It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being Gay isnt natural

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by texastig

created adam and eve
not adam and steve.

Te plumbing is meant and naturally built for the male o fit into female for purpose of procreation.
the only reason orgasm is included, is how else are you going to get women to get pregnant over and oover again.pregnancy is hard and painful.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by slugger9787

You do know that men have orgasms too don't you?

Originally posted by texastig

Your not getting my point. The penis was made for the vagina.

The penis was also made for the excretion of waste products. The proper place for those waste products is not the vagina. Perhaps it was made for more than one thing?

edit on 25-9-2010 by Curiousisall because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigogirl
To be honest, again, I think this example just continues to promote a culture of ignorance and fear of anything seemingly out of the ordinary. Kids will only react to something like this if the adults around them treat it as something to be condemned. Does it really matter what anybody is wearing? Children do not need sheltering from diversity! Therefore my opinion remains that kids deserve more credit!

This attitude isn't limited to just schools, it's prevalent throughout society. I went to school in the 70's and the 80's, my kids the 90's and the 2000's. It's the same, and not just when adults point it out. The poorer kids are systematically abused, same with the kids who have serious home issues. All of the liberalism of the world isn't going to change that as soon as the other kids find out lil' Timmy has 2 moms or 2 dads, lil' Timmy better learn to fight real fast or get used to having his butt kicked daily.

..Ex

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
My penis can be used for multiple things...sweet! I may not be back for a while

I don't understand why this thread continues on, how can homosexuality be un-natural?

It has existed in humans since long before we had the technological capacity to "make" homosexuals....o wait, we still can't do that. So it must be natural as it was created and formed in nature.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Ladies and Gentlemen, Welcome to Beck, Rush, Hannity, ad nausium.

You need to blame all this on God. He gave Adam Eve, because Adam was bored.

It's hard to find a good hobby isn't.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by v3_exceed

I think I understand where you are coming from, and I quite agree that you are never going to totally eradicate bullying behaviour in some, but what you also seem to be inferring is that you're damned if you do and damned if you don't, so of what benefit would it be to deny gay parents the right to raise children? I think the post important factor here that neither of us has mentioned is that these children are coming from loving homes - surely that is paramount above all else? For example, would you not prefer for a child to be brought up in a loving and encouraging home which happens to have gay parents, than one with heterosexual parents who couldn't give a damn about their kids? The fact that homosexual parents have to go through rigorous procedures in order to be able to adopt etc. shows that having a child is a very conscious and thought out choice, not just a consequence of heterosexual? [taking into account that of course many heterosexuals DO plan families!]

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

edit on 25-9-2010 by archetype_one because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigogirl

gay couples have the highest rates of domestiv violence there is.
sure would work to raise future bullies.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Sorry I have to re respond as your response was formatted weirdly

Originally posted by Indigogirl
I never said anything about procreation - I was talking about the right for gay individuals to raise a child. Millions of people raise children who are not biologically theirs through adoption or fostering etc. for many different reasons. For example, they may have been infertile. 'Nature' also includes homosexuals, so whilst they may not be able to reproduce, I do not accept that they should be described as unnatural.

The point of the thread is if homosexuality is unnatural. So this would mean...by way of nature. My argument is that homosexuality is indeed by way of nature, but the raising of children should be limited to those that can procreate naturally. Of course adoptions and the like exist in today's society, but so do abortions and I don't agree with those either unless in the case of rape or danger to the mother.

I think this is a very simplistic way of accounting for the changes in society over the past sixty years! You then say that you aren't saying that this is becuase of women in the workplace, so why throw it in there? Are you trying to sew the seeds of association?
The fact remains that kids are ALWAYS going to get picked on at school for one thing or another. It's part of the growing up process and the shaping of an individual. Everyone will at some time in their life have been picked on for one thing or another - that's life. It is the perpetuation of ignorance and the fear of the change and evolution to family dynamics passed on from parents and the media to their children which is the source of bullying because of individual difference. The sooner we can stand up to this bogotry the better. Give kids the credit they deserve - if they come from a loving family - whether it be a hetero or homosexual unit - they will rise above the ignorance of those around them in the knowledge that they are loved unconditionally.

