It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Silent Lightning Storm around Worcester/Birmingham

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
There is currently a rather large silent lightning storm around the Birmingham area, any members looking to the skies will see flashing and bolts of lightning, im filming it all, will upload tommorow, ive never seen a storm like this before, i know they are common in a few countries but its a first for me

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Weird, we had one of those in NY yesterday evening. Lightning strikes every 1-3 seconds or so, and no thunder or rain. Also a first for me. It was kind of spooky.

edit on 23-9-2010 by xiphias because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I thought this as well , its passing over north Birmingham now .
must be really high up or ? But its weird seeing bright flashes
and no sound......strange

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Hic sunt dracones

Reminded me of War of the worlds

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I just googled "lightning no thunder" and this popped up. You're not the only ones watching this it seems. But this bloke says plenty thunder, no rain.

LOUD thunder and frequent lightning flashes now above Birmingham....but no rain! Seems strange.

twitter.com...

Next bloke says no thunder though. Could the wind be carrying the noise away from some areas?

edit on 23-9-2010 by wigit because: eta

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
My cat usually hides when it thunders, but she hasnt noticed
and is sitting in the garden.....thats even stranger !

link   
WOW I live in Tamworth about what 15 - 20 miles from Birmingham and on reading this decided to take a look outside, as soon as I opened the door two flashes high up in the clouds and no thunder followed, time now is 20.13...........ahh just heard a low rumble as I type, so some thunder is happening too.

link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

I live in Virginia and that occurs quite frequently when it's warm....we call it heat lightning.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
We have those over cambs

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
North of Birmingham here!

We were actually discussing the storm earlier and in particular the seemingly constant rumbling of thunder with very little lightening! Odd.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
We have just had a heavy downpour pass by in the last couple of hours - there was only one flash of lightning with thunder altough it was abouta mile from here. Came along the M40 corridor heading towards London (probably there now). We then had a discussion about thunder stroms and the general lack of them this year despite all the humid weather.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
All due respect fellas but from Walsall here and its very noisy especially the two big bangs about 30 mins from now ( 20:55 ) beautiful to watch tainted by the cries of terror from my wee boys so did the dad thing and all huddled on the settee and got them to laugh through it, some parts of the area are completely flooded out also

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
I just googled "lightning no thunder" and this popped up. You're not the only ones watching this it seems. But this bloke says plenty thunder, no rain.

LOUD thunder and frequent lightning flashes now above Birmingham....but no rain! Seems strange.

twitter.com...

Next bloke says no thunder though. Could the wind be carrying the noise away from some areas?

When I posted there was no wind then and non now, the trees totally still but the nearby power lines are fizzing like crazy.

new topics

top topics

join