It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being Gay isnt natural

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
It could be that Thomas Malthus was correct after all and that the world will still reach natural limits of food, resources and carrying capacity that will result in drastic population declines--famine, wars, epidemics, etc, to act as "correctives" of over-population. If that's true, the "natural" thing is going to be to have even fewer childen as the population declines rapidly. We shall see...

Of course, all these ideas about gender and sexuality are all socially and cultually constructed anyway and vary greatly across time and location.

In the pre-industrial past, which is to say most of history, slavery and servitude were considered perfectly "natural", as were arranged marriages, no divorce, women being property of their husbands and fathers, children being property of their parents, and the father being master and patriarch of the household. All that changed with urbanization and industrialization, and more liberal-capitalist concepts about the free choice of individuals.

For most of history, life wasn't that way at all, and most people were not allowed much choice about anything. They probably would have been executed if they even talked that way, since there was a proper place for everyone and everyone was required to stay in their place.

edit on 23-9-2010 by witness63 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I don’t believe intolerance is a crime, but neither do I fear anything about gay people. Anyone who thinks gays are a crime against nature, is a criminal against the truth. Not only is about 10% of the mammal, animal kingdom homosexual, but the figure doesn’t change much either.

I think homosexuality is a weird mystery, the fact evolution would evolve to reduce our own species numbers by sexual “perversion” rather than simply by infertility-or even miscarriage.

So homosexuality this is evidence for a God, intelligent design- not against it. Just not a bible God. Of course some people will have been sufficiently indoctrinated to blame it on the devil.
All I'm saying is a Devil could do worse than to cause an element of the population to not reproduce children, yet live-out socially productive-beneficial lives, and reduce the growth of the human race (whilst not reducing it’s growth into recession).

As annoying, insecure (thanks to bloody Christians) and weird as gay people often are, its quite irrational to claim their existence is anything other than a force for good-god.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by quantum_flux
People don't get as much excercise as they used to and hence they don't digest their fatty diets in modern times. That leads to a decline in the production of adrenaline, and hence people are experimenting with anal, they are discovering that the prostate gland is many times more sensitive than the nerve endings at the tip of their penis, and that anal aids in the process of digestion as it causes the muscles in the gallbladder to contract and expand....more and more people are going gay as a result (my hypothesis).

Wow, not a single bit of that is medically true.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I'm noticing alot of people voicing their personal, honest opinions.

but im also noticing alot of people attacking them for it, not attacking their posts.

you say he's ignorant because he doesnt agree with you? stop being a baby and explain your side, instead of name calling and labelling.

takes guts to be honest especially when your opinion isnt the norm.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

I'm sorry my friend but you need to let go of this idea that being "Gay" is wrong. There enough straight human beings in the world to keep the population stable. Not everyone is attracted to the same sex and for many, there attraction isnt enough for them to go chasing the fantasy.

Many homosexuals feel they have no choice - They simply are who they are. And if they are not hurting anyone, why then should we bother ourselves with how humans choose to love one another?

I understand that.

But what happens when the Gay population starts overtaking the Straight population?

It wont happen in our lifetime, but to someones generation there is a very big chance that it will.

That's some specious reasoning. The percent of the population that is gay is almost certainly static, it's just that more people are "out" now.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by quantum_flux
People don't get as much excercise as they used to and hence they don't digest their fatty diets in modern times. That leads to a decline in the production of adrenaline, and hence people are experimenting with anal, they are discovering that the prostate gland is many times more sensitive than the nerve endings at the tip of their penis, and that anal aids in the process of digestion as it causes the muscles in the gallbladder to contract and expand....more and more people are going gay as a result (my hypothesis).

This is a chicken-or-egg-first argument you're making. You are suggesting that an increased desire for prostate stimulation is causing the gay population to expand. Your logic is: anal sex leads to homosexuality :Rather Than: homosexuality leads to anal sex. Your logic is flawed. I think perhaps your idea comes from the notion that people choose their sexuality. But I don't remember ever having a choice... being heterosexual just occurred naturally for me.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Being Gay is very much natural and a certain percentage of humanity will always be gay. A very good frined of mine is gay and he said to me that he was never sexually abused as a child and was born that way. He liked to play with barbie and dolls since young age, and since elementary school he liked to look at other boys, rather then girls.

I also have a nephew who is 13 years old now and definitely is gay. He was always a little bit different then other boys since very young age. For instance he would always insist to look sharp with combed hair and everytime his parents took a picture of him he would always pose with a big smile, while his friends could not care less.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Some people are just ignorant..You are born gay or straight.Its not something you can control unless you hide it for your entire life.This is not the 1800s or early 1900s and everyone should be allowed to be with whom they choose gay or straight and live a life of happiness and not have to worry about being bashed for being different.This is just wrong,Very wrong.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Lighten up, it is a quote from the film 'The Last Supper' where a priest is invited to dinner where the guests are liberal students and kill anyone they cannot convert to their way of thinking.

