It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5-absurd-but-mind-blowing-pop-culture-conspiracy-theories

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
not sure if this is the right area to put this as its from cracked so its not realy news but talks about a bunch of (in their opinion) plainly debunked myths involveing conspiracy threorys heres the link so i dont forget www.cracked.com...

some of the stuff they posted i had never heard of and some i still havent stopped hearing about since they happined (911 etc) so i guess ill see what fellow members of ats think

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I think you should quote some of the material and tell us your opinion before asking ours.

MOTF!

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
good link

harry potter one had my laughing

wait... that whole document had me laughing
I think the author is a little bias

edit on 23-9-2010 by GummB because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
They say the illuminati is bull# because it was invented by an American author in 1975?

Uhhh.... Bavaria anyone?

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
it was ment to be satirical but a few of them are pretty far off ie the harry potter one for example as a "conspiracy to spread homosexuality" was priceless and i hadent heard some of the 9/11 comparisons to the Simpson's or any of the other references but yeah there definatly biased but they usualy try to do it for a laugh and we could all probably use a good laugh every now and then

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Pointing out the absurdity of some conspiracy theories actually helps keep some theorists grounded I think. Without something to pull people back to reality it would be easy to drift off into la-la land.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Yeah I saw this yesterday I think. I found it pretty interesting... I had never heard about the Stanley Kubrick and the moon hoax thing. Makes we want to watch The Shining again..

But I thought they were a little harsh on Alex Jones. Say you want to say about him, but they made him out to be a Jew-hater. Which to me seems pretty wrong. I mean, a lot of the criticism on the web about him, is that he is not anti-sematic enough. Im not sure where they got that..

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeanius
They say the illuminati is bull# because it was invented by an American author in 1975?

Uhhh.... Bavaria anyone?
That's not what it says at all. It says "the Illuminatus! trilogy that spawned the Illuminati craze is both fictional and released after both the book and the film…" which is entirely true. Shea & Wilson's trilogy pretty much ignited the whole conspiracy movement that's still around 35 years after they published. They're almost singlehandedly responsible for the current misconception that the eye in the pyramid on the back of the dollar bill was an Illuminati symbol. (they, in turn, picked it up from the hoax William Guy Carr published in 1955, Pawns in the Game...)

top topics

join