It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds of Bibles Burned in Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Hundreds of Bibles Have Been Burned by the Iranian Government Security Forces.

A spokesperson for FCNN told the ASSIST News Service (ANS), “This action [of burning the Bibles], which has been confirmed by informed sources, was aired on a site belonging to the Pasdaran paramilitary organization, is nothing less than shameful and the persons responsible must be identified and exposed to the whole world.”

...Two days later, on Monday, May 31, 2010, the same report was reiterated by the official anti-crime website of the Pasdaran Army called “Gerdaub”...

...many of these Christians are harassed and often pursued by security agents and are arrested and detained...

... its quite interesting that the official website of the most powerful military wing of the Islamic Republic of Iran engages in the shameful act of reporting the burning of Bibles,”...

Just a little reality check in regards to the world wide uproar over the burning of a Quran.

I don't recall seeing an International uproar over this? Why is that?

Where is this going to lead ten years from now? a hundred years from now?

Islamic Terrorists have committed 16,099 Terrorists acts since 911. LINK That is just the ones that have made it on accessible news sources. Many have been Muslim upon Muslim attacks, slaughtering each other over minor disputes about Muslim Theology.

When will the Muslim Community rise up and clean their own house? During Ramadan there were 226 acts of Terrorism by Islamic Extremists resulting in 1,028 dead. There was only one other Terrorist attack by other Religions resulting in one death. A Hindu turned Christian was killed for converting to Christianity.
LINK

At what point do these numbers start to mean something? You can count deaths from radicals from Religions other than Islam on your fingers each year. Those commited by Islamic Extremists number in the thousands each year.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
My wholehearted reply to this is "So???"

I thought the point was that we are better than some backwards country that is lost in Shariah law?!?

One would expect us to hold ourselves to our own standards and not stoop to theirs.

+13 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Yeah but he makes a good point, why don't you hear "moderate" muslim imams condeming this act??
I'll tell you why... there aren't any.

link   
i wonder if this will get the msm coverage that that nutjob preacher did who tried the 'burn a koran' day.

my personal opinion.
i don't care.

+9 more 
link   
reply to post by Starling

This is ATS? If you dispute it, prove it? If you can't disprove it?

I frankly don't care if they burn a million Bibles and I'm a Christian. I'll never commit a violent act over it or threaten anyone. In fact I'll mail you a Bible to burn. A book is just words printed on paper. Another can be easily printed or purchased.

I'm not anti-Muslim either. I'm anti-violence in the name of any Religion. If that is wrong of me, explain why please?

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

My wholehearted reply to this is "So???"

I thought the point was that we are better than some backwards country that is lost in Shariah law?!?

One would expect us to hold ourselves to our own standards and not stoop to theirs.

The point is not *US* but them - they're quick to yell about how they are offended, but rather silent when the shoe is on the other foot.

Blaine pointed out this. Not that we should be in an uproar about it.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I think its time for Islam to clean up its own mess is what I'm trying to say here. Only they can fix this problem that is plaguing the world. The Middle East is the source of most of it. It's time for them to leave the Dark Ages behind.

If we don't have the courage to discuss this, how will it ever happen?

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I guess they were trying to hide nukes in that bible burning before the US started invading..

Damn Iranians.. Yes this is a stupid comment but meh.. If some christian idiots can burn a koran then some stupid muslims can burn a bible.. Either way they both look stupid..

Reason both Mohammad and Jesus have been mention in either book.. Interesting that..

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

We should be able to talk peacefully about this. In that lies the problem. Opening a dialogue is the first step to healing. No reason we can't coexist together on this little blue planet I can see. No reason other than insanity.

My neighbor just left from borrowing my Fax machine. My Muslim neighbor. We get along great and are becoming good friends. I know many Muslims agree, but it seems they are fearful of speaking out. I can't blame them as we can clearly see, most of this is Muslim upon Muslim violence.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Soldier of God

Google is your friend.

Muslims Block Bible-Burning In South Africa

A judge in Johannesburg, South Africa, has blocked a plan by a Muslim to burn Bibles on the anniversary of Sept. 11.

An Islamic intellectual organization, Scholars of the Truth, had sought the order. It bans the burning of any holy books. “I’m very pleased the judge came to this decision. Not only did he ban this protest but he also banned other people from burning the Bible,” The Christian Scientist Monitor quoted plaintiff’s lawyer Yasmin Omar as saying.

The order also covers the burning of other holy books, including the Koran. Mohammed Vawda planned to burn the Bibles in response to a plan to burn hundreds of copies of the Koran in Gainesville, Florida. The preacher pushing the Florida book burning has backed down.