Talk about double speak. You referred to the state of society sixty years ago, and my rebuttal is considered a simplistic method of accounting for past changes in society? Actually it's as valid as your point. Yes it can be considered that there is an association between women in the workplace and the fall of the family unit. There is a stigma within society of sixty years ago that persists today where it pertains to homosexual couples and family rearing. Perhaps in some Utopian society tolerance and love reign supreme, but as long as we don't live in that society we have a responsibility to our children to not put them in harms way based on our perception of how we think things should be.

I would like to be welcomed into wholly black communities in places like Harlem. Now for me to perm my hair, and start acting all rapper esque would only serve for me to get my butt kicked in those neighborhoods. Why is it that I can't "naturally" be welcomed into those neighborhoods? Bigotry is not limited to only white people, or straight people, it is a trait of all people.

I think the real point that is trying to be expressed is that same sex couples should have all of the same rights as any other couple. And to a point, I have already said I agree. However when those rights come at a cost to a third party in the way of daily abuse and a reduction of quality of life then I have to disagree. (in this case getting your butt kicked everyday or so is a reduction of quality of life for the kid) This same argument could be related to how slave owners may have felt it was their right to live how they wanted regardless of how that life affected the existence of the slaves.

..Ex

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by slugger9787
reply to post by Indigogirl

gay couples have the highest rates of domestiv violence there is.
sure would work to raise future bullies.

What?! I hope you have some sources to back this 'factual' statement up with.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by slugger9787

You got a source to back that up??? Or are you just repeating something you heard at a meeting of the Tight Butt Club??? If you have a legitimate source that supports that claim, then maybe you have a leg to stand on, but I doubt that very much...

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by v3_exceed

The point of the thread is if homosexuality is unnatural. So this would mean...by way of nature. My argument is that homosexuality is indeed by way of nature, but the raising of children should be limited to those that can procreate naturally. Of course adoptions and the like exist in today's society, but so do abortions and I don't agree with those either unless in the case of rape or danger to the mother.

But but but...

Gay adoption is natural too. It occurs in nature. And around we go...

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curiousisall
But but but...

I have yet to see 2 same sex dogs in a committed relationship adopt another dog....sorry
In fact, I have yet to see any same sex couples in committed relationships in nature except for mankind so your statement that gay adoption is natural requires some reference. I think you just refuse to understand what I'm getting at so I'm going to stop bothering.

..Ex

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Apologies for the odd format - I'm still getting to grips with all this! Little help? :s

[The point of the thread is if homosexuality is unnatural. So this would mean...by way of nature. My argument is "that homosexuality is indeed by way of nature, but the raising of children should be limited to those that can procreate naturally. Of course adoptions and the like exist in today's society, but so do abortions and I don't agree with those either unless in the case of rape or danger to the mother.]"

"[There is a stigma within society of sixty years ago that persists today where it pertains to homosexual couples and family rearing. Perhaps in some Utopian society tolerance and love reign supreme, but as long as we don't live in that society we have a responsibility to our children to not put them in harms way based on our perception of how we think things should be.]"

Hmm, from your reply am I right in presuming that you are from North America? I only ask because of your reference to a 'Utopian society' and I was feeling some pretty big cultural chasms between us! Diversity and inclusion in society is the norm for me.

"[I would like to be welcomed into wholly black communities in places like Harlem. Now for me to perm my hair, and start acting all rapper esque would only serve for me to get my butt kicked in those neighborhoods. Why is it that I can't "naturally" be welcomed into those neighborhoods? Bigotry is not limited to only white people, or straight people, it is a trait of all people.]"

