It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olympic Project: camera traps hoping to snap Bigfoot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I am still on the fence about the existence of Sasquatch but am leaning towards believing it could exist. I was happy to find a site for a group of people who have taken 30 trail/ game cameras and set them up along game routes in the Olympic Mountains in Washington State trying to catch a glimpse of Bigfoot:

Olympic Project

I hope this isn't old news for most of you. I did search ATS and didn't see that this has been posted before.

I think this is a great idea and a legitimate technique in trying to gather more evidence to solve the Bigfoot debate.

I was disappointed to see that on one of the site's pages they posted some photos they say they think are possible Bigfoot body parts:

Possible Sasquatch Photos

My personal feelings are they should have waited to post photos until they had something more recognizable. I think that by posting these ambiguous photos it just gives skeptics more room to make fun of the "blobsquatch" phenomena and dismiss Bigfoot researchers as kooks. What do you think?

Even if you don't care about Sasquatch it is fun to look at the photos that the trail cams took of the local wildlife. Some great pictures of a cougar and her kittens, bears, elk, deer, and a bobcat.

I also should add that while I was disappointed about the possible Sasquatch photos being posted I do think what this group is doing is good and we need more people looking in a more organized way.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
The "Allies" can't find Osama bin Laden, do you really think that they will ever be able to find Bigfoot?

I mean REALLY find Bigfoot? .

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dampnickers

If Bigfoot exists, yes, I believe they will eventually have proof.

Bigfoot researchers actually want to find it as opposed to the people looking for Bin Laden. At least that is what I read in another forum here on ATS.

edit on 9/23/2010 by angrywhitechick because: Forgot to hit "reply to"

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I dont know what to believe when it comes to Bin Laden.

Bigfoot however, I think almost has to be true. There are too many stories dating back hundreds of years. Too many people who claim to have seen. Is it really that hard to believe?

We know there have to be giant squid in the ocean because we've seen their corpses. But do we know where to find them or where they hide? No

Plus, ancient human species fit the bigfoot bill. It could just be one of our distant relatives that we thought died out long ago, but somehow still exist in the deepest of forests.

All I know for sure is if ten people go in your back yard and say something stinks, there's a good chance there's going to be a pile of crap back there somewhere.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

What you're saying, there are too many reports to ignore the existence of Bigfoot, is pretty much what sparked my interest a few years ago. Since then I have read hundreds of reports and all the books and articles I can get my hands on. The thing I keep coming back to are how many reports are actually made by people who are in positions where they are trained to observe their surroundings. People like police officers, forest rangers, and military people. It makes me think there is something too this.

This is why I think the camera trap idea is great. The more evidence that can be gathered the better.

edit on 9/23/2010 by angrywhitechick because: Spelling error

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I think the photos are of a small creature either a bobcat or most likely a Raccoon. Just my two pennies.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowed

That is a good thought. I was thinking maybe it was a bear up really close to the lens but something that climbs makes a lot of sense.

They actually had a bobcat visit a couple of times.

edit on 9/24/2010 by angrywhitechick because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by angrywhitechick

Yea , those pics aren't enough to make a call either way .

I agree , eventually someone will come up with something conclusive . We have our share of reports here in Oklahoma but , no real evidence .

The Kiamichi Mountains in the southeast portion of the state is home to numerous reports . I have been in those mountains after dark , and I can tell you one thing for sure , something is there . This area is not for the faint-of-heart .

I've been hanging out in nature all my life . I sometimes take off for a couple weeks at a time and go to an area that is frequented by very few humans . I had something charge towards me at a full run one night , only to stop abruptly at about 30-40 feet away . It remained motionless for 20-30 seconds , before thrashing off in the other direction .

Can't say for a fact what it was , as I never got to see it . It is dark and desolate in this area . The only thing I can say , is I just about peed my pants and had a heart attack at the same time .

Like I say , I've been going to the woods all my life . What ever this was , it was very large and very fast . And the odor was really rank . It was not a deer , I would have known . I really don't know what it was .

That was the only moment in my entire life that I have ever been totally terrified to the point that I absolutely could not move .

And , I've heard some vocals in those woods that will set your hair on end .

Anyway , I keep hoping someone comes up with something definitive .

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

Thanks for sharing your personal experience with me. I love hearing first hand accounts!

I'm curious. I know some people theorize that bigfoot uses infrasound as a way to scare people off. Did you have any feeling that this was being used against you?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by dampnickers
The "Allies" can't find Osama bin Laden, do you really think that they will ever be able to find Bigfoot?

I mean REALLY find Bigfoot? .

Stranger things have happened.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by angrywhitechick

I just found out about camera traps ...this is from LIVESCIENCE
Camera Trapped: Elusive Wildlife Caught in Photos

www.livescience.com...
edit on 23-9-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join