It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Imprisoned since Birth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I am writing this because I believe its something that has been on my mind for a little while, its more than a realisation than anything.

From birth you are handed to your parents/guardians.
They look after you until by law you have to attend school.. - Prison...
Once you finish school you must choose to go to college, Uni or find work - Prisons...

Why is it this happens. We are human beings and animals like any other on this planet, They are not forced to do what they do with their lives...

I would love to live my life how I wanted rather than being told what is against the law and what is deemed acceptable by society.

I would like to know if any of you guys have thought the same as me.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePacifist

For one, you are wrong. No one forces your parents to take care of you, no one forces you to go to school or work, and even if they did, none of those things are equal to prison.

Now, Human babies are just about the most helpless of any species. I don't know any other animal species that requires at least 10 years of mothering before it can survive on its own. So, if you don't have the "prison" of a mothers care, you will have a few days of the blissfulness of starvation, suffering, and abandonment.

After 15-20 years of torturesome love and nurturing, you don't have to do anything ever again. But, since we do live in a "society" and we do like to eat, and we are born with physical and mental abilities that like to be challenged, 99% of us "choose" to do something with our lives and our talents and so we choose military, university, or work. I know, I know, why can't we all just inherit an XBox 360 and free utilities and pizza deliveries upon turning 18? It is a terrible, terrible world we live in that expects us to go out and contribute something of our own before receiving some benefits back.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
You cannot live on nothing, you need to work for money. unless you want to become a wildman living in nature.

you could always work hard to become rich,retire young and live the life you always wanted.r anyone could do this no matter what background you are from. im not saying you are guauranteed to succeed though.

You say we are slaves, maybe we are. but ill tell you what, i have a much better life than people in poorer countries. No matter how bad things get, i think of this.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
So if you had been allowed to do as you wish from birth what would you have done differently? Society's a long way from perfect but I think the basic ideas of doing what your parents say and going to school aren't that bad really. Sure school could be a lot different but if you don't learn some basic skills in your youth then you're going to struggle later on.

What you do once you leave school is up to you. You don't HAVE to get an office job and slave away for the man. But you should do something, something that you consider to be of benefit to society and fun preferably!

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
if u dont go to school or work, what will you do with your life? who will take care of you?

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
You all seem to have misunderstood me. I know that morals are good and things like that. I was merely saying why do we have to be enslaved. I wasn't saying that we should be given everything. I was basically just pointing out that you don't get a real say over your life because you have to follow laws and rules.

I am not wrong because I didn't say this was proven fact for one. I was saying what I was thinking, Are you saying I am wrong to think its illegal to not go to school in the UK?

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
It's not slavery, it's civilization.
Don't be so darn dramatic! Look up The Social Contract.
We all agree to give up some personal liberty for the good of the whole.
This is why we have laws. In the end we all benfiet much greater than from chaos.
You CAN live the way you want ( within reason), but first you need to actually know what you want, then it's up to you, and only you, to figure out how to do it.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I don't know about UK, but in the US people often misunderstand whether or not it is legal to not put your kids in school. There are some ways that parents can get into trouble, but there are also plenty of ways to keep your kids out of school without getting into trouble.

Are you proposing that very young children decide for themselves?

Are the parents perpetrators of this slavery, or just "the man?" If school was 100% voluntary, do you think it would make a big difference? Do you think a lot of parents would opt out of educating their children?

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

sounds nice, but unfortunately not everyones life is a walk down a sunny beach
sometimes when you are born your mother is a crack head, or a drunk
sometimes your father beats you or molests you
sometimes you get a s### job and child support instead of a nice education and a career
just because you had a nice childhood and your mommy and daddy paid your way through school doesn't mean that everyone is so fortunate. no offense.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by 2weird2live2rare2die

That is true, but that wasn't the topic of the OP. He was claiming that those good parents that "force" their kids to live in the home and go to school and grow up and get jobs are the bad parents.

I think according to the OP, those parents you mention would be the good ones? They are uninvolved in the life of the child, and therefore the child has more "freedom." Perhaps the OP would have preferred the type of neglectful, alcholic homelife that you mention?

