It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being Gay isnt natural

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Many of the replies accuse the OP of being bigoted and have a subconscious problem with gays. Its an understandable emotional and sanctimonious outburst. But I do believe what the OP is really asking is why are there human behaviors that go against "our" understanding of nature.

Homosexuality may very well be natural, maybe "our" scientists didn't do a very good job integrating into our textbooks and journals. As we have currently observed in nature, animals show fascinating behaviors to ensure the survival of their species ; migrations, courting, even dying just for the purpose of reproducing, etc. What the OP wants to know is, as animals we humans also go through great lengths to reproduce, but show a behavior that would be contradictory to those efforts.

Hes not attacking anyone, its a valid inquiry of human behavior in reference to our understanding of nature. From this statement I just made we can come up with several conclusions.
1. Homosexuality is natural yet not fully accepted as such by certain scientists or institutions.
2. Our present understanding of nature is flawed.
3. We don't have enough research knowledge to yet come to a fully enlightened conclusion.
4. We have all the necessary knowledge to come to a conclusion but don't want to come to a conclusion, and just accept our previous and current beliefs.
5. I won't list all of them.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jheated5
I agree that it's not natural at all because there are men and women you put two of them together and they make a child... If it was natural the majority of the population would be gay not a minority..... I have no problems with a gay persons life style, I'm all for it let them be who they are is what I say.... Maybe being natural isn't the word that should be used maybe it should be practical....

Is it practical to mass-produce Nuclear weapons...officially the last count for the US was around five-thousand nuclear bombs, and the old Soviet Union had forty-two thousand at the height of their power. Once again, we only care about the practicality of things when they don't fit our paradigms...if you're really after a society focused on practicality, then homosexuality is one of the last things on the "to do" list in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Originally posted by Soldier of God

Well I don't believe that Humans are animals and not capable of controlling their own desires.

Scientific classification Kingdom: Animalia Phylum: Chordata Class: Mammalia Order: Primates Family: Hominidae Subfamily: Homininae Tribe: Hominini Subtribe: Hominina Genus: Homo

source

Strip away all of the id and ego which comes from our advanced mental abilities and we are very much animals. Genus: Homo species: homo sapiens.

As for our ability to control our own desires - well that's a highly subjective process.

Sorry but that is just a name that another human gave us.

link   
I don't know what disturbs me more: The fact this thread was created or the fact people support your uncivilized theory.

Repulsive. That's the word that fits the description of those who don't accept homosexuality.

I pretty much lost faith in ATS at this point. I'm sad I even have to see this bigoted and disgusting thread existing on a great web site...let alone the Front Page.

But, to actually discuss the subject: Homosexuality isn't against human nature. It's beautiful and unflawed. Just like the love between a man and a woman. There is nothing wrong with it. You choose to have an issue with it, for whatever silly reason.

edit on 23-9-2010 by SeventhSeal because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Wow...You clearly have never even known a woman...'A Lady's Vagina...' what are you 12?
Since it's mostly protien it makes a good gargle...or so I've tried to convince almost every girl I ever dated....And it makes a wonderful hair gel...according to Hollywood....and a wonderful skin cream.....

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Well I don't believe that Humans are animals and not capable of controlling their own desires.

Scientific classification Kingdom: Animalia Phylum: Chordata Class: Mammalia Order: Primates Family: Hominidae Subfamily: Homininae Tribe: Hominini Subtribe: Hominina Genus: Homo

source

Strip away all of the id and ego which comes from our advanced mental abilities and we are very much animals. Genus: Homo species: homo sapiens.

As for our ability to control our own desires - well that's a highly subjective process.

Sorry but that is just a name that another human gave us.

He's saying we evolved from simple animals and that by the same definition, we're animals.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Do animals expierence love the same way humans do? Is love just a human concept or does it exist in the animal kingdom as well?

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

Originally posted by Haydn_17

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

I'm sorry my friend but you need to let go of this idea that being "Gay" is wrong. There enough straight human beings in the world to keep the population stable. Not everyone is attracted to the same sex and for many, there attraction isnt enough for them to go chasing the fantasy.

Many homosexuals feel they have no choice - They simply are who they are. And if they are not hurting anyone, why then should we bother ourselves with how humans choose to love one another?

I understand that.

But what happens when the Gay population starts overtaking the Straight population?
It wont happen in our lifetime, but to someones generation there is a very big chance that it will.

Oh dear, when you speak like that you make it obvious your very homophobic. What do you dislike the most about gay people?

