I hate to dive into this, cause it's like trying to convince a democrat a republican is right about something
The OP's poorly worded post was intended, imo, to start a biological discussion about reproduction and the animal urges that humans feel in order to
procreate. All the knee jerk, PC responses reveal that when it comes to some subjects, you aren't very open minded to discuss facts and ideas at
all. As someone else posted, they could post a 'religion is BS' topic and no one would bat an eye.
So here's some facts to help get this thread going in somewhat the direction it was intended:
A) Homosexuality is a choice, and Homosexuality is not a choice. To further confuse, homosexuality is a choice made under duress.
1. Many people are born with feelings and attractions to the other sex. It is clear that these people are indeed born homosexual.
2. Some people are exposed to homosexuality and enjoy it, and adapt to it, becoming homosexual or bisexual.
3. Some people may have been born heterosexual, but through sexual or other trauma in their lives they are unable or unwilling to expose themselves to
the opposite sex. We are still wired to want companionship, and homosexuality is the only choice aside from being very alone in life.
B) Homosexuality is appearing to be on the rise. Again there are three factors:
1. Growing social acceptance of homosexuality in the last 30+ years has created an environment where homosexual people can come out without the
traditional fears of being shunned, abused and demeaned.
2. The same growing acceptance allows people who are in a position to experiment with homosexuality to act on their curiosities without the same fear
of retribution, ergo more people are trying and liking a homosexual lifestyle.
3. Sexual abuse has become so common and widespread in our society that the number of people who are affected by heterosexual intimacy issues has
skyrocketed. No I didn't do research on that today, but I have in the past, feel free to put in the time to verify. I believe that today 1:4 women
experience some form of sexual abuse/assault in their lifetime. That's 25%. That's HORRIBLE. I *think* the same statistic for males is 1:10, but I
am not as sure of that number. Again, HORRIBLE.
C) What happened to the natural instinct to reproduce? For this question we have to look at the "born homosexuals", the other 2 categories I listed
have too many social variables to properly answer the question.
Who knows? Social and Biological scientists have put their minds to this question for some time now, and there are many theories but no one has come
up with a smoking gun to explain homosexual urges.
I googled "scientific theories for homosexuality" and got tons of great links, this is the first on the list, with some great scientific data
regarding ideas and theories on your question:
Anyhow, hope that bit helps, everyone else, don't profess to be open minded and analytical, but then immediately resort to childish attacks and
condemnation when the PC topic of the moment is brought up in a questionable light.
Deny Ignorance my friends.