And for the record, I did have good parents, but they were not highly educated, and therefore they were not a lot of support when it came to college. I worked my way through, I got married young, I have had a full-time job since I was 15, and I am better for the experience. Nothing wrong with my parents, they just saw "adulthood" as a time that you go out and get married and get a job, where some other parents see it as a time that you go off to college and have a good time.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I never said, They forced their children to go to school.
I never had a good childhood either. My father committed suicide when I was 13. My mum was an alcoholic and I still came out of school with 2 A*'s and 3 A and 1 B. I went to college and I've had a few Jobs.

So please research the facts, As I said. This was my thoughts and I was wondering if anyone else felt the same way.

You seem to be getting me mixed up with someone that is saying the law is bad, why do we have them and working sucks why are we forced to work. I'm merely saying even if you supposedly didn't work or anything, you'd still be under the government. I'd like to find a way to devoice yourself from the state. Hand back your passport and driving license.

I'm not saying anything is horrible or the such, I'm just saying its like we have no choice to be born. Then go to school and then work. I'm not expecting anyone to pay for me to live. I'm just saying for human beings we are limited to the things we can do and its getting worse every year, with new laws coming in.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I do not know why most people are unaware of these simple "rules" that govern us, they just flow as they are told to do so. Some have more flow because they have more opportunities, but even so, there is just as much flow for the unfortunate as they muster through Society on their way out of the "enslavement".

Free yourself! By freeing yourself you begin to radiate and others are drawn to why and how. They will want to free themselves as well.

You free yourself by doing that which excites you in Life. Never stop reaching for the "Loves" that lift you and extend you beyond yourself. They are simply those drives within us, based on our pleasures, where we find our true Path's calling. Sometimes it takes a lifetime to realize it and sometimes it comes early. You cannot fail yourself if you are reaching for what excites you.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
My friend,

Read this thread, then tell me if this is what you are talking about.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I'm just saying its like we have no choice to be born. Then go to school and then work. I'm not expecting anyone to pay for me to live.

OK. Whether or not we have a choice to be born cannot be answered here. Personally I believe we do have a choice, and we even have a choice as to where and when we will be born, but that is entirely another topic.

To go to school and work and live, how would you propose we do it differently? If you don't expect someone else to pay for it, and you don't want to be forced to do it yourself, what do you propose?

I am not familiar with the landscape of the UK, but here in North America, it would be very simple to throw away all your worldly possessions and wander off into the Rocky Mountains, or the Canadian frontier and live off the land. It is a hard choice, and certainly not an "easier" lifestyle. Most people would prefer to put in 40 hours a week and live with all the modern comforts that their work affords them.

Maybe I am misunderstanding. Please tell me how you would like to see it changed or where the current system fails. I know there are plenty of problems, and I don't like taxes and mandated insurance, but I still feel like the choice is mine, I don't feel "forced" to do anything.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Yes, Thats exactly what I was saying. Except you've said it better obviously.

Everyone his topic covers what I mean in the way that I am trying to say. Please read his one that he linked in posts above.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePacifist
Yes, Thats exactly what I was saying. Except you've said it better obviously.

Everyone his topic covers what I mean in the way that I am trying to say. Please read his one that he linked in posts above.

Not better my friend, just differently. You did a fine job. I knew what you meant.

Anyway, if my post helps clear up your post for others, I am happy I could oblige.

Judge not, Love All, Be at peace.

With love,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I agree with your basic premise. You are born into a system (social, economic, political) not of your own choosing, or making. And the idea of the "social contract," is faulty as I don't remember ever signing it. And the system has gobbled up the land on which you could create something different.

The United States government has direct ownership of almost 650 million acres of land (2.63 million square kilometers) – nearly 30% of its total territory.

bigthink.com...

My idea is, instead of using these lands as give-ways to lumber, mining, and oil extraction interests, use the overwhelming majority that aren't national parks as "free zones" where people could homestead and set up a life outside of the system if they so choose. And if life was too hard for them, as would be the case in many instances, allow them to opt back into the system, this time actually "signing" a social contract for real.
Just a thought.

edit on 23-9-2010 by joechip because: spelling

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

We live in a world of cause and effect friend. To just let children run wild and not guide/teach them would not be conducive to civilization continuing to exist.

top topics

join