It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Force Field for our protection

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Is there a way to deter a oncoming missile from entering our airspace other than Reagan's Star Wars program? Is there a possiblity of a so called Force Field to guard our country from an attack from a airbound nuclear missile? I would think that with the technology we would have something in the making of such. I understand I'm getting out there with this but.

[edit on 23-6-2004 by I See You]

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   
It's always a good idea to tune into what the superior military has in its arsenal. Remote viewing and other intuitive measures are utilized by our government, as is evidenced by the remote viewers that worked for the government during the Gulf War and have since gone public to teach remote viewing.

The Zetan-aliens have EM cloaking capability and wonderfully efficient and extremely fast methods of propulsion, as well as some very impressive energy projection weapons.

However, they score a big fat ZERO in the force field/deflector screen department. *L*

In light of this, I have come to believe that force field technology cannot be achieved at all with physically based technology. Otherwise they would already have it and we would hear about it through many abductees, governmental insiders, and from other sources.

The Strategic Defense Initiative (SDI) -- which the liberal press mockingly labeled "Star Wars" -- is the only way to insure any kind of missile defense and there are indications that there is already a form of SDI in operation, unofficially of course.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Its a great idea...but not physically possible anytime soon. The most we can look forward to is the missle defense system in Kodiak Alaska...but it doesnt ahve the greatest percentage of stopping the missles. I think in the tests it had a 5/7 missles got by...or something like that.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
unless you believe in (HAARP)sp or (scalar)sp weapons then we have something but as of right now our tech is not that advanced.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   
We might have the technology, but are hiding it. Think about this for a sec, the US announces it is deploying force-shield defence systems that can stop all nuclear weapon. It would leave the US in the posistion of being able to attack any country and not fear being hit back-Russia, China and others would not allow that to happen, including a premtive strike on the US.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Yea its deployed and now we are making battle field versions. Fear not missles and aircraft. =).

www.spacedaily.com...

Think ship mounts, satelite mounts, aircraft versions, and you can feel safe it is deployed or about to be. If you see it it is old and there are always more powerfull versions not made public.....

[edit on 23-6-2004 by Xeven]

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 02:33 AM
link   
the lasers are being put on 747 ground vehicles even on the new F-35 I think also they will be put on satellites: up:

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 02:45 AM
link   
keep in mind... reagans star wars program was an amalgam of numerous ideas that hovered around republican drawing boards at the time, including such things as lasers, missiles, underwater based platforms, microwaves, and railguns.... so 'any other way besides' wouldn't leave too many options.

(what the hell are zeta-aliens?)

-koji K.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 03:35 AM
link   
while i dont think that force field technology or shielding technology anything like what you see in Star Trek or Star Wars is physically possible, i do think it would be possible to use magnetics to create something similar, tho it would do nothing against energy based weapons like the sci fi ones do, if you could focus it correctly, and make it powerful enough, i'm sure it could deflect things like missile's or bullets. This isn't anything i've heard about or read about, just a pet theory of my own. I think we're a LONG LONG way off from being able to do anything like that

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 04:29 AM
link   

TESLA SHIELD

Of particular interest is the hemispherical shell of energy, which years ago I dubbed the "Tesla shield."

As shown on this slide, two scalar hemispherical surfaces are created, using multiple frequency transmitters and truncated Fourier series expansions. Interference of the two scalar hemispheres creates a great, glowing hemispherical shell of ordinary electro-magnetic energy. In the shell, the energy density is sufficient to lift Dirac matter from the Dirac sea of vacuum. The shell is thus filled with a glowing plasma.

Such a shell may be several hundred miles in diameter at the base. The enormous energy required to form such a defense shell is obtained by a "scalar power tap" into the molten core of the earth itself, as previously explained. In late April/early May of 1985, 27 such "power taps" were placed in the earth by the Soviets. If each tap is capable of powering four to six large scalar EM weapons, then the Soviet strategic scalar EM arsenal contains over 100 monstrous superweapons capable of generating exothermic explosions, endothermic explosions, engineering the weather, locating and destroying underwater submarines, detecting and destroying ballistic missiles shortly after launch, detecting and destroying long range strategic bombers as soon as they are airborne, etc.

At any rate, the giant Tesla shield is useful against any penetrating vehicle. If the shell is not so large, its energy density may be very high. In that case, the intense plasma heating will fuse and even vaporize metallic bodies. In addition, any vehicle encountering the shell is subjected to an extremely intense EMP arising everywhere inside its circuitry. EM shielding is of no use against the creation of energy throughout the spacetime of the circuits; such shielding only helps against energy flow through space in the conventional sense.

Thus the electronics of any vehicle encountering the shield are instantly dudded, whether or not they are shielded against ordinary electromagnetic interference (EMI). This includes the electronics operating a nuclear warhead, carried by a re-entry vehicle. Electrically everything penetrating the shell is totally dudded. Further, explosive materials are exploded when such an EMP is encountered, and combustible materials are fiercely consumed or set afire. Ablative shielding suffers an interesting catastrophe: since energy does not try to "flow into" the shielding but "arises everywhere in it simultaneously, "ablation" occurs everywhere throughout the ablative material, simply exploding it instantly. In addition, for smaller Tesla shells (say of 50 miles diameter) the energy density is sufficient to melt or vaporize metals such as in missile structures.

With such a Tesla shield, there is no need to discriminate true warhead-bearing re-entry vehicles from decoys, chaff, etc. The entire "mess" entering the shield is simply "cleaned up" and "sterilized" or destroyed. The shield can take care of ICBMs/IRBMs and their nuclear warheads, strategic bombers and their nuclear bombs, cruise missiles and their nuclear warheads, re-entry vehicles and their warheads, decoys, chaff, etc.

Neat

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
the only thing with the telsa is that its not sure if its real or just a dream.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
the only thing with the telsa is that its not sure if its real or just a dream.

But interesting even if treated as fictitious.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
yes it is an interesting concept

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Is there some deeper information about theory, pratical, maybe even patent info?

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
H.E.L,s .. ie high energy lasers are already deployed in areas of the world in high risk scenarios. they concentrate on the fuel tank of the incoming missile and explode it before detonation point.. they are currently deployed in a three truck mobile unit ..one consisting of the laser preojecter,one of the power supply and one of the guidance sysem..range is a little limeted though.. better system is the high frequency or microwave beam which has a range of about 100km... sleep safe

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
oops.sorry my typing in the dark is a bit poo poo.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   
you dont need super accurate lasers.....just set up like a lser fence and fire a bajillion high powered lasers into the sky and have mirrors above it to deflect it back into the ground and just burn thru the ground and the missles would just be shredded if it flies thru.....might waste a lot of power but thats what came into my mind........

magnets would do that too.....just set the magnet to reverse polarity and it would push metal away

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 11:51 PM
link   
The current United States missile defense system has several parts:

First of all is the sea-based x-band radar platform. This is a huge floating oil rig converted to house the world's largest spherical radar. This has already been built and is currently in the Gulf of Mexico. It will be deployed to Adak, Alaska by the end of the year.

Second is the ground-based midcourse defense based in Fort Greely, Alaska and Vandenburg Air Base, California. This system has something like 8 interceptors, but will have 20 by the end of the year and the number will continue to grow. This system is basically operational.

Third is the Aegis cruisers, which are being converted to carry the sm-3 interceptor. One cruiser is already operational and is off the coast of Japan. Two more (for a total of three) will be added by the end of the year and more will be added until virtually all Aegis cruisers are capable of intercepting long-range (ICBMs) and mid-range missiles.

There are several other aspects of the U.S. missile defense that I didn't mention, but the above three are the only parts that are passed development and are into the testing and operational phases. The above three form a virtual shield which can protect the entire 50 states from a nuclear (ICBM) attack.

Sources: www.mda.mil and www.missilethreat.com (you can get a picture of the completed sea-based x-band radar at both websites)

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by laserdude
H.E.L,s .. ie high energy lasers are already deployed in areas of the world in high risk scenarios. they concentrate on the fuel tank of the incoming missile and explode it before detonation point.. they are currently deployed in a three truck mobile unit ..one consisting of the laser preojecter,one of the power supply and one of the guidance sysem..range is a little limeted though.. better system is the high frequency or microwave beam which has a range of about 100km... sleep safe

with a name like "Laserdude" I'm assuming you read up on lasers...and know a lot about them.

However i'm unaware of the set-up that you were refering to...please post a link, or at least the name of this system.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
The military has THEL but they are not mobile only stationary, however in the not so distant future like around 2011-2013 the military plans to have high energy lasers able to run off high powered batteries in conjunction with the diesel engine of Humvee‘s.

By coaxing a huge power boost out of tiny laser diodes like those in CD players, scoreboards and supermarket scanners, scientists are squeezing unprecedented power out of lasers made of exotic crystals -- distant cousins of the world's first laser, which Theodore Maiman fashioned from a ruby cylinder in 1960.
The latest breed of solid-state lasers now are poised to break the dominance of giant, chemical gas-powered beams with compact, mobile weapons that can run off a Humvee's diesel engine or a jet fighter's turbine.

Future Laser Weaponry

[edit on 13-6-2005 by WestPoint23]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join