It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Minors Act Could Boost U.S. Military Ranks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Alien Minors Act Could Boost U.S. Military Ranks

www.usatoday.com

Immigration advocates have long pushed for the DREAM Act as a way to give children who were brought to the U.S. illegally by their parents a chance to become legal residents and have access to higher education.

The less publicized part of the Development, Relief and Education for Alien Minors Act is that the Pentagon is pushing for it as a means to staff the armed forces.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Is it just me, or does there seem to be something wrong here. When or why did our government decide that this is the best course of action for our military and our country. I don't see any other country doing things like this, but we already know how whacky our government has become so this comes as no surprise. Before long, ETs, monkeys, and anything that knows how to aim a weapon and shoot will be allowed to join the ranks as well.

www.usatoday.com

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Knowledge

Our military are already full of fat bodies who are only there for the education anyways. Might as well let them join if they want to.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I was honestly surprised during my Basic Training in the USAF in the summer of 1998 when as dorm chief one of the 60+ recruits in my flight was a Russian who did not even have an American citizenship, yet.

I did not know that people who were not legally American citizens could join the military and get a security clearance

interesting stuff,
ET

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

My first wife was in the military and wasn't a citizen when she joined. There are certain criterias they have to meet before being able to join and it is, from what she told me, rather difficult.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

I was honestly surprised during my Basic Training in the USAF in the summer of 1998 when as dorm chief one of the 60+ recruits in my flight was a Russian who did not even have an American citizenship, yet.

I did not know that people who were not legally American citizens could join the military and get a security clearance

ET

Could be wrong but my understanding is if you're not a citizen and join our military that after a time your citizenship is automatic.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Knowledge

Is it just me, or does there seem to be something wrong here. When or why did our government decide that this is the best course of action for our military and our country. I don't see any other country doing things like this, but we already know how whacky our government has become so this comes as no surprise. Before long, ETs, monkeys, and anything that knows how to aim a weapon and shoot will be allowed to join the ranks as well.

www.usatoday.com

You do know you do not be citizen to join the US military now right? It has been that way for a long time. Its is also that way in many countries. In fact through out recorded history it has always been common practice to have soliders who are foreigners. At least in this case they already live here, In fact to not do this would be an act of complete stupidity. So I am sure it will not happen.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1

Could be wrong but my understanding is if you're not a citizen and join our military that after a time your citizenship is automatic.

That might me the case, now. But it was my understanding from the "drill instructor" actually called "TI" that he would still be subject to meeting criteria and filing paperwork for citizenship back in the 90s. Although, this may have changed, I do not know, personally. I was just surprised at the time to learn that military recruits were not required to be American citizens. I believe his MOS or AFPC was going to be something a kin to translator.

-ET

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

Here is some informaition that may answer your questions about foreigners joining the U.S. Military.

Military may Recruit Foreigners
Boston Globe | December 27, 2006
WASHINGTON - The armed forces, already struggling to meet recruiting goals, are considering expanding the number of noncitizens in the ranks -- including disputed proposals to open recruiting stations overseas and putting more immigrants on a faster track to U.S. citizenship if they volunteer -- according to Pentagon officials.

Foreign citizens serving in the U.S. military is a highly charged issue, which could expose the Pentagon to criticism that it is essentially using mercenaries to defend the country. Other analysts voice concern that a large contingent of noncitizens under arms could jeopardize national security or reflect badly on Americans' willingness to serve in uniform.

www.military.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
And yet again we continue down the same road of ancient Rome......

We have thousands of mercenary "troops" and now we turn to those beyond our borders to fill our ranks.

The good news....the end is near. The bad news...the end is near!

edit on 23-9-2010 by bismarcksea because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Well the illegals aren't helping our country in any other way, may as well have them join the military..... I would say a mandatory 4 year active service gives you citizenship, at least the won't be able to wave their mexican flags at our military bases....

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Its not just you, there is something terribly wrong here. So they want to be like other countries with less human rights and use children, those at a disadvantage, and therefore less than equal.

Not On My Watch!

Its up to Americans to police their system and get rid of it.

Its up to the rest of the world to boycott and stop dealing with America in any way if it ever implements low level abuses of children and humanity in the open like that! And that means work for the rest of us to make a lot of noise in our countries.

edit on 23-9-2010 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Hmm..Perhaps war is looming and they want to beef up the ranks beforehand?

top topics

join