Again, I ask here whether the few are marring the reputation of the many here? Also, why would you want to try and imitate a stereotype in order to try and becoming intergrated with a different culture? :/

"[I think the real point that is trying to be expressed is that same sex couples should have all of the same rights as any other couple. And to a point, I have already said I agree. However when those rights come at a cost to a third party in the way of daily abuse and a reduction of quality of life then I have to disagree. (in this case getting your butt kicked everyday or so is a reduction of quality of life for the kid) This same argument could be related to how slave owners may have felt it was their right to live how they wanted regardless of how that life affected the existence of the slaves.]"

On this point I think we're going to have to agree to disagree, but I've enjoyed knocking ideas back and forth with you

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curiousisall
But but but...

I have yet to see 2 same sex dogs in a committed relationship adopt another dog....sorry
In fact, I have yet to see any same sex couples in committed relationships in nature except for mankind so your statement that gay adoption is natural requires some reference. I think you just refuse to understand what I'm getting at so I'm going to stop bothering.

..Ex

No, please do not stop. I applaud your efforts. Really I do. I just thought anyone making such bold and seemingly "knowledgable" claims about an issue would have all the pertinent information at least in the periphery.

Gay Flamingos adopt a baby…

My two dads: Gay penguins adopt an egg and hatch a chick

Please, keep bothering.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by v3_exceed

umm...it happens.....
it was observed in some type of bird...
the birds would take the eggs that were abandoned as their own, hatch them and raise the chicks....
if I can find the time, I'll see if I can find the article I read on that...

but, I am sure it has happened!

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
It amazes me how many people on this site are close minded bible thumpers, seems contradictory to the nature of this site. Why is homosexuality a sin? Because some dude put it into a bible a few hundred years after Jesus died? I love the original teachings of Jesus but so many books where written by men who just wanted to hop on the bandwagon of Christianity. Do you think Jesus had anything to do with the formation of Christianity as a religion? No. Men created Christianity not Jesus or god. So you must take everything written after the death of Jesus with a grain of salt. A man who writes a book a hundred years later is subject to his own bias and prejudice and is no way directly from the mouth of god.
Do these bible thumpers know about the dozens of ludicrous rules and contradictions these later books dictate? Should you kill me because I work on the sabbath? Should I sell my daughter into slavery because the bible says its ok and moral? Wake up and realize that the foundation that homosexuality is a sin is just as ridiculous as me going to hell because I eat pork.
Jesus has some great teaching though but that's where I stopped because the rest just didn't make any god damn sense.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

This attitude isn't limited to just schools, it's prevalent throughout society. I went to school in the 70's and the 80's, my kids the 90's and the 2000's. It's the same, and not just when adults point it out. The poorer kids are systematically abused, same with the kids who have serious home issues. All of the liberalism of the world isn't going to change that as soon as the other kids find out lil' Timmy has 2 moms or 2 dads, lil' Timmy better learn to fight real fast or get used to having his butt kicked daily.

Now that's an argument with a long history.

The Evils of Miscegenation

Another issue that needs to be taken into account is how confusing and tragic it must be for those people who are themselves racially mixed and often have problems at school. A CNN report found ‘for example, students who described their race as both black and white reported more difficulties than those who considered themselves solely black or solely white.’ It’s hard to imagine what it would be like for a child which does not really know where they belong. Most upsetting would be if they were the victim of being ostracized because of the fact that they may not be considered “black enough” or “white enough” for the other children, which would lead to frustration and disillusionment for that child.

Kids are now accustomed to children of all shades of skin-colour attending school now.
They got that way because of the varied race and mixed race kids attending school,
People do not get used to things if you hide those things away from them.

I don't know what it's like where you are, but kids at the local primary school are now also quite accustomed to some kids having two mums or two dads. They have got used to it.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
(Sorry if this has already been brought up. I don't have time to read the 30+ pages here to find out.)

This one question blows the whole premise out of the water:

Are hermaphrodites natural?

Case closed.

Nature does not always draw a distinct line between male and female.

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join