It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Search for water on Mars delayed.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I believe that they are hiding something from us on mars my theory is simple, there hiding water, why, I got ideas but I cant be sure. Mars Express has been delayed in its search for water due to uncertainties over its deployment of the antenna, which will be able to locate water, it may swing back and hit the spacecraft causing damage. Genuine enough excuse, I guess. You can read the full story at the link below.

news.bbc.co.uk...

I noticed how on the spinning image of mars on the below link you can view images of mars only on its red surface no images of the darker surface. Why?

www.esa.int...

[edit on 24-6-2004 by kode]

[edit on 24-6-2004 by kode]

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   
i don't think anything is being hidden. i think it's a genuine malfunction. why do i think this? well, point a) we ALREADY KNOW, and HAVE KNOWN, for some time that there is water on mars. it is mainly concentrated around the poles, frozen of course, and mixed with frozen CO2 (dry ice). also, around some crater lips and other areas of mars there is frost. what they are looking for is liquid water. now if they could find liquid water it would GREATLY speed up the process of getting a manned mission to mars. this is because then less water would be needed on board to complete the mission.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I still think there hiding something up there. There are lots of pictorial anomalies one of which seems to be the absence of pictures. They have had enough satellites orbiting that planet for long enough to be able to give us the full picture, but I can�t find them. Especially pictures of the poles.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a "global mosaic" of mars, including pictures of the poles courtesy of NASA's Mars Global Surveyor. i'm just posting the link, since the picture is immense to say the least.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

as for "pictoral anomalies," show me some and i'll try and find a debunking of it, if not debunk it myself.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Thanks cmdrkeenkid. I do have a few pictures of the mars poles, but what is bugging me is that there are no clean up close shots which, I would have thought, they would have been able to get. They know that the poles shrink and expand, so where does all that frozen ice go when it melts?

What is this?

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by kode
They know that the poles shrink and expand, so where does all that frozen ice go when it melts?

in the summer it evaporates into the atmosphere.

[quoteWhat is this?
it looks like a trench of sorts. do you know where on mars that was taken or can you give a website that you got the picture from?

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
The picture was from one of those gif orientated sites promoting all kinds of alien conspiracies the site might have been Mac tonnies cydonian imperative. All I know is that it was called the mars glass tube/worm.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   

This picture of the tube was taken by the mars global surveyor, as to the colour image im not sure. Lots of speculation as to what it is i.e. alien or natural. It has been likened to the marks that were left behind when mining companies used huge floating dredges to reach the last of the gold in the Klondike, Canada. The "tubes" may be the remains of an alien infrastructure.

I think if they were to find water on mars then it would hasten the progress to manned missions. The reason they are hiding the water, IMHO is that it does not fit into the plans of the elite who still have money invested else where and the progress might create a vacuum in those investments.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
maybe there not looking for water
and are looking for oil

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
But looking for oil would be pointless. Oil is a contributor to global warming and the race is on to find a clean power source. Would earth be so silly. I don�t think so. I hope not.

[edit on 26-6-2004 by kode]

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
i cant believe you would even think they are looking for oil. 'LOL'-'ROFL'-etc-etc-etc. we dont even have the technology to get much there, let alone there AND back again, with tons and tons of oil onboard. 'rofl' indeed.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Nothing is being hidden on Mars, what are all these pictorial annomolies you speak of.

new topics

top topics

join