More so to the point, since the OP asserts that sexual activity or orientation which results in non-reproduction of the species (can't we also include hetero couples who practice contraception as well, OP?) is a "Crime against nature and humanity" because without sperm donors and host mothers, gay and les reproduction is impossible - the OP has shown a logical absurdity in his / her "reasoning".

If the crime against nature and humanity of gays and lesbians is non-reproduction thru sex, then how can the number of gays and lesbians grow to such an extent that it could threaten the survival of the species? Unless - OMFG - every hetero reproducing couple carries the ability to produce non-hetero offspring?

In which case THAT, Mr. / Ms OP - IS nature's choice to commit a "Crime" against itself in your flawed view.

OP, get over the antiquated church view that sex is ONLY appropriate & "Godly" for reproductive purposes.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I'm sorry but the argument I always here is that. "Being gay is natural, there is homosexuality in the animal kingdom" and honestly that is probably the worst thing to say. We are human, people, man! We should place ourselves above animals. So what if there is homosexuality in the animal kingdom? Some animals eat there young! does that mean it's "natural" for us to engage in cannibalism?

Don't get me wrong I don't think it's OK to judge anyone and everyone has there own rights. But I also believe homosexuality is unnatural. And please gay people or supporters get a different argument/statement than the whole animals are homosexual too. It just makes you guys seem very unintelligent.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
No actually... what you mean is that homosexuality is not conducive to reproduction or passing on one's genes. However, this has NO BEARING in any kind of valuation as a human being. That's like saying somebody born a eunuch or sterile is an abomination against humanity simply because they can't or don't reproduce.

The fact is, humans have ALWAYS exhibited some form of homosexuality, as have other animals. Homosexuality is a natural part of many species. Now of course, the vast majority of these species are NOT homosexual. The background incidence of homosexuality is about 10% (or 1 in 10 people) and typically doesn't change, so there's NO RISK of there being some worldwide homosexual conversion simply because we accept gays as we'd accept any other human.

Here's the reality:

Timeline of LGBT history

Homosexual behavior in animals

List of animals displaying homosexual behavior

Two-Spirit

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fantazams
I'm sorry but the argument I always here is that. "Being gay is natural, there is homosexuality in the animal kingdom" and honestly that is probably the worst thing to say. We are human, people, man! We should place ourselves above animals. So what if there is homosexuality in the animal kingdom? Some animals eat there young! does that mean it's "natural" for us to engage in cannibalism?

Don't get me wrong I don't think it's OK to judge anyone and everyone has there own rights. But I also believe homosexuality is unnatural. And please gay people or supporters get a different argument/statement than the whole animals are homosexual too. It just makes you guys seem very unintelligent.

Well when you claim homosexuality is not natural, we use a natural example to prove that statement is wrong. Unless you are saying animals aren't natural?

Oh, and we are animals in fact. More specifically, the homo sapiens.

And yea, I also agree that cannibalism is natural. Do I think it's right? No, becuase unlike homosexuality, cannabalism effects others. I don't care what you do with your life, as long as your not trying to murder and eat me or my fellow humans. But nevertheless, it is natural, just as murdering someone is natural but not OK. Apparently you need to research cannabalism also.

edit on 23-9-2010 by Good Intentions because: clarification

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Good Intentions
But nevertheless, it is natural, just as murdering someone is natural but not OK.

Unbelievable! It is NOT natural to murder someone! I can't believe you would even suggest that!
If you feel the need to murder, it is not natural it is very unnatural and demented.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

But nevertheless, it is natural, just as murdering someone is natural but not OK.

Unbelievable! It is NOT natural to murder someone! I can't believe you would even suggest that!
If you feel the need to murder, it is not natural it is very unnatural and demented.

Oh please, stop being so emotional.
Murder is a fact of life and nature, a huge amount of animals do it, including us.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by v01i0

You're so wrong. Howcome being gay is distinct of being part of nature? Gays are people too, y'know? There's homosexuality amongst animals as well. In fact, I consider gayness to be blessing in this overpopulated world. I want more gays (well, not to myself for I am straight)

-v

tell me this, when you are married as a gay/ whatever couple, to whom does the future belong to ?
Gay isn't part of Nature, having children is a like living miracle.

Having children also means, giving your future,dreams, hopes, ambitions to them, so when you die, your name, family will live on with your grandchildren.

But being gay is the opposite, when you die, its the end of you, you have kids, oh yes you can adopt kids, but in time, they will leave and have family of there own, and you will be probably wondering.