The priest says that line, he gets killed for it.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

The mistake is to think that you know what is and is not part of the natural world.

Open your mind, it will set you free.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Homosexuality is for all intents and purposes a birth defect. In that sense, it's not "normal'

Who CHOOSES a birth defect though? Nobody I know of. Moral judgment? Yeah whatever.

I knew gay guys I grew up with and we knew as early as 8 years old they were gay. Every gay man I've ever known knew he was gay as far back as they remember.

They never made a choice....it chose them.

Are we STILL debating this in 2010? And is it important?

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I believe we are not animals but similar to and we humans have thinking and reasoning that animals lack, we do have a lot of things in common and just a few differences such as: thinking process, reasoning conception, speak loud to the air, have a memory and are able to be educated. We are special, the precious human race, we have many colors, sizes, shapes, and tastes and able to travel and built immensinlgy great arquitectonic jewels that we often become proud of knowing that we can still do a lot but is just lack of suffient time to make one single life shine to the infinite in innumerable ways for other generations to learn and build up a path for themselves.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
This is one of the most stupidest threads i've ever read. I just wanted to make that point.
I would rather have gay friends than friends who are assholes.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
1. There are homosexual relations between animals in nature.

2. The purpose of life is not to reproduce.

3. Live and let live. Don't be a bigot.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
It's ok, once the takeover is finished all the gays will be shot.

They will have served their purpose, along with the radicals and revolutionaries.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soldier of God
reply to post by hippomchippo

Oh well, it's clear that we disagree. So be it.

I don't want to be nit picky here, but humans ARE animals.

We are mamals.

Humans are animals. The human's phylum is Chordata (vertebrate). The human's class is mammalia. It's order is primate (the same as apes). It's family is Hominidae (apes that have no tail and can gather food with their hands.) The Human's sub-family is Homininae. It's tribe is Hominini. It's genus is Homo and it's specie is scientifically named Homo Sapiens.

You are entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts.

~Keeper

edit on 9/23/2010 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Headshot
It's ok, once the takeover is finished all the gays will be shot.

They will have served their purpose, along with the radicals and revolutionaries.

That's okay, I intend to be on the side that takes over, no matter who it is. Then I can have all my enemies shot and go have a sandwich.

I guess it's just that I've reached a certain age where I really don't care any more.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Being gay does not mean you can or will not reproduce.

Being gay has been completely normal in ancient Greek society. Ever wondered why the Olympics were originally in the nude... SEXY !

The animal kingdom also shows there are not a lot of species that do not show a few gays in their midst.

Being heterosexual does not mean you can or will reproduce.

Being gay is not really a genetic thing otherwise the gay sub species wouls indeed be extinct by now.

Being gay is not a disease. In fact a lot of gays are in perfect health.

Why is being gay not normal ? Only because there are more straight people ? O because gays are icky and they can give you cooties ?

I think it is good that there are a lot of gay people... They can keep each other company.

How would you like it if others will start to criticise what you do in your own bedroom ?

The idea that being gay is bad for reproduction ? Well... sombody is doing the bunny thing. We are 7 billion strong in the near future.

Personally I like gay people. I love looking at gay girls making out and gay men make good television. Gay men appear to have some sort of creativity talent...

Why I do not really care about someones sexuality ? Because in the end, WE are all human beings.
I'm notgay by the way...

I know a few who are nice people who I consider as my friends tho. One of them even has two children...

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Wow. The purpose of a virus is to reproduce indefinitely, and cows don't build cities. Humanity has moved beyond making 400 babies each and taking craps where we walk.

I do not disagree that humans are creatures like dogs, however being that we build spaceships and they haven't even found fire yet makes me think that there is a little bit more than being human than just being an animal. Humanity is something else entirely, different and above the rest.

Or maybe thats just me. Cause I wear clothes and use the internet. The op should consider that too

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I don't remember choosing to like chicks. I didn't wake up one day and make myself do it against some 'other' urge. I've never had the urge either to touch another man's "you know what" and fight my urge to contain myself.

In fact, any random gay thought that comes to my mind makes me giggle....because the thought is funny to me.

But it's NOT funny to gay people. They really had no choice in the matter, it floats their boat. They aren't pretending or choosing. Leave them alone and let them do what they do, there are enough troubles in the world way more important than 'teh gheyz'

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join