It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fear as a tool to keep us from uniting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I had some time on my hands today and I let my mind wander a little. Anyone who has read my posts knows that I like to play "what if" games in my head.

Anyway...

My thought was this:

What if there was a concerted effort to break up our communities through the sowing of fear in the populace? In other words, "Fear your neighbor, he/she could be a ________ (fill in the blank with a label of something/someone to fear, i.e. paedophile, sociopath, criminal, kidnapper, murderer, drug dealer/user, etc.).

I see more and more stories in the main stream media about bad people doing bad things. These people seem to be normal everyday people until they "go over the edge" or get caught doing something they have been doing all along (John Wayne Gacy, anyone?).

What if the sowing of fear to break up our communities was being done to prevent us from uniting against the powers that be by keeping us from talking to our neighbors/communities? Don't ban public gatherings, that is unconstitutional, make the people WANT to stay away from public gatherings.

I may be rambling here a bit, but I think you know what I am trying to get at....

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I guess I really am the only one who feels this way....lol

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Something I've noticed about ATS.
Every once in a while someone makes a post
that is too true, depressing, and really hits home.

They will get stars and, like, zero responses.
I don't think there is 'no one' who feels
they way you do, it's just that we
are all trying to pretend it
will go away.

David Grouchy

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by BomSquad

Here is the test.

Who are you afraid of and in what year?

Nazi’s
Bikers
North Koreans
Russians
Homeless people
Black people
White hillbillies
Italian mobsters
Asian Gangs
Hispanic gang bangers
Pedophile priests
Old white politicians
Closet gays
Crooked Cops
Crack whores
Muslim Terrorists

This is a short list off the cuff.
No wonder we trust nobody, and hate so easily.

I agree they have conditioned the world to fear; and it is irrational.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I just seems to me that there really seems to be an effort to get people to WANT to isolate themselves from their community by choice. If you make someone think that isolating themselves is in their own best interest, you are more likely to get their cooperation.

I tend to isolate myself from my community by choice, but that is because I have great difficulty hearing people. People don't tend to want to converse with you if you only seem to say "What?" every two seconds. lol
Carrying on a conversation becomes tiring as I stain to be able to understand the person who is trying to talk to me. The worst part is that my hearing is "fine". Every time I get a hearing test I always test within the acceptable range, but then again I am in a sound proof room. As soon as there is any other noise, all I hear is Charlie Brown's parents. lol. Waa Waa Waa Waa Waaaaa. So I have basically given up meeting new people, and only interact with those I am required to, out of frustration.

But I digress.

The media often seems to make gatherings and protests seem dangerous and out of control. There have been reports of agent provocateurs causing trouble at gatherings and protests in order to break them up or get them bad press.

I don't know...maybe it is just a general feeling of "something fishy going on"...

top topics

join