It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being Gay isnt natural

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I know i have probaly offended a lot of people with this thread, i don't intend to, i just want to understand where has the instinct to reproduce with the opposite sex gone?

I'm sorry dude, I would have commented on this earlier had I digested it. Are you suggesting that homosexuality is new? Are you suggesting that most men do not want to strip a woman down and make sweet, sweet love to her
?

I am seriously disturbed by your thinking. Homosexuality is not like emigration, it is not a disease. You suggested that 1% of the UK is gay, then you suggest that maybe 10% will be gay in coming years like it is a disease. You are as stupid and ignorant as any individual on this board. You made this thread DAMN WELL KNOWING it would piss people off, expecting to get some mind-blowing answers to the homosexuality "epidemic." Grow up, grow a pair of nuts, because I would swear that you are just as gay as anyone in this world due to your continuing obsession with it. Do you have any idea HOW MANY FAMOUS PEOPLE have been gay. Look at Da Vinci, look at a whole gaggle of other inventors, poets, warriors, etc etc etc.

There is so much intelligent conversation taking place on ATS, yet on the front page of the recent discussion board I get side-tracked by childish crap like this. Your post is trash and I have added you to my ignore list, good work numb nuts!

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

You basic hypothesis is flawed. Homosexuality is quite natural (occuring in nature). It has been observed in almost 1500 species, including seagulls, who mate for life. So it is NOT just a human deviance, but instead something found quite commonly in nature, thus natural. It is also biological in nature, not some 'choice', as evidenced in studies that found that the structure of the brain is different in homosexual and heterosexual men.

Now as to your supposition that if everyone were to somehow wake up gay one day, the human race would disappear, well I am a gay man, and I also have a daughter (whom I adore), and three grandsons. Thus this part of your hypothesis is also flawed.

The real question you should be asking yourself is why do you have such a problem with homosexuals? Why does the existance of those who are different than you bother you so much?

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

But i still stand to my point that it isnt really a natural thing to feel.

I think you can logically and factually state that homosexuality isn't an natural thing to feel FOR YOU. To leave it open-ended (no pun intended) as you did makes it a blanket statement that a person has neither the right nor the breadth of information/data to state.

You were painting with a broad brush -- generalizing. We can all measure, think and decide what is natural for ourselves. Celebrate the differences -- those variances in the gene pool are closely linked to the development of human instinct, which you seem to think is waning.

I don't believe homosexuality is a choice. If it is not, then it is a factor of nature and thus natural.

If you believe homosexuality IS a choice, then I invite you to consider a time in your past where you weighed the pros and cons of each and DECIDED to become a heterosexual.

Celebrate the differences. Nature does.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

There is a whole bunch of chimpanzees, dogs, gorillas, and many many other species that naturally have sex with their male counterparts, I guess that’s them just sinning and being evil in your eyes.
I like beans but hate the taste of carrots, I guess that isn’t natural that’s me being bigoted towards carrots, I also like brunettes maybe that’s not natural.

These people and that’s what they are people are on the whole kind hard working and better people than a lot of so called puritans self righteous Christians, Muslims, Jews etc. You sir, should worry about your own soul and not everyone else’s. It should also make you happy as there will be more room for you in your heaven with all the other puritans.

With all the things going on in this world, starvation, disease, poverty, wars and corruption, to name a few, these are the things we should be focusing on, not whether someone loves another. Good luck mate.

Kindest regards

Billy

edit on 23-9-2010 by williamf because: sorry left a word out

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I like the theory that homosexuality is natures way of curbing a population.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Not everything in nature is meant to be understood - that includes people. People come in all shapes, forms and fashions as they should - makes for a nice variety if you ask me. Look around and you will notice other people beside gays you don't understand either - pick on some of those for a change. Pick on criminals or somethin - gee more bashing of my friends, go away!

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pentothal
Everything that exists is part of nature.

Child Molestation is a part of nature???
What world are you from?

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Being gay isn't natural .... who are you....the pope ?

Man, are you still living in the dark ages ? It's actualy guys like you who we don't need in this world...

