It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucid attempt felt like I was in mud

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I am just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience

For a couple months now I have been slowly working on lucid dreaming techniques, meditation, and what not.

This was a couple weeks ago now but I still remember how strange it all felt. As suggested by many of the lucid dreaming guide's I awoke about 4 hours into my sleep for about 30 minutes. I had a smoke and a drink of water and returned to the comfort of my bed.

The details of my dream itself escape my but what I was think in my dream is still as vivid as ever. The entire dream felt like I was in mud or on some high gravity planet. I remember fighting to just walk and move my arm's but I could only move at about a turtle's speed. Even speech and thought were slowed, as if I had to mentally process each individual letter in a word.

For some reason I was still unable to realize this was just a dream and break free of my unconscious boundaries.

I just kept thinking to myself, how did I get like this? and Is this going to last for ever?

It was the most physically exhausting dream I have ever had. Also I feel this was the closest I have actually come to being lucid. My thought's were developing freely, just not the correct one's. I was still tricked into believing this state was reality.

I am wondering now if my smoke affected my dream, has anyone else experienced varying state's of consciousness depending on what is ingested prior to sleeping?

GummB

edit on 23-9-2010 by GummB because: spelling

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
So anyone have a similar experience, was this just a step towards successful lucid dreaming or just a whacked out dream?

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
so i am assuming i am alone on this one

edit on 25-9-2010 by GummB because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
God! Memories! When you're starting to lucid dream you'll learn how to control your dreams. When you dream and try to take control it would be very difficult and maybe even painful. Just keep at it. When I was starting to lucid dream when I was a kid I felt the same way. Relax and think clearly more.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
Relax and think clearly more.

that was most likely my problem... I was developing my thoughts quite easily however I never thought I was in a dream. Like you said, had I stopped panicking about me being in slow motion I probably would have realized it was not reality and therefore a dream.
Since then I haven't had as much success, and that was far from successful

top topics

join