“What Mr. Vawda wanted to do is not just morally wrong but is an affront to Islam. We regard Jesus as a prophet who is part of the Koran so if he burns the Bible, he is burning part of the Koran,” said Omar.

There are an estimated 1 million Muslims in South Africa and 30 million Christians. Judge Sita Kolbe issued his ruling after a four-minute hearing.

www.allvoices.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soldier of God
reply to post by Blaine91555

Yeah but he makes a good point, why don't you hear "moderate" muslim imams condeming this act??
I'll tell you why... there aren't any.

I'll tell you why.
It doesn't make for good news, and when you get your news from companies that are paid to divide you, it shouldn't be surprising.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf

The point is not *US* but them - they're quick to yell about how they are offended, but rather silent when the shoe is on the other foot.

Blaine pointed out this. Not that we should be in an uproar about it.

I understand the concept. But, really, other than emulating their bad example, what does one do? When faced with ignorance one does not seek to adjust their own behavior to match that of their adversary.

Personally I look at it all for what it is, religious fanatics burning books as if they were all third graders on a playground and utterly unable to use their "big boy words" to communicate.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
I guess they were trying to hide nukes in that bible burning before the US started invading..

Off topic altogether. That is part of the problem with trying to have this discussion. You have to post something with shock value to even start a dialogue and then many are unable to have a discussion without dragging everything else into it ... well you get my point. Straw Man

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
SHOCKING!

Christians Are The Most Persecuted People of All
By Scott Thong
A long article, but very well researched and excellently written. It’s a piece on how although Christianity may seem to be the lead player among religions, what with America the EU and whatnot… In reality it is the most persecuted of all belief systems....How true it is. From the very blood that Jesus shed on the cross for our sins, to the first martyr Stephen, to all the faithful Apostles but John, to Paul and the early church fathers… And to the end of days as Revelation prophecizes.

scottthong.wordpress.com...

BBC confesses bias
on religion, politics
Internal memo reveals execs saying
Bible tossed in trash OK, not Quran

Posted: October 23, 2006
5:00 p.m. Eastern
© 2006 WorldNetDaily.com

An internal British Broadcasting Corporation memo reveals senior figures admitted the national news agency was guilty of promoting left-wing views and anti-Christian sentiment.

scottthong.wordpress.com...

edit on 23-9-2010 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I don't believe it, after all if this was to happen the media would be all over it, Obama would definitely say something, Hillary would make a threat or two, and we'd see someone getting a bill for the added security due to the threats of extreme violence for this horrific act. Oh never mind, it was only the Bible, nothing to see here, move along. This is just another example of how pathetic our media really is.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
i like this guys point of view.
he burns all of them.
youtube video

it's worth a watch, just a few minutes long.

link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp
i wonder if this will get the msm coverage that that nutjob preacher did who tried the 'burn a koran' day.

I highly doubt any at all.

Not much more I can say to this.

edit on 23-9-2010 by igor_ats because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by Soldier of God

Google is your friend.

Muslims Block Bible-Burning In South Africa

A judge in Johannesburg, South Africa, has blocked a plan by a Muslim to burn Bibles on the anniversary of Sept. 11.

An Islamic intellectual organization, Scholars of the Truth, had sought the order. It bans the burning of any holy books. “I’m very pleased the judge came to this decision. Not only did he ban this protest but he also banned other people from burning the Bible,” The Christian Scientist Monitor quoted plaintiff’s lawyer Yasmin Omar as saying.

The order also covers the burning of other holy books, including the Koran. Mohammed Vawda planned to burn the Bibles in response to a plan to burn hundreds of copies of the Koran in Gainesville, Florida. The preacher pushing the Florida book burning has backed down.

“What Mr. Vawda wanted to do is not just morally wrong but is an affront to Islam. We regard Jesus as a prophet who is part of the Koran so if he burns the Bible, he is burning part of the Koran,” said Omar.

There are an estimated 1 million Muslims in South Africa and 30 million Christians. Judge Sita Kolbe issued his ruling after a four-minute hearing.

www.allvoices.com...

And reading should be your friend. I was talking about the Bibles already burned in the OP...

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

We need to get beyond this, if you burn mine, I'll burn yours nonsense and you would think adults could do that. Instead the world continues to act like children, causing great suffering.

There simply is no reason that Christians, Jews, Hindu's, Buddhists, Muslims and all others can not coexist in peace, because we can.

I may be unrealistic, but I sleep at night.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join