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
our society is losing its instinct to reproduce

This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read on ATS.

edit on 23-9-2010 by MechanicalSunrise because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Ignorance, intolerance and discrimination are far worse things and you've just manage to commit all three of them.

Even in the animal world (which believe it or not we are part of) one can find animals of the same sex having intercourse. And they don't do too much fuss about it.

Humans on the other hand love manuals, creating standards, putting words on God's mouth and defining what is acceptable behavior or not just to create that false sense of superiority, being right and all the bundled crap.

You my friend needs to open your mind and start looking around. There are far more important things for you to do with your life or to bother about.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
You speak of "instincts" in the sense of the basic animalistic instinct to mate and then produce offspring with the opposite sex. These instincts have disappeared because society has been forcing them out of everyday life. If you want to talk about the core instinct for reproduction, it has very little to do with relationships and love. Do you think that the Lion over in Africa really walks up to the Lioness, compliments her, takes her out for a few meals of Zebra, then mates? Or do you think that the lion simply walks up, does what needs to be done, and walks away?

Civilization changed all that. Are we animals? Biologically, yes, we are mammals. But mentally we are something much different, and as such feel the need to push our basic instincts aside. You have the right to say that being gay isn't "natural" and that it is a crime against nature. I say look out into your driveway...is the car parked there "natural". Look around at your house, with all it's wonderful technology...is any of that natural? Human beings are far from natural creatures in this day and age...we only demand conformity in the name of nature when it suits our ideology and beliefs. Sorry, but I couldn't disagree with you more...I say welcome to the bright future, where everybody is #ed in their own special little way, and to look down on anybody for their lifestyle (whatever it may be) has no place in the here and now.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soldier of God

What world are you from?

Not in any way, shape, or form advocating the specific example you've chosen here, but...

Human beings are animals and part of nature - ergo any and everything we are capable of, that we do, or that we create is natural. Everything.

link   

Originally posted by Pentothal
Everything that exists is part of nature.

What world are you from?

Where does child molestation come from then?
The brain? Where does the brain come from again?

link   
How is homosexuality the demise of the species?... I'm pretty sure there are PLENTY of gay parents out there...

Just because they don't do the deed with the opposite sex doesn't mean they can't have children by other means..

The days of a man and a woman having 'sexual relations' being the only way to conceive are well and truly gone dude.. have been for a very very long time, how did you not notice?

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I agree that it's not natural at all because there are men and women you put two of them together and they make a child... If it was natural the majority of the population would be gay not a minority..... I have no problems with a gay persons life style, I'm all for it let them be who they are is what I say.... Maybe being natural isn't the word that should be used maybe it should be practical....

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

I disagree...you are not trying to understand...you are making spurious non fact statements...then asserting them 'TRUTH'...
If you did a little research you would find that in almost every species we know ,same sex mating relationships develop in about 5% of the mated pairs....many of these individuals also mate with the opposite gender also...it just happens....Oh,and by the way....No one just wakes up gay....so don't worry about it.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

What world are you from?

Not in any way, shape, or form advocating the specific example you've chosen here, but...

Human beings are animals and part of nature - ergo any and everything we are capable of, that we do, or that we create is natural. Everything.

Well I don't believe that Humans are animals and not capable of controlling their own desires.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

What world are you from?

Well I don't believe that Humans are animals and not capable of controlling their own desires.

Oh god please don't let this topic delve into evolution vs creationism.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

What world are you from?

Oh god please don't let this topic delve into evolution vs creationism.

Then don't bring it up...

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Scientific classification Kingdom: Animalia Phylum: Chordata Class: Mammalia Order: Primates Family: Hominidae Subfamily: Homininae Tribe: Hominini Subtribe: Hominina Genus: Homo

source

Strip away all of the id and ego which comes from our advanced mental abilities and we are very much animals. Genus: Homo species: homo sapiens.

As for our ability to control our own desires - well that's a highly subjective process.

ETA - This won't devolve into creation v. evolution! Even if God created us we are still natural - thus only able to create things which exist in nature!

edit on 9/23/10 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join