that make them radicals?

people need to get a level head here and stop using every little thing as an excuse to trumpet there thirst for fighting.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
If this is true - and you cannot be sure of any news that comes out of a dictatorship - it is senseless provocation. These guards or whoever they are do not realize that by burning a book many people consider very important, they make the case of that book stronger and stronger.

That is what happened to the books burned by the Nazis.
That is what would have happened if that crazy preacher had indeed burnt the Quran. But as far as I know he gave up.

You can expect more and more people turn to Christianity in Iran... that is how this works, in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Personally my faith is deep in my very own soul, so you can burn truckload of Bibles, i don't care at all !!! im just laughting at you !!!

If the simple fact of burning a holy book or destroying some religious icons ( no matters what religion ) is enought to shatter your faith and to trigger violents retaliation, maybee YOU have a problem ?

Have you seen any christians blowing bombs on innocents womans and childrens in a public muslim market places ? NO ! and what are the chances it happen ?

What is those primitive religions problems ?

What is this : I burn your coran, you blows my buildings ?

Religions are supposed to be based on Hope, Peace, Love etc... But the only things i see in your religions is Violence, Murder, Genocide, Hate, Killing all in the name of your so called Good and Loving God.

Extremists of all religions, You are Pathetics worthless pieces of humanity. Do us a favor, go see your Gods kill yourselfs.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

I think its time for Islam to clean up its own mess is what I'm trying to say here. Only they can fix this problem that is plaguing the world. The Middle East is the source of most of it. It's time for them to leave the Dark Ages behind.

If we don't have the courage to discuss this, how will it ever happen?

Regarding your last line...
That's exactly what Ahmadinejad was attempting to do today at the UN conference (and on Larry King last night), but the bullies refused to listen!
These cowards walked out on the truth, leaving no room for debate.

And you're here to spread disinformation...on all your posts, so I will not waste my energy on useless arguments.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soldier of God

Yeah but he makes a good point, why don't you hear "moderate" muslim imams condeming this act??
I'll tell you why... there aren't any.

Where should we be hearing them? How many have you asked? How many has FOX News booked? Where is the official moderate Imam announcement center?

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Of course, given the Islamophobia being driven by the US mainstream media, they gave huge coverage on every network to one preacher's THREAT to burn Qurans.

However, when a hostile foreign governments own security forces ACTUALLY burns bibles, it doesn't even get a mention.

I guess this goes to prove that the MSM is really only interested in driving anti Muslim sentiment, not covering ACTUAL news.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

I don't mean by force. I mean by dialogue. Talking about it is the start. I know I'm being unrealistic, but am I really? It has to start somewhere. The more it is discussed the further it will spread. Given time?

As it is now, we can't even have a civil discussion. If it's not possible, then we have a real problem that can only end badly.

Even those who don't agree with me, who want to force their beliefs on others, read these discussions and it gets them thinking. Why can't we coexist? The only thing stopping us now is the stubborn idea that the past has to be the future. Does it really?

It's insane to think the people of the Middle East as a whole want to exist in a society where just going shopping can lead to your death, over a dispute in ideology with a fellow Muslim? They live in fear of their leaders as do we. This only happens because it is allowed to happen.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

of course they were, and there aren't mobs in the street here, death threats or calls to holy war, because we're not a 7th century style, dirty, uneducated, backward warlord theocracy. western pluralism ftw!

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

It seems like you are missing the point. I thought the US has been busy claiming they are better than the type of people in the middle east that burn books. Higher expectations lead to higher criticism. There is one way to fix it. If the people in the US just admit that they are just as bad as most of the people they claim to be better than, then when they burn a Koran, no one will care anymore either. I would personally rather claim to be better than that and then actually live up to it.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
Now below is so off topic..
I just noticed on google spell check, the capped Koran and didnt cap bible.. interesting that..

Koran is a proper noun while bible is not. If that is an issue for anyone the would lean towards the bible, there is plenty of time to start calling it "The Situation" instead.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by snusfanatic

of course they were, and there aren't mobs in the street here, death threats or calls to holy war, because we're not a 7th century style, dirty, uneducated, backward warlord theocracy. western pluralism ftw!

Hey hey, have faith. We are not a 7th century style, dirty, uneducated, backward, warlord theocracy...YET!

The Tea Party is working on it though so have faith.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Curiousisall

So I should make a post about this?

Title should be along the lines of..
Z0Mg 7h3 g00G13 Ð035ñ'7 1¡K3 7h3 8î813 î7 ©4þ¡741¡Z35 7H3 K0®4ñ 4ñÐ ñ07 7H3 8¡813 8Û®ñ 7H3 G00g13!!!!!

eh?

Apparently this post isnt really that important, the cool thing about free will is we have the ability to do what we feel is right.. If some wacko's feel it is better to torch the other teams book then fine so be it.. in the end they did what they did and they went to bed happy..

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

reply to post by Curiousisall

So I should make a post about this?

Title should be along the lines of..
Z0Mg 7h3 g00G13 Ð035ñ'7 1¡K3 7h3 8î813 î7 ©4þ¡741¡Z35 7H3 K0®4ñ 4ñÐ ñ07 7H3 8¡813 8Û®ñ 7H3 G00g13!!!!!

eh?

English please?

I have no idea what any of the above means and seeing what you responded to does not help.

Apparently this post isnt really that important, the cool thing about free will is we have the ability to do what we feel is right.. If some wacko's feel it is better to torch the other teams book then fine so be it.. in the end they did what they did and they went to bed happy..

I am confused. I am not sure what any of this has to do with anything in the post you are responding to. You seemed a little taken aback by the google capitalization and I was just trying to help out. This is how words work. The Koran is the name of a book, it is capitalized. The word bible is a term that applies to many different books so it is not capitalized. Thought I was helping.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Translation from l337 would be:

ZOMG, The Google doesn't like the bible it capitalizes the Koran and not the Bible. Burn the Google"

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
["If the people in the US just admit that they are just as bad as most of the people they claim to be better than"]

since you seem to potray an interest in truth like words and spelling, could you provide some proof (truth) to your claim?

cool information-The melting pot is a metaphor for a heterogeneous society becoming more homogeneous, the different elements "melting together" into a harmonious whole with a common culture. It is particularly used to describe the assimilation of immigrants to the United States; the melting-together metaphor was in use by the 1780s.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join