I just have got married and had kids.

Before turning gay, please think about the future.

I believe being is a choice, and thus is not related to nature.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Originally posted by v01i0

You're so wrong. Howcome being gay is distinct of being part of nature? Gays are people too, y'know? There's homosexuality amongst animals as well. In fact, I consider gayness to be blessing in this overpopulated world. I want more gays (well, not to myself for I am straight)

-v

tell me this, when you are married as a gay/ whatever couple, to whom does the future belong to ?
Gay isn't part of Nature, having children is a like living miracle.

Having children also means, giving your future,dreams, hopes, ambitions to them, so when you die, your name, family will live on with your grandchildren.

But being gay is the opposite, when you die, its the end of you, you have kids, oh yes you can adopt kids, but in time, they will leave and have family of there own, and you will be probably wondering.

I just have got married and had kids.

Before turning gay, please think about the future.

I believe being is a choice, and thus is not related to nature.

Except it isn't a choice.
Sorry mate, gay IS a part of nature, whether you think it is or not.

Also what do you mean by please think about the future? Gay people can have adopted kids who love them just as much as your kids love you, stop being so close minded.

edit on 23-9-2010 by hippomchippo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Well, homosexuals have survived eons for a reason. At the same time, I doubt that they are appearing in larger numbers as the years go on simply because it's more socially acceptable. I think there is something to be said about the vast changes to our environment in the last several decades. There are many different synthetic chemicals that are changing men's and woman's hormonal balances. While I would agree that having homosexuals in a given population isn't in itself bad for the group, perhaps after a certain threshold of gayness is reached, it's only down hill from there. I realize that gays come in all shapes, sizes, and attitudes, but still ... there's a certain bitchiness and narcissism that seems to generalize the majority of them. I don't think too much bitchiness and narcissism is a good thing.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
Well, homosexuals have survived eons for a reason. At the same time, I doubt that they are appearing in larger numbers as the years go on simply because it's more socially acceptable. I think there is something to be said about the vast changes to our environment in the last several decades. There are many different synthetic chemicals that are changing men's and woman's hormonal balances. While I would agree that having homosexuals in a given population isn't in itself bad for the group, perhaps after a certain threshold of gayness is reached, it's only down hill from there. I realize that gays come in all shapes, sizes, and attitudes, but still ... there's a certain bitchiness and narcissism that seems to generalize the majority of them. I don't think too much bitchiness and narcissism is a good thing.

You mean you generalize alot of them as bitchy and narcistic?
Personally, I see ALOT more straight narcissists, but I don't think it has ANYTHING to do with sexuality.
But hey, that's just me.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
to respond to the op, yes homosexuality is natural. it occurs in the natural world all the time. over 800 species have been recorded doing it.

humans are animals, only more highly evolved. evolution means added complexity, which is why some believe that they are no longer animals. however, if you look at it, and strip it down, you will see that quite a lot of our behaviours are mimicked in the animal world. all we do is add an extra layer of flash.

the reasons for homosexuality are varied (according to discover magazine): a smaller hyposthalomus; a gene that promotes fertility in females, but in males same sex attraction; cultural. the kinsey instutute discovered that most people fall on a scale of bi-sexuality. very few are completely hetero or homo sexual.

a tribe in guinea pratice instituionalized homosexuality. they live in two villages, one male, one female. boys at 8 go to the male village. the only time the males visit the females is twice a year, and that is to procreate. all other sexual behaviour is man on man. the reason is that they believe women, buy taking the essence of man (semen), they weaken the man. however, if a man takes that substance, it strengthens him.

so what have we learned. homosexual behaviour is natural. humans are animals. only human opinion determine if homosexuality is "right or wrong", as nature doesnt care. you can have your own opinion, but not your own facts.

btw, if homosexuality is genetic, then forcing gays to act straight and have children passes this gene along. if you truly want homosexuals to disappear, let them live their lives, and as you have stated they wont breed, so in a few generations the gene that produces homosexuality should disappear. just a thought.

edit on 23-9-2010 by stormson because: wanted to add a "btw" at the end.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

Oh please, stop being so emotional.
Murder is a fact of life and nature, a huge amount of animals do it, including us.

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realize your "opinion" was the only one that was valid. Please forgive me.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

That's exactly what I mean. Narcissists do seem to be pretty much everywhere these days, but I find many homosexuals to exhibit higher degrees of this than the norm.

Maybe it's just my limited metropolitan area of around 8 million which has one of the largest homosexual communities